donator Posts: 8
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi guys.

I'm planning on using the same SM/Ruin spec for both PvE and PvP. It's not ideal, but they are 95% the same and paying 50g to respec constantly is much worse. I'm tying to figure out which of these specs I'm less of a disadvantage in doing the thing it wasn't intended for. What is less of a big deal, having unnecessary points in Suppression and no Fel Concentration for PvP, or having 3/5 Suppression and 5/5 Fel Concentration for PvE?

Thanks!

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Both. This is the default fresh warlock spec at 60.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Both. This is the default fresh warlock spec at 60.
I don't want to constantly respec to the PvE spec when I'm doing PvE, and the PvP spec when I'm doing PvP. So I was wondering which variation of the SM/Ruin spec is better if I'm doing both, the PvE or the PvP one? Am I worse off having two less points in Suppression for PvE, or not having Fel Concentration for PvP?

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Apav wrote:
4 years ago
Am I worse off having two less points in Suppression for PvE, or not having Fel Concentration for PvP?
Youre worse off in whichever situation you are not spec'd for. So if you take the PvP spec, you will inherently do worse in PvE and vice versa.

Your choices matter in vanilla, you dont get to be the best in both, you have to make compromises depending on what you want to excel in.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Apav wrote:
4 years ago
Am I worse off having two less points in Suppression for PvE, or not having Fel Concentration for PvP?
Youre worse off in whichever situation you are not spec'd for. So if you take the PvP spec, you will inherently do worse in PvE and vice versa.

Your choices matter in vanilla, you dont get to be the best in both, you have to make compromises depending on what you want to excel in.
True. Still, I think whatever decision I make is still the better choice than paying 50-100g every day. I think I'm leaning towards the PvE spec because the extra hit will always be useful when casting Corruption in raids. Whereas with the PvP spec in PvP I won't be draining all the time to avoid things like Pummel and Kick, and if I get knocked back I can just recast it.

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 83
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If I were you I'd focus on the pvp variant. Pve is not that hard anyway and in pvp each advantage counts.

Warlock Destruction
donator Posts: 20
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pluuf wrote:
4 years ago
If I were you I'd focus on the pvp variant. Pve is not that hard anyway and in pvp each advantage counts.
What he said ^^

Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

3 points in supression is actually all you need to hit-cap yourself to yellow mobs, so just avoid zones where they're orange and you should be perfect