Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

With the opening of the free character transfers, I am now torn. I started on Grobbulus as that was obviously the only RP-PVP server available. When Deviate Delight was launched, I was very torn but decided to stick with Grobbulus because I had already started there and Grob had and still does have a bigger population and faction balance. The only difference between the two mechanically is 30ms of latency and the fact that I am on the East Coast.

As minimal as that is I still feel like I should tranfer to DD. I don't want to leave Grobbulus behind though.

I have one IRL friend who will roll wherever I do, and don't really have any in game ties, although I have had fun with my guild so far.

Help.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It's really up to your call. There are perks to either. I think it's worth thinking about long-term population trends. Do you think DD is big enough to survive the eventual contraction of the player base? At the same time, do you find the population size of Grobbulus right now to be oppressive or a detriment to you experience? There's really no right answer, just what you think will be the best long-term situation.

Telvaine
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
It's really up to your call. There are perks to either. I think it's worth thinking about long-term population trends. Do you think DD is big enough to survive the eventual contraction of the player base? At the same time, do you find the population size of Grobbulus right now to be oppressive or a detriment to you experience? There's really no right answer, just what you think will be the best long-term situation.
I think the long term population outlook is a lot more promising on Grobbulus. Is that really more important in the long run?

Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
I think the long term population outlook is a lot more promising on Grobbulus. Is that really more important in the long run?
It depends I guess. I'm happy enough to be on a medium pop server. But supposedly the economy is stronger on larger pop servers, and if your guild collapses or whatever, you have lots more players to play with. I think in general most players would prefer to play on a server with a higher pop. But don't pretend to know all the precise pros/cons.

Telvaine
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Is anyone worried that the populations during phase 2 and beyond will actually remain too high? Blizzard says medium pop in current phase has populations higher than we used to see in Vanilla. Even if DD contracts from Medium to Low, I imagine the Classic Low is akin to a Vanilla Medium.

I suppose that's a much easier problem to address with population transfers. Not sure if offering transfers from Grob to DD has increased its population to High, or is DD still hovering around Medium during peak times?

Telvaine
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Honestly I would stay where you are, unless you have a good reason to move to the new server (RL friends are playing there, etc).
I did the server change in TBC from a high pop PvP-RP to low pop PvP-RP, and I regretted it so much.

Finding people to do anything is hard enough, even more so on a low pop realm. Finding a tank/healer on a low pop realm on off hours will be a nightmare few weeks/months from now.

Also PvP-RP realms have been usually balanced in horde:ally, but pure RP realms are almost always overwhelmingly in favor of allies. Maybe something to consider as well.

Telvaine
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I was tempted to roll Grob just for The Grobbulus Gazette.

badgirls Telvaine Gallow
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Alright thanks for the free back guys. I'm going to stick with Grob, first because I've already grown attached to the community, but also because the potential negative consequences for moving are a lot more serious than the potential negative consequences of staying.

I'll take the logically safe option and the one that gives me the good feels.

Gallow
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
I was tempted to roll Grob just for The Grobbulus Gazette.
I'm so jelly of the Grob! Oceanic has no RP servers :/
Someone should do a community website for Arugal!

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde