donator Posts: 285
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Classic WoW is about vertical progression. The upgrades you earn are straightforward, powerful, and useful in PvE and PvP. This defines the Classic WoW progression system. Horizontal progress is contrary to this. Battle for Azeroth uses a form of horizontal progression and it feels unrewarding. Classic WoW progression works partly due to its simplicity. Having all of these different gear sets with affixes, resistances, etc.. is not in line with Classic WoW.

Horizontal progression is not the answer. Classic WoW was not designed around it. There are two options. You squish the items and replace the old raids and dungeons with new raids. You replace the T1-T3 raids with new raids that follow the same itemization rules as Classic. The old gear is squished. There is essentially a new T1 raid like Molten Core only with new items. Then there is a new Tier 2 raid that would be similar to BWL. The release cycles would be the same. The endgame dungeons and raids would essentially be replaced. It would stop at Tier 3.

The other option is to just relaunch the entire game with new quests, dungeons, and raids so that the playerbase can relive the full game. This is a lot more work.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Two new threads about the same thing within 5 mins. Are you having a mental break? At this point you are just a broken record... We've heard your ideas. They are bad. So develop your ideas or find new ones.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Two new threads about the same thing within 5 mins. Are you having a mental break? At this point you are just a broken record... We've heard your ideas. They are bad. So develop your ideas or find new ones.
There was an incident on a different Classic WoW forums so I came here.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

RedridgeGnoll wrote:
4 years ago
There was an incident on a different Classic WoW forums so I came here.
Did they finally ban you for decreasing the overall quality of the forum?

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 75
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Wat?

You want to get rid of T1-T3, and replace them with new T1-T3? I don't understand you at all. Are you just mad that a tier set doesn't apply to your spec?

Or are you speaking to post Naxx Phase and the future of Classic? Idk why ppl so obsessed with worrying about something that won't happen for more than a year. Classic just came out and people are already wanting something else. Good grief.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
Wat?

You want to get rid of T1-T3, and replace them with new T1-T3? I don't understand you at all. Are you just mad that a tier set doesn't apply to your spec?

Or are you speaking to post Naxx Phase and the future of Classic? Idk why ppl so obsessed with worrying about something that won't happen for more than a year. Classic just came out and people are already wanting something else. Good grief.
This is coming from a guy who wants boat battles in Classic and to create new world PvP incentives like airdrops. His mind isnt... Sound. Also, I have spoken with him on discord and I can confirm he is not a troll. This is a real human with real ideas and he genuinely believes them despite how irrational or insane they may appear to be.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
Wat?

Yes. Once Naxxramas is on farm, there would be a PvE reset at level 60. The level 60 items would be squished and replaced by new dungeon and tier 1 raid items. Then there would be a new Tier 2 essentially. Classic+ would be the equivalent of being a fresh 60 in Classic WoW. You would progress through level 60 dungeons and Tier1, only the content would be new in Classic+.

Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Ok first I'll play along, and ask why bother squishing and removing anything? Why can't a hypothetical Classic+ just add it's own tier 4?

Now for reality. Blizzard will never create a Classic+. Biggest reason: they already did and called it The Burning Crusade. WoW Classic took time to "make" only in the coding of clients. The team didn't have to be creative and design the raids, dungeons, quests, zones, stories, models, etc... and the same team won't be asked to do that for a Classic+. Those creative minds are busy with 9.0 and then the 8.0 team will begin work on 10.0. The Classic team can very easily be asked to re-code TBC in the exact same way though. But even that won't happen for AT LEAST 2 years. Activision wouldn't dare impose on WoW 9.0 next year.

Sorry, but that's just reality. Best to let Classic+ stay as fantasy in your mind.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Because adding more tiers creates power creep. This is an issue in Classic when T3 gear is introduced. Now image the gap between a fresh 60 and a player in T5. It is imbalanced and problematic.

What creative minds working on 9.0?

Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

RedridgeGnoll wrote:
4 years ago
What creative minds working on 9.0?
Good point... lol.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stat squishes killed modern WoW and made people flee to Classic. Therefore, we should add them to Classic.

F**king brilliant, mate.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
Stat squishes killed modern WoW and made people flee to Classic. Therefore, we should add them to Classic.

F**king brilliant, mate.
Ok let's have players walk around in Tier 10 armor with 50,000hp hitting a fresh level 60 for 20,0000 damage.

F**king brilliant, mate

Arathi Highlands
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 41
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Why is this imbecile not banned for spamming yet?

4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
And I'm getting really sick of all the god damn running everywhere. Give me my level 1 chaufeured mechano-hog and old-world flying, please.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

RedridgeGnoll wrote:
4 years ago
Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago

F**king brilliant, mate.
Ok let's have players walk around in Tier 10 armor with 50,000hp hitting a fresh level 60 for 20,0000 damage.

F**king brilliant, mate
I never suggested adding another 7 raid tiers to classic, mate.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 117
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago

F**king brilliant, mate.
stat squishes are the least of the reasons people have fled modern wow.