Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 26
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

SpoilerShow
Mounts. Everyone want them. But no one wants to farm for them.

So I work third shift and I'm an eastern player on a pacific server (Whitemane). When I come home from work early in the am I have a special fishing spot that I use. It's really dead because of the server time. There can be anywhere from 8 to 10 spawns by the time I'm done. Then I hit up a couple more common places.

Usually takes an hour then I go about questing again. I dont make an insane amount of gold doing this or nothing. But as a daily routine it will add up and certainly help before I reach 40.

Anyone else want to share?

ClassicRaids
Yinn - Orc 2h fury Warrior - Arcanite Reaper :twisted:
Burning Steppes
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

JollyResolve6 wrote:
4 years ago
Didn't quite have enough gold by 40 and had to borrow some, but I probably would have if I'd managed to get my herbalism going.
Yeah herbs are mad expensive on the AH right now. I have a fear of borrowing gold. I had a bad habit of that my first time in vanilla. When I was a kid and didn't know any better... :lol:

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yinn teebling fendor
Burning Steppes
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Why is that so much?

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Yinn @JollyResolve6

SpoilerShow
Clamette Surprise

Anyone who wanted Artisan Cooking but didn't google this before hand either pays 4g or wastes 30 minutes flying back to their home city. Same goes for the Zest Clam Meat.

Giant Eggs will also get you bank especially from people doing this before level 40 but they're a bit of a PITA to farm.

Yinn badgirls fendor
Burning Steppes
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Was wondering because I knew you could buy those at Thousand Needles.

fendor
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The only thing I've sold on the AH so far have been some smelted bars and a blue 1H axe. For the most part I'm vendoring everything. My level 40 mount will be free so everything is going towards level 60.

FTHforever Bluddy
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I picked up as many Savoury Deviate Delight recipes as I could during the first week, all selling for 20-80s-ish, now theyre worth like 3g each

Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Since the market was flooded with underpriced blue items I bought all the twink gear for 1-2g instead of buying my mount at 40.

in a few months I'll relist each item for 30 or 40 times the price.

teebling Kall Bluddy
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

DoomC wrote:
4 years ago
Since the market was flooded with underpriced blue items I bought all the twink gear for 1-2g instead of buying my mount at 40.

Someone listed a goddamn https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1482/shadowfang on our AH few days ago for 2g.
Not sure if it was a mistake, or it was snatched immediately, but it was gone few seconds later it was put.
Clicking on buy returned the error "This item was not found".

I've dreamt of the days where I could profit from a sale like this, but I wasn't fast enough :sad:

On topic, I've been selling greens/leather to vendor, and ore/ingots on AH. So far I have around 20g at level 32, but I do have 4x12 slot bags!
I need to focus on fishing I guess If I want to get a mount by 40. #warriorlife

Also: Ding 40!

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
DoomC wrote:
4 years ago

Someone listed a goddamn https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1482/shadowfang on our AH few days ago for 2g.
Not sure if it was a mistake, or it was snatched immediately, but it was gone few seconds later it was put.

I've dreamt of the days where I could profit from a sale like this, but I wasn't fast enough :sad:

On topic, I've been selling greens/leather to vendor, and ore/ingots on AH. So far I have around 20g at level 32, but I do have 4x12 slot bags!

What the helllllllllll I wish there were those sorts of people posting on my AH!

Currently I'm sitting on about 20 gold at level 28, which I don't think is bad by any means. I've only spent on profession and spell skillups - no vendor or AH purchases at all. The occasional rare mat I find I'll sell off on the AH but to be honest I'm either banking or vendoring 95% of what I find.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
What the helllllllllll I wish there were those sorts of people posting on my AH!

Currently I'm sitting on about 20 gold at level 28, which I don't think is bad by any means. I've only spent on profession and spell skillups - no vendor or AH purchases at all. The occasional rare mat I find I'll sell off on the AH but to be honest I'm either banking or vendoring 95% of what I find.
I'm sooo beating myself for not grabbing it! That's much worse lol!
That's like an easy 700-1000g if the buyer has the patience to wait for few months to re-sell the item.
Or you know.... it could be a level 20 rogue browsing the AH and going "oh hey a nice rare weapon for 2g. Finally I can replace my main hand!"...... *shudder*

20g at 28 is more than I had! I was on a roll this weekend by playing the AH a bit. Auctioneer does wonders haha.

Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago

I checked the AH for blues 17-19 daily for a while, never saw shadowfang. I'm sure there are people using addons sitting in the AH all day waiting to snipe stuff like that. But in reality, I don't think it matters much what you buy. Any twink item is going to go way up in price later, even the bad ones.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 177
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've sold everything I don't need and I've crafted a lot of Light Armor Kits for 2s - 5s depending on how many are on the AH. I'm only at 2g at level 18

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago

This is pretty much me, though I've stopped to focus on some areas that felt like they had some really good drops from the mobs. I'm at 36g at level 31. Feel like I could be doing better, but I certainly could be doing worse.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Rogue Assassination
US Westfall
donator Posts: 81
Human
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sitting pretty on 208g at lv 54, had my mount at dead on 40 with 93g in my pockets at the time.

Still bought most of my training and a few misc items on the AH. I've probably made around 40g on the AH and about 10g through friends. Biggest item I've sold was Dreamweave chest for 15g which I farmed the mats for and had my friend craft me for free. Easy $.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nothing done yet, I'm not too fazed as a Druid or even Shaman getting mount @ 40. If I get it at 42-43 on Shaman and 45 on Druid I'll be happy. Mount doesn't make or break the enjoyment for me, I'm in no great rush and travel form/ghost wolf will get me by just fine :smile:

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
I'm at 36g at level 31. Feel like I could be doing better, but I certainly could be doing worse.
I'd say that's certainly above average!