EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As a few others are doing, I'd like to share my journey to level 60 with you folks. I'll be posting not so regular updates both here and on my blog.

Zep's Journey: 1 - 22
I’d hoped to make a post before now but I’ve been super busy, this is the first chance I’ve had between work and cramming as much time into Classic as possible (without catching gf aggro).

Week one has been a blast! Granted, the queue drama on the first few days was no fun but making the decision to switch from Shazzrah to Dreadmist really paid off, the community is great and I even joined a guild that has been reformed from my old Vanilla server (Evil Eye, formerly of Bloodscalp).

As per my previous post, Deathknell was insanely overpopulated in the first few hours after the server went up so I decided to leave it a day and see if it was any better the following evening.

I don’t even think this many people were buried down here.
Once I’d installed Questie and set up a playlist I was on my way. Deathknell took much longer than expected and I ended up grinding out most of level 1 – 6 because trying to tag quest mobs was near impossible with the sheer number of people around. To all you #nochanges folk, imagine how much of a shitshow this would’ve been without layering!

After crawling my way to level 6 I set out to Brill which was a lot more bearable, people were a little more spread out and it was actually useful to be able to form groups for the harder quests (I’m looking at you; https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=408/the-family-crypt).

But it wasn’t long before I had the misfortune to wander too close to the Scarlet Monastery and I’m proud to say that my first death in the game was at least somewhat memorable!

Not even mad.
The good thing about Brill is there are a couple of quests that send you to Undercity early on, which was a perfect opportunity to learn some professions. I opted for Skinning and Tailoring for now, the plan is to eventually drop Skinning for Enchanting after I’ve farmed my epic mount.

At level 12 I had to make the call between Silverpine Forest or the Barrens. One would be the easier and less crowded route but the other would have more Chuck Norris jokes. The choice was obvious:

Macros at the ready!
I fucking love the Barrens, man. There’s just something about that zone that captures old school World of Warcraft more than anywhere else. It’s probably because of the sheer number of failed characters that I made back in Vanilla that never quite made it past level 20 but it just feels like home.

That’s not to say it’s perfect, there’s more than a few quests that had me running back to the exact same area to kill a slightly different variation of the same mob I’d just killed for a cloth reward with plus to strength but it’s cool, that’s part of the experience I suppose.

To speed things up a little I decided to run a few dungeons with some guildies. Ragefire Chasm wasn’t much of a challenge but there were a few pulls in Wailing Caverns that nearly had us. It’s such a nice change of pace from Retail where you can pull half a dungeon in one go, we actually had to mark packs of mobs and use our CC effectively. We also forgot that https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=5775/ve ... everliving hits like a truck, our tank died and it was left to just me and the healer to kite him and finish him off but we somehow managed it!

Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt and Frostbolt.
So after 23 hours played I’m sitting at level 22, I’m sure this is abysmally slow compared to some others but I’ve enjoyed every second!

I’ll wrap this up with a beautiful sunset I managed to capture on my way to Thunderbluff for the first time:

teebling Pippina Gallow Tinyhoof Erik
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Oh my god that sunset pic is just GORGEOUS. You should up it to the gallery man.

Glad you picked Barrens too :razz:

Thanks for the read man, will be updating my journal too as I just finished RFC. Now I have to trek to both TB and UC to hand in the quests!

Relik
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Oh my god that sunset pic is just GORGEOUS. You should up it to the gallery man.

Glad you picked Barrens too :razz:

Thanks for the read man, will be updating my journal too as I just finished RFC. Now I have to trek to both TB and UC to hand in the quests!
I forgot just how much walking there was, it's great though you get chance to take screenshots like that!

I've uploaded it to the gallery. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to more updates from you, Gallow and any other members that want to get involved in this!

Gallow
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nice, another adventures thread! I welcome all the leveling stories :D
Also @teebling as mentioned here, can we add an "Adventures" filter, since many of the "my leveling adventures" posts use the following one?

teebling Relik
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde