Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So... it's happening: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... oon/284225
EDIT: Server list has been made available @ https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... lms/284713

Blizzard Entertainment
We are working to open our Free Character Move service for select WoW Classic realms in the coming days.

When free character moves become available from one of the most highly-populated realms, players will see the option to initialize a free character move on either the character select screen or the queue screen of the realm.

To best prepare, please note that a character cannot move if the character:

• is a guild leader.
  • has active auction listings or bids.
  • has mail.

We will post full details about the realms available and character restrictions when we open the service.

Thank you!

Pippina teebling atkars Kaladin Selexin
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Kind of saw this coming. Hope enough people bail on the full servers to bring the queues down...

I'm not moving though. I'm going to assume this is going to mostly apply to people who haven't set down roots on their server. I will continue to bypass queues with TeamViewer by logging in hours in advance.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Kind of saw this coming. Hope enough people bail on the full servers to bring the queues down...

I'm not moving though. I'm going to assume this is going to mostly apply to people who haven't set down roots on their server. I will continue to bypass queues with TeamViewer by logging in hours in advance.
Yeah Sulfuras queues are usually around half hour which are manageable at this point and I expect they'll go down in the coming weeks and months. I'm more curious about which realms are transferring to which. I thought all NA East PvP realms were High or Full already.

Hillsbrad Foothills
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 11
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just hope they open new realms for people to transfer to.I don't want Bloodfang (usually low , prime time medium pop) all of a sudden have a 4 hour queue cos everyone sees that its low pop so they flock to it like they did to the full ones( gotta play on the most layers ;) .

Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Discharger wrote:
4 years ago
I just hope they open new realms for people to transfer to.I don't want Bloodfang (usually low , prime time medium pop) all of a sudden have a 4 hour queue cos everyone sees that its low pop so they flock to it like they did to the full ones( gotta play on the most layers ;) .
Blizzard's philosophy is to fill up low/medium pop realms before opening new ones. Read a post by one of the game directors explaining that a few days ago.

Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Great news, but many people like me will hope that others switch so I can get in the realm I play on. (I bet Firemaw will be one of these realms which get free realm change option)

On the second thoughts - we (my friends) are not that many on Firemaw anyway because of the queues. Might as well just switch to Dreadmist or something.

Ashenvale
donator Posts: 3
Night Elf
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That's terrific news. Don't have to spend much time selecting a realm now.

Hillsbrad Foothills
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 11
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That's why I said that I hope. Cos it most likely won't happen.At this point I'm hoping that most ppl quit cos it's gonna remain world of layercrafy forever.

Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 49
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Seems kind of weird, but I guess they want to get the server populations balanced out as early on as possible, before people really get into their server's community.

My thought was that they wouldn't offer transfers until they got rid of Layering at or before Phase 2. IE, they would suddenly drop the server caps to a population that would fit comfortably on a single layer, and if you still want to play on your full-pop server, you get queues again, incentivizing people to move off their high pop servers.

But again, better to try to shake this out a bit now before people really put down roots in their server.

Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hopeful Deviate delight will get some new players :)

Falcon Alnir
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Server list announced: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... lms/284713

Blizzard Entertainment
As we previously announced, free character moves will become available in this region very soon. When these free character moves open, player-characters at any level will be able to move:

FROM TO
Arugal Felstriker
Faerlina Heartseeker (new realm)
Stalagg Heartseeker (new realm)
Herod Earthfury (new realm)
Skeram Earthfury (new realm)
Incendius Netherwind
Thalnos Netherwind
Fairbanks Arcanite Reaper (new realm)
Whitemane Arcanite Reaper (new realm)
Bigglesworth Anathema
Pagle Windseeker
Grobbulus Deviate Delight

For approximately one day, the new realms will be restricted to only those players using a free character move. After one day, any player may create new characters there. This is to allow players using the free character move service a better chance at retaining the name of the character they’re moving.

We will let you know when the new realms open and free character moves are enabled.

Thank you!

Druid Balance
donator Posts: 111
Troll
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just hope Ten Storms won't be on the receiving end. I know it says Medium most of the time, but it feels crowded more often than not.

Currently playing Kegtek, troll hunter on Ten Storms EU
I used to play Warn, human mage on The Maelstrom EU <Ashbringer | Rachell's Angels | Entrophy | Relentless>
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

called it!

Image    Image    Image
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

[

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Incendius Netherwind
Thalnos Netherwind
So does this mean that Netherwind will have a large Spanish speaking community once the transfers take place? Because I don't think I'm going to transfer off Incendius if this is the case...

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Props to Blizzard for coming with a fix, but I think they should allow transfers to *any* low pop server rather than limiting transfers to a specific one.

Why? I think many communities were split due to the few available servers at launch. People kept on hopping to different servers, and because of the high queue times, people who knew each other ended up in different places. The only way to properly fix that is to allow all of the high pop servers to transfer to the same server, as long as it is still low pop. That would solve the problem entirely.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
So does this mean that Netherwind will have a large Spanish speaking community once the transfers take place? Because I don't think I'm going to transfer off Incendius if this is the case...
I doubt it. The Spanish speaking community in Thalnos wasn't large to begin with.

Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 75
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hooray! More from Grob can come on over to DD! We still have plenty of room! :D

Arithil - Warrior Tank
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 32
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
I doubt it. The Spanish speaking community in Thalnos wasn't large to begin with.
It's the server with the largest number of spanish speaking and brazilian users, it's clearly not comparable to the volume of users who speak English, but among all servers it is the one with the highest percentage of sp/br users. I hope this percentage stays, at least I will stay in Thalnos.

Español, por favor.
Western Plaguelands
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 12
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I would not see a reason to transfer; except for the fact if you want to just be able to login when you come home from work. It'll mostly be for the casual players if anything.

Shaman Elemental
donator Posts: 69
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Very interesting! I remember prelaunch all the #nochange'rs wanted there to never be server transfers. Now it seems like a lot of them are begging for it, haha. If only they had just rerolled on a non 5figure wait queue and we could've stayed #nochanges.
/s

Hey there, ClassicRaids here! Join our weekly Free WoW Game Time Giveaway!

ClassicRaids is a website centered around endgame content for World of Warcraft Classic. We help our users with a WoW Classic Guild Recruitment List, Character Search & Lookup, and Gold Making Profession Guides. Check us out and let us know if there's anything we can do to better support the Classic WoW community!
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ClassicRaids wrote:
4 years ago
Very interesting! I remember prelaunch all the #nochange'rs wanted there to never be server transfers. Now it seems like a lot of them are begging for it, haha. If only they had just rerolled on a non 5figure wait queue and we could've stayed #nochanges.
/s
I think the primary argument against server transfers is to prevent people from being an asshole, getting a bad reputation, then moving on to the next server without facing any repercussion as often as they'd like.

It appears like Blizzard is actively trying to avoid this. They are only allowing one-way transfers from specific servers to other specific servers. And it's happening early enough where people would have had to gone reallly out of their way to earn a bad rep already. So this one-time transfer seems to address this concern. It is not clear to me if this transfer has a time limit, or if the option will be available forever. But this does seem like an acceptable way to get people with progress invested in a character off a server with queues - especially for people who have not invested in a guild or have many in-game friends playing with them on their server yet. I can see this siphoning off a good chunk of players in the least-invasive way possible.

Anything that gets us closer to a flat server without layers, the better.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

cable wrote:
4 years ago
I would not see a reason to transfer; except for the fact if you want to just be able to login when you come home from work. It'll mostly be for the casual players if anything.
That's an incredibly important reason, and I think you did just see it. :lol:

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm just curious how many people will actually move, it is pretty hard decision to make when you are on healthy populated server and risk going on a new one. I personally will probably stay but we will have to see.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
called it!
Relax. We all called it. This is why many of us said layering was stupid. Server transfers and realm merges are inevitable.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Where are the EU server options?