Warrior Fury
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 31
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm on Gandling. The choice was purely random because I don't actually have any friends who play this game.
loneliness is crushing me. every meter i walk feels like a mile. solo leveling in this game as a jaded private server veteran is the opposite of fun. this is a cry for help.

I know a lot of people who came to Classic with their friend group agreed on one realm prior but I'm curious how many people actually did that.

"Einstein would turn over in his grave;
Not only does God play dice,
But the dice are loaded."

- Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Looking God In The Eye"
Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I was going to play on Firemaw but because of Blizzards choice to only start out with 2 servers, then 3 servers it was so full that i just didnt want to spend my time in hour long queue's i switched to Zandalari Tribe (RP-PVP) We have no queues and everything is great here. The only thing i dont like is that i was in a guild on Firemaw before the servers went live, i would have loved playing with those guys.

Warlock Affliction
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 21
Alliance
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

One old school friend from 2007 was on Pyrewood Village. Due to our work commitments, unlikely to play with him much, but it’s good to know at least one person I guess.

Undercity
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 36
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zandalar Tribe - the only RP-PvP Server (eu). Easy choice=D

I am not an RP player but I heared from 'light rp' world pvp events & world pvp guilds on RP-PvP Servers and it sounds like a great community based event and ofc it is one more opportunity to enjoy the game.

Zandalar Tribe rp-pvp
Horde
Gravediggers
Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 32
Troll
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zandalar Tribe because I wanted to experience a PVP server while also getting to stay in an RP realm (played on Argent Dawn EU for 6 years). A large group of my friends are also playing on ZT so it just made sense to play on the server with all my mates. :biggrin:

| Casp - Troll Priest | <Zandalar Tribe> |
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Can you explain how does the game work in RP-PvP realm? I always have played on PvP. Do you do raids, dungeons etc?

Durotar
EU Skullflame
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

atkars wrote:
4 years ago
Can you explain how does the game work in RP-PvP realm? I always have played on PvP. Do you do raids, dungeons etc?
basically it feels the same as on any other pvp server - but you run into real/fun rp players once in a while. the only difference for me until now is that 1) i report players with names like yomamacrusher etc. that i dont feel rp appropiate 2) and that i dont disturb rp events/players and play/talk along. i enjoy rp encounters but don't initiate them myself for now because i have litte time to play and focus on leveling for now.

FROST SHOCK!
The Barrens
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 61
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gehennas, becuase of the Nordic project (nordicclassic) and my friends!

Gehennas EU PvP - Horde
<FIKA>
Durotar
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 19
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

tbh its just because of population.
Nothing else.
I am working too long hours, i can only play like 3 hours at prime time and i dont want to wait any queues.
There i said it, imho, it doesnt matter which server u play if you are not hardcore or a youtuber etc.

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Wanted a PVE server, chosen RP because I like to RP sometimes. So the choice was to Hydraxian Waterlords, only RP server in EU :-)

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I chose Firemaw mainly cuz of guild.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Utter and complete randomness. I also expect paid server transfers to eventually become a thing anyway. What do you think?

Image    Image    Image
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I think there will be paid server transfers eventually. Probably with a 6 month cd or something like that.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 22
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Mograine PVP here.

I went off the reddit survey that went up a few days before servers were announced. It seemed to have a 50/50 balance with factions and it was a little less busy than the other four big pvp servers, whilst still having a high amount of people pick it in their survey.

EDIT: Any Mograine players around on these forums?

Warrior Fury
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 31
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
I also expect paid server transfers to eventually become a thing anyway.
Yeah, they were part of late vanilla and I expect them to be back too at some point probably along the Nax phase.

"Einstein would turn over in his grave;
Not only does God play dice,
But the dice are loaded."

- Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Looking God In The Eye"
Hillsbrad Foothills
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 11
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Bloodfang cos it was the last to open and there's no way I'd roll horde on a realm called Judgment.

Stormwind
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 4
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm not on EU servers but I'm going to post here anyway because I'm European. I've always played on European servers in Blizzard games and found two things:

1) Blizzard ALWAYS finds a way to make Europeans second class customers at some point by giving American players special privileges/earlier access to things etc.
2) EU servers split into cliques with a bunch of 'Norwegian only' 'Swedish only' etc guilds and you often see people talking in their native tongue even though they can speak English. I think this damages the community and splits people off into cliques.

As a result I decided to roll on American servers. So far, so good. The ping is a bit worse but this isn't ap ing intensive game so it's not very noticeable. The time zone is 4-5 hours behind which might cause issues later on for raiding but I'll just have to find a guild that raids a bit earlier. It's also a bit of a bonus at times as I can play during mid day or prime time for my time zone and do quests/farming and not be bothered much because Americans are still asleep or at work/school etc.

Archmage Sneed Feedlseed, at your service.
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 1
Orc
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I started on Firemaw, But me and my mates coudn’t stand such long queues, so we went for Gandling aswell. We had no particular reason for choosing Gandling though. We are like 8 mates playing Horde here. :)