donator Posts: 2
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi people! Im just lvl 30 paladin,. All my points are in holy tree for now. But i want go to another tree, because i love world pvp. Is reckoning or otther variations still viable nowadays,? Which would be the best spec for dueling?

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So paladin is an odd beast when it comes to PvP and world PvP.

Reckoning, as I understand it, has been pretty nerfed in terms of comparison with pservers. I've never personally had any luck with reckoning. On paper is sounds amazing with holy. Sit in the back and heal and let people wail on you and get those juice reckbomb stacks. Well, the second you unload those reck stacks everyone is going to know exactly what you are and completely leave you alone and never attack you.
For straight dueling, I'd definitely recommend ret. Sure it's a meme spec, but it's primarily a meme spec in terms of raiding. In PvP a ret paladin with engineering can be a scary thing. Just don't act like a warrior and rush head first into battle. Remember what you are first a foremost - a support class.

I haven't played a paladin in quite a while, but I have read posts about a spelladin which sounds to be pretty promising. I'd recommend checking that out because it appears to be pretty good from what I understand. I could be wrong though and probably am.

I'd suggest Holy/Ret for PvP.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
donator Posts: 2
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
So paladin is an odd beast when it comes to PvP and world PvP.

Reckoning, as I understand it, has been pretty nerfed in terms of comparison with pservers. I've never personally had any luck with reckoning. On paper is sounds amazing with holy. Sit in the back and heal and let people wail on you and get those juice reckbomb stacks. Well, the second you unload those reck stacks everyone is going to know exactly what you are and completely leave you alone and never attack you.
For straight dueling, I'd definitely recommend ret. Sure it's a meme spec, but it's primarily a meme spec in terms of raiding. In PvP a ret paladin with engineering can be a scary thing. Just don't act like a warrior and rush head first into battle. Remember what you are first a foremost - a support class.

I haven't played a paladin in quite a while, but I have read posts about a spelladin which sounds to be pretty promising. I'd recommend checking that out because it appears to be pretty good from what I understand. I could be wrong though and probably am.

I'd suggest Holy/Ret for PvP.
Ty for your answer ! If im not wrong, holy/ret would be another popular build, shockadin i think. But I think i already invested too deep into the holy tree for that build. My first paladin is full of doubts xdd

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It sounds like you're looking for a spec that you can level to 60 with while still being able to partake in world PvP. If so, I'd suggest you go 31 Ret and then cut over to Holy.

Something like this:
https://classicdb.ch/?talent#sxxuZZVdxtbcqo

You can then respec to Holy in the mid 50s or at 60. You can certainly continue with Ret at 60 as it is perfectly viable in PvP, but you'll have a tough time in raids.

Also, I suggest you check this out: