OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
No berserker stance? I thought you were way ahead of your guild?

Stfuppercut Lendryn rijndael Caperfin
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I love that he kept attack on his bar and that its bound to 1. Says everything about him.

Thats the great thing about vanilla, you only need to see a sliver of someones screen to deduce exactly what kind of player youre dealing with.

d3aths rijndael Kall
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
No berserker stance? I thought you were way ahead of your guild?
I've been sitting on this screenshot for a while. I did the Affray yesterday.
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
I love that he kept attack on his bar and that its bound to 1. Says everything about him.
One of the annoying things about Classic is that autoattack keeps spontaneously turning itself off. I have autoattack exactly where I need it. The mushrooms and other crap on my action bar got moved off.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
One of the annoying things about Classic is that autoattack keeps spontaneously turning itself off. I have autoattack exactly where I need it. The mushrooms and other crap on my action bar got moved off.
Sooooo casual.... hahahaha. If only he knew.

rijndael
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Knew what? Do you only come to these forums to be an asshole and to shit all over other people or do you have useful information to contribute?

Vlostek bunkbed209 Kall Winco
Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If autoattack is turning off for you, I'd recommend adding /startattack as a macro on your activated abilities rather than wasting a keybind for it.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
4 years ago
If autoattack is turning off for you, I'd recommend adding /startattack as a macro on your activated abilities rather than wasting a keybind for it.
this should be a tip on the loading menus...

rijndael daisyKutter
Image    Image    Image
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
Zanthir wrote:
4 years ago
this should be a tip on the loading menus...
I sincerely believe this should be baked in functionality to any melee ability. I can't think of a scenario where I try to Mortal Strike, don't have enough rage, and don't want to autoattack. But that doesn't go with #nochanges though...

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just think that its ironic that people like @Black Monarch have such big ideas on how Classic should function or how the future of Classic should be, when they clearly dont have the basics of the current game. Its just hilarious to me. Posts like this just absolutely drain someones credibility.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with being new and not knowing things about the game. But if you want to present like an informed player and try and post about your big ideas for Classic, you need to be informed. If you arent informed, stop making posts and go play the game... Go learn. Then come back when you have an informed opinion and make posts about your big ideas.

Its a personal pet peeve of mine. I argue with people about layering who havent abused layering. I argue with people about the difficulty of raids, who have not raided in vanilla, private or Classic. If you are not informed, go get informed and then come back and talk.

Lendryn
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
4 years ago
I sincerely believe this should be baked in functionality to any melee ability. I can't think of a scenario where I try to Mortal Strike, don't have enough rage, and don't want to autoattack. But that doesn't go with #nochanges though...
Yes, and almost every time I get a new ability as a warrior I write a macro.

An example for Disarm

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Disarm
/startattack
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
corrected, thanks to @Gallow

What does it do?
Line 1 show the tooltip for the ability, line 2 start autoattacking, line 3 cast Defensive Stance if not already in it and finally line 4 disarm the target.

Macros are awesome, use them!

Faendor teebling
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Sooooo casual.... hahahaha. If only he knew.
Yea that is a rough looking actionbar there.

Do you keyboard turn and backpedal as well?

Sorry black, but Stfu is right. Your posts here have constantly been misinforned and show a general lack of understanding about what classic wow was and is. It's why I kept commenting on your posts about shit posting to level 60. This is one such post.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just right click on the target, never failed, always worked. Q E R, strafe A/D. Disarm Macro, B Rage Macro.
Best and worst thing about warriors, is that you need a lot of muscle memory. But once you get it, you're a god.
I didn't know anything about /startattack macro, that's a thing to keep in mind now I guess.
If I can give any tip for people in here, use this /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() to hide the annoying "You're too far away", "Not enough mana" popup on the screen. That's as far as I go on macro knowledge D:

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
4 years ago
I just right click on the target, never failed, always worked. Q E R, strafe A/D. Disarm Macro, B Rage Macro.
Best and worst thing about warriors, is that you need a lot of muscle memory. But once you get it, you're a god.
I didn't know anything about /startattack macro, that's a thing to keep in mind now I guess.
If I can give any tip for people in here, use this /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() to hide the annoying "You're too far away", "Not enough mana" popup on the screen. That's as far as I go on macro knowledge D:
For the longest time I would just force auto-attack with right click every time I needed to. I'd heard about macros forever but never looked into them much. From the beginning of Classic this time around I decided to learn how to use them and man they make a huge fucking difference. You should give it a shot.

Here's an example of a macro I use. Sometimes I want to attack something in bear form, but don't have any rage. I press Maul and nothing happens. I press it again, still no rage, I'm still standing there. I'm sure that as a warrior you know this experience well. I could right click the mob to start attacking it, but I've already lost time and I'm getting behind in threat generation. It's a bad situation all around. So instead of putting maul directly on my action bar, I made a macro that looks like this instead:

#showtooltip maul
/startattack
/cast maul
I put this on my action bar instead of maul. This time if I go up to a mob and press my maul keybind without enough rage, I at least start swinging. I don't have to spend time to realize that I lack rage, I don't spend time realizing that I need to right click to start attacking, I don't lose any time at all. I immediately start attacking. I don't get my maul because I don't have rage, but I don't waste time just standing there either. No matter how good your muscle memory is, these macros save you time and saved time equates to better performance no matter what role you're in.

Note that the /startattack command starts attack. It does not stop attack. This means that pressing it twice in a row does not cancel auto attack. I bring this up because the stock keybind of 'T' for auto attack does switch auto attack on and off and cycles through on/off every time you press. The /startattack command does not behave this way. Every time you press the button for this macro it will ensure that you are auto attacking.

You should consider replacing every attack on your bar with a macro like the one above. Just replace 'Maul' with the name of whatever your attack is. And note that you just type out the name of attacks with multiple words, no use of quotation marks or anything. For example, this is what Heroic Strike would look like for you:

#showtooltip Heroic Strike
/startattack
/cast Heroic Strike
Also note that if you select the "?" macro icon and start the macro with #showtooltip <name of spell>, then the system will automatically replace the ? icon with the correct icon of the spell named in the #showtooltip command. This happens after you drag it to your action bar and close the macro interface. I just learned this trick last night and it's already saved me a lot of time trying to find the right icon manually.

@Black Monarch you should consider this too because it means you get your attack button off your action bar, you get another keybind back, and you don't lose time having to activate this. Just incorporate it into all of your attacks through macros like this.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
#showtooltip Disarm
/startattack
/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
Is there any reason why "[nostance:2]" is added?
I understand what it does, I just can't see any reason why to include it.

Stances are off the Global Cooldown, so if you just have

/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
it's instant.

If you are already in Defensive Stance, it will not try to cast it again.
If you are in stance 1 or 3, it will cast it and instantly cast Disarm.

So to me the "[nostance:2]" seems redundant. Or maybe I'm missing something?

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde