Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

What advantage is there in the ability to hop from one game world to a copy of that game world that is identical in every way except for the names of the players and guilds on it?

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Evading World PvP, farming resources that would otherwise be exhausted in a zone, (exceeding instance reset timers?).

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Google is a thing.

Stfuppercut
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Westfall
US Pagle
donator Posts: 81
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
Google is a thing.
Yea, but that doesn't inflate is "level" on these forums. That's his objective, not getting an answer.

Stfuppercut Kall
Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
What advantage is there in the ability to hop from one game world to a copy of that game world that is identical in every way except for the names of the players and guilds on it?
Rare stuff might be on other layers. Think stuff like chests, Black Lotus, Devilsaur. I've abused layering to farm Devilsaur shortly after hitting 60 and I've already got my epic mount by now (and yeah, I have a 40 hour job so I've only been playing a couple of hours a day for the past 2 weeks). Shit like that.

Alterac Valley
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 175
Dwarf
Paladin
Felwood
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 28
Gnome
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Uncle Ganus McAnus wrote:
4 years ago
You devilish dog EVERY TIME you post this i can hear it...

When the hunted tell tales of Gondar, none are sure of which are true. In whispered tones they say he was abandoned as a kit, learning his skill in tracking as a matter of simple survival. Others hear he was an orphan of war, taken in by the great Soruq the Hunter to learn the master's skill with a blade as they plumbed the dark forests for big game. Still others believe he was a lowly street urchin raised among a guild of cutpurses and thieves, trained in the arts of stealth and misdirection.
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 117
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

People were literally able to find a bug due to layering where you could spawn bosses infinitely in dungeons and raids.

Imagine sitting in barons room and able to keep him spawning repeatedly. Without having to refarm the entire instance. Without worry about the 5 instance limit.
Imagine the gear, gold, and enchanting mats you could get with such an exploit.

Now imagine doing that in a raid.

And people wonder why im so against layering.
A new untested system ripe for abuse and having unintended consequences

Pippina Stfuppercut
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Instinctz wrote:
4 years ago
People were literally able to find a bug due to layering where you could spawn bosses infinitely in dungeons and raids.

Imagine sitting in barons room and able to keep him spawning repeatedly. Without having to refarm the entire instance. Without worry about the 5 instance limit.

And people wonder why im so against layering.
A new untested system ripe for abuse and having unintended consequences
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... /286941/20
 Blizzard Entertainment
We want to assure you that the issue is a much smaller problem than some people are claiming. We’ve been closely monitoring the effect layering is having on economies and other aspects of the game, and many of the stories we see posted are wildly inaccurate. We’ve seen screenshots of banks full of rare crafting materials, which we’ve investigated and proved false.

Rest assured that there are not people running around with banks full of (Thorium) Arcane Crystals or Black Lotus.
:lol:

teebling
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
farming resources that would otherwise be exhausted in a zone
How is it possible to exhaust resources in a zone?
Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
Google is a thing.
Yes, and it's one of the world's best ways to find misinformation. According to Google, Jewish lizards from outer space control the world, incense and bath salts are the same thing, and at least 14 different artists - including Weird Al, Fatboy Slim, They Might Be Giants, The Arrogant Worms, Adam Sandler, Bob and Tom, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and Ben Stein - are responsible for writing and performing "The Beer Song".

Google should not be used as a substitute for getting the facts.
TeamRemix wrote:
4 years ago
Yea, but that doesn't inflate is "level" on these forums. That's his objective,
Oh look, another mental defective asking to be banned.

Teebling, how's that block function coming along?
Instinctz wrote:
4 years ago

I dunno about gold and enchanting mats, but I can definitely see how that could be abused to gain certain highly sought-after items like Rivendare's Charger or Corrupted Ashbringer. Could you imagine every paladin in the game running around with an Ashbringer? Blizzard must never allow such a thing. :lol:

My reputation is clean.
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 117
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
teebling wrote:
4 years ago
farming resources that would otherwise be exhausted in a zone
How is it possible to exhaust resources in a zone?
Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
Google is a thing.
Yes, and it's one of the world's best ways to find misinformation. According to Google, Jewish lizards from outer space control the world, incense and bath salts are the same thing, and at least 14 different artists - including Weird Al, Fatboy Slim, They Might Be Giants, The Arrogant Worms, Adam Sandler, Bob and Tom, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and Ben Stein - are responsible for writing and performing "The Beer Song".

Google should not be used as a substitute for getting the facts.
TeamRemix wrote:
4 years ago
Yea, but that doesn't inflate is "level" on these forums. That's his objective,
Oh look, another mental defective asking to be banned.

Teebling, how's that block function coming along?
Instinctz wrote:
4 years ago

I dunno about gold and enchanting mats, but I can definitely see how that could be abused to gain certain highly sought-after items like Rivendare's Charger or Corrupted Ashbringer. Could you imagine every paladin in the game running around with an Ashbringer? Blizzard must never allow such a thing. :lol:
Umm yes enchanting mats. Farm bosses, disenchant loot. Without needing to reset. Without needing to wait for trash clears.

EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 4
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

https://www.twitch.tv/skarmtank/clip/Co ... aterAliens

Apparently some guilds were doing this on Ragnaros...

Selexin
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Who cares if people exploit it?

I wouldnt want gold I didnt earn honest, I don't care if I'm the only one with the 60% speed mount when the rest has 100%. I'm playing for ME.

Same people who exploit will lose interest in the game alot faster, and those who exploit are the same people who whine that it's possible
to exploit. People are dumb as hell. Shaking my mf head

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago

And then they issued a hotfix the next day for layering. I think the issue was a lot bigger than Blizz let on. I also think that some people exaggerated their profits. I can only speak from my own experience... Layering was massive for devilsaur farming. I was getting about 10 times the yield I could have as a 3 man team on a single cohesive world.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Winterspring
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 146
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
Who cares if people exploit it?
You should, because people exploiting this on your server are actively screwing it's economy (and yours along the way), people using this to farm X item and then selling or hoarding them will screw the server economy, and eventually yours.

It has been obvious since the beginning people have been exploiting layering to their own gains. Those who were vocal about it were doing a favor to the community by spreading the info, so thanks; and those who used layering to their own gains should be banned, permanently in my opinion.

daisyKutter - Troll Protection Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Horde
Druid Feral
US Incendius
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
If you cannot discriminate what is real information and what isn't then how can you even trust the information you get here?

Do some fucking work you lazy bastard and read more than one link for fucks sake.

That may be harsh, but god man... your post history is really wearing thin now.

Shaman Enhancement
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If Google isn't a good way to get facts, my career as a software developer is in serious danger!

daisyKutter Zanthir teebling
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
If you cannot disseminate what is real information and what isn't then how can you even trust the information you get here?
If you use words like "disseminate" without having any idea what they mean, why should anyone bother taking any of your posts seriously?

My reputation is clean.
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
why should anyone bother taking any of your posts seriously?

Something something pot calling the kettle....

Stfuppercut
Druid Feral
US Incendius
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
If you use words like "disseminate" without having any idea what they mean, why should anyone bother taking any of your posts seriously?
It's called auto correct, the word I meant to write was discriminate, which I have now amended. Pointing out someones misuse of a word does not make you appear intelligent.

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
It's called auto correct, the word I meant to write was discriminate, which I have no amended. Pointing out someones misuse of a word does not make you appear intelligent.
Bruh at this point I'd like to bring back the old, "Don't feed the troll". It's what he wants.

rijndael Gallow
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote: