Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

...how are you holding up out there?

It's been a week and a couple days, the addiction is manageable at this point, but I'm still in the painfully slow leveling-up process. Once I hit 60, I might have to put in for early retirement. Oh how I wish I were still in college. Hell, I might go re-enroll...see if my job will pay for me to go full time.

In the meantime, I have about 5 more hours to kill before I get to leave my job and re-enter Azeroth. Wish me luck.

kekgenius
Ashenvale
US Myzrael
donator Posts: 9
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Trying hard to focus on work instead of think about WoW, haha

Been playing about 5 hours a day, most days. Trying not to completely bail on social obligations to come home and play... :P

Pippina Pluuf
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Last week, I had a six day weekend. A two day work week into a six day weekend makes for a hell of a first week in Classic. Back to the normal grind this week, though. Day 3. Feels bad man.

Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 117
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Im sitting at level 18 and playing when i van

Selexin
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Instinctz wrote:
4 years ago
Im sitting at level 18 and playing when i van
I don't play in a van (:wink:), but I am taking it pretty slow also. Took day 1 off for launch, but wasted most of the day leveling on one server, only to have all my mates get stuck in queues and migrate to a new server. I had to write off those first 6-7 hours played and start again.

I am enjoying the ride. I do envy seeing streamers/players at 60 doing high level dungeons, or raids. But I can wait :smile:

Stfuppercut
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm very sleep deprived. My sleep schedule is already fucked and I'm going to bed at 2AM and not sleeping much. And once I get in, I stay logged in and barely get up to make dinner and stuff because once I idle out then I'm done for the night due to the queue. Once the queues die down in a few weeks I'll be able to play in smaller chunks and get back to normal habits.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm currently doing some 50+ hour weeks, which is ... not fun.
But I'm getting by. My warrior is around level 27, did some dungeons here and there, quests here and there, walked to Desolace / Dustwallow Marsh for the FA/Cook books, did some world pvp. Some people are already level 40+ in my guild, but I'm not sweating it. If anything they'll be able to help me with my Whirlwind Axe quest :mrgreen:

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Hunter Beast Mastery
US Stalagg
donator Posts: 87
Orc
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I work in law enforcement. We have a weird schedule. 2 days on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off. i work 6pm - 6am. I'm leveling two characters mage is at 25 and hunter is at 13. I play the mage when the wife isn't playing and hunter with her.

Stfuppercut
Quicks - Orc Hunter - US Sulfuras
Chablo - Undead Mage - US Sulfuras

Winterspring
EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 35
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I’m dualboxing a Warrior and a Druid, level 17. I got lucky with additional time to play over the past few weeks, but I’m probably looking at 2-3 hours per week play time going forwards.

I want to be at 60, but with this style of gameplay it has to be all about the journey!

Pippina
Never stop never stopping.
Ashenvale
US Myzrael
donator Posts: 9
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Teeny wrote:
4 years ago
with this style of gameplay it has to be all about the journey!
So true. Don't sweat or rush, enjoy and get there when you get there.

Winterspring
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 146
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm at lvl 17 with my warrior and 12 with my shaman. I wish I could spend more time playing but real life things keep appearing and keeping me busy :/
I hope I can play more in the coming days..

daisyKutter - Troll Protection Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Horde
Deleted User 2577
donator Posts:
Deleted User 2577
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

My main is level 34 and im in shadowprey village in desolace hoping to ding 40 by next week monday..

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Working 5 days per week too, and mostly don't play more than 30 hours a week, with a big sunday session.
Made it to 28 on main, 14 and 11 on alts but I think that's pretty good for 10 days. WOW is a marathon not a sprint so don't waste yourselves - WOW will be around.

Stfuppercut
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Taking it easy, currently level 26.

I was on a roll up until around level 24, I knew exactly where I was going and always had the next few steps planned.

Now I'm wandering around a lot looking for the odd quest and leveling professions.

Need to find a good AoE farm spot for level 26-30 that isn't Duskwood because I'm on a PvP server and that would be hell.

Shaman Elemental
donator Posts: 6
Orc
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I too do 40h weeks. Most of my free time I end up spending with my GF. She does not encourage me playing the game, but she also doesn't deny it. She works shifts as a nurse, and I take that in advantage. Most I get on a weekday is 2h of playing. Weekends may vary from 2-6 hours a day.

Too be honest, I'd wish I could play 24/7, but when I think about it, that's not okay. I'm glad she doesn't encourage it because after all, it is just a game. Keeping my play time spread and not too long doesn't make me get bored real fast!

Looking forward to popping a beer and booting the game tonight, because I have a whole evening to myself.

We're not 14 anymore. It's a part of growing up, whether we like it or not.

Orgrimmar
EU Nethergarde Keep
donator Posts: 2
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I work in the telecommunications sector with VPN possibilities so actually I am able to do some parrallell "work". However I prefer not too and the addiction and time consumption of lvling is what scares me the most of this sexy ass game...

Pippina badgirls
Westfall
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 47
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The first week I was free and managed to get to 31. This week I only managed to get to 34, but that is okay.

Last week I no-lifed it and now it's back to work > crossfit > tv show > wow.

I hope to get to 36/37 at the end of this week.

Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Working 40 hours a week + having a son at the age of 14 months keeps me rather busy, but luckily I took time off work for launch so I am sitting at lv35 and have planned Sunday so that I can stay on the computer the entire day.. Hoping for lv40 + mount mid next week!

badgirls
EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

1-41 the first week. Now that I'm back at work I pretty much login to check my rested xp, check the ah and logout lol.

I don't really mind. Gonna save me a lot of time leveling with rested xp.

Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It's great that we have this website. I am working at an office so I can check in very often.

After work can't login with my main because of the queues and I cannot wait for the free transfer option.

EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Really no-lifed it so far, lvl 41. Off for a week though and hoping i can chill a bit. Grind is mesmerising though.

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I can play twice a week maximum so far. My Paladin is level 12 now.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

9-5 40 hr/week worker here.

I'm level 35 now. I scheduled some days off surrounding labor day weekend so I had 6 days off straight to play initially which got me to level 32.

It helps to have a very understanding wife. Mostly I'm just a late night person. I can game a few hours a night, but 3 or 4 nights of the work week I will push it and stay up until 2ish to get me a lot of time. I also can fit a lot in on the weekends still.

But again, having an understanding wife is key if you want to be married, a dad, full time job, and want to play this game.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm level 24 now. That doesn't seem like a lot but I've definitely been putting in time. I did not take any days off work for Classic, and I've been keeping the same sleeping schedule, which means I only have a solid 2-3 hours every night. Most of my consistent playtime happens in the evenings from Sunday to Thursday. Fridays and Saturdays are typically reserved for my wife, family and friends.

I'm having a blast so far and did my first ever Deadmines run last night (this is my first Alliance character).

teebling f3nn
Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Focusing at work is harder. I play during half of my lunch-break. I think of Wow frequently while working. Aside from this minor issues I'm having a blast!

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest