Poll  •  What will You choose?
Warlock Affliction
donator Posts: 9
Gnome
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hey,
wanted to ask about your opinion on stat priority for warlock in early game (currently lvl 26). Should i be replacing spell power gear with no intellect at all with no spell power but large +intellect stats? Currently have 3 + shadow damage items (almost +20 spell power combined) which makes my spells hit significantly harder. However i know I could have at least 200 more HP and Intellect if i use other items instead.

Sry for my english, not a native speaker.

Thx in advance

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Its not just A or B, you should have option C which should say "using both spell power gear and stat gear".. My warlock is 35 at the moment and I have a few good stat stick items, yet when I am able to attain shadoweave gear I will go for that for most slots but still keeping hard stat sticks on some gear to make sure I have enough sta / int to actually survive stuff

k.kamenov
EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Warlock Affliction
Gnome
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ShamelessEU wrote:
4 years ago
Its not just A or B, you should have option C which should say "using both spell power gear and stat gear".. My warlock is 35 at the moment and I have a few good stat stick items, yet when I am able to attain shadoweave gear I will go for that for most slots but still keeping hard stat sticks on some gear to make sure I have enough sta / int to actually survive stuff
Thanks for the answer! I guess I will just try to balance the +SP and Int/Stam.

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

A good set to aim for is shadoweave around lv37 - lv44.. Before that you do not get enough spell power for it to really do anything, but at those levels you can gather up a lot + it will be improved even more so due to talents

k.kamenov
EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Dustwallow Marsh
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 20
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

You should always aim for more spell power, no matter if you're leveling or are a end-game raider.

More INT means more spell critical, which is always nice, but it's not an important factor at low level, partly because you won't have enough INT for it to matter. Harder hitting spell power, however, always adds up to your spell damage, no matter how small.
The problem with spell power at low levels, however, is that it is very scarce. With the exception of a few quest items, finding items with +SP is difficult.

In principle, until AQ, you should prioritize stats something like this:
Spell power > Spell critical > Hit > Int > Stamina.

Warlock Affliction
Gnome
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

algorithm wrote:
4 years ago
You should always aim for more spell power, no matter if you're leveling or are a end-game raider.

More INT means more spell critical, which is always nice, but it's not an important factor at low level, partly because you won't have enough INT for it to matter. Harder hitting spell power, however, always adds up to your spell damage, no matter how small.
The problem with spell power at low levels, however, is that it is very scarce. With the exception of a few quest items, finding items with +SP is difficult.

In principle, until AQ, you should prioritize stats something like this:
Spell power > Spell critical > Hit > Int > Stamina.
I understand what you mean however having 300 more hp and mana instead of shadowbolt hitting for 12 more dmg could be important, especially on lower levels

algorithm
Dustwallow Marsh
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 20
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

k.kamenov wrote:
4 years ago
I understand what you mean however having 300 more hp and mana instead of shadowbolt hitting for 12 more dmg could be important, especially on lower levels
It seems you answered your own question, then.

k.kamenov