Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Gallow , you shouldn’t or responsible for the majority of your consumes during progression as a tank, the guild should be helping with that cost. If you are short on gold just run strat live with some guildies to farm righteous orbs. “Hey guys, the gbank isn’t established yet, so I’m going to take all the orbs to stack consumes for the tanks.” Most guildies will be understanding and while they may not have any gold of their own to contribute, most teammates are pretty generous with their time. Make sure to mention that at the end of raids too. “Hey guys, we’re still trying to build up some consumes, you all made 2-4g during the raid tonight and if we could get that 2-4g donated by all 40 Raid members, we could pickup a few black lotus for BWL.” In my experience people are generous if you are very transparent and have outlined exactly what you plan to do with their gold/effort.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hit 56 last night and grabbed my MC attunement!!! The healer and I misread the quest text and thought we had to cross the MC portal into MC to grab the core fragments. It was great seeing the inside of MC, but when we zoned out of MC it dumped us back into blackrock mountain instead of back into BRD where we came from :lol: it was late at night, and half our group was stuck deep inside of BRD, and there were respawns between us and them so we called it a night. I just stealthed my way back to the core fragments and got my quest done before logging out.

It was my first time back in BRD, and I knew it was going to be pretty rough. I grabbed some friends I've collected along the way because I knew it was fresh for them too. I figured a group of people new to the instance would be more patient with all the wipes, lol. We probably wiped 6 times but we all had a blast remembering where to go and remembering how to pull off some of those encounters along the way.

Tonight me and some buddies are going to get started on our Onyxia attunement! Getting pretty damn excited now. This is about as far as I ever made it back in the original game and progression content is right around the corner. Can't wait to get there and start contributing.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
4 years ago
I can't grind for shit, and my attempts at selling pug tank has not been great because pugs are cancer of WoW. I'm right now only running dungeons with guildies, and my only upgrades left are from UBRS.
What about a fury prot build? If you are pretty geared, you can probably get away with a more offensive build so that you have more options outside of dungeons.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Priest Discipline
EU Auberdine
donator Posts: 3
Human
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I hit 40 a couple days ago and got everything I needed in the Scarlet Monastery. I’m now saving money for the mount (currently at 50 gold) ! :D

Selexin Ism ShamelessEU Stfuppercut teebling
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling Stfuppercut Jpy ShamelessEU Selexin Hinien Relik
Eastern Plaguelands
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 369
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

53 and ramping up my waking up early to play while everyone is sleeping schedule..

Erik
Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Almost 57, want to hit 60 before phase 2 so planning on hitting it before the end of this week

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not much more progress from the last time I posted.
Im only 43, with RL stuff, leveling is slow for me.
Did Uldaman, omg I hate that place, I abandoned all my quests which tells me to go back in...I can't lol
Gonna just head to ZF, which i enjoy very much!

Either way, wanted to say, I think I am about to respec!
Very excited, at the moment, I am SM and a few points into demo.
Want to switch to full demo to get Soul Link, a big reason I wanted to be a Warlock!
But the guide says to wait til 48 so you can get 5/5 insta corruption and 3/5 shadow resist talent, but I dont think I can wait that much longer lol

I might wait til 45, i am very close to 44 like a few bars to level, or maybe til 46 but I might say F-it, im respecing now lol
Wont have insta corruption but SOUL LINK people!
Also very ancy to try a new spec which is very dangerous lol dont want to turn into a respec-aholic.
I was when i was playing my mage! Red Bolt!! No Blue Bolt!!! No Red Bolt!!! No Blue Bolt!!! OH NO 50G!!!!

Pippina
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Not much more progress from the last time I posted.
Im only 43, with RL stuff, leveling is slow for me.
Did Uldaman, omg I hate that place, I abandoned all my quests which tells me to go back in...I can't lol
Gonna just head to ZF, which i enjoy very much!

Either way, wanted to say, I think I am about to respec!
Very excited, at the moment, I am SM and a few points into demo.
Want to switch to full demo to get Soul Link, a big reason I wanted to be a Warlock!
But the guide says to wait til 48 so you can get 5/5 insta corruption and 3/5 shadow resist talent, but I dont think I can wait that much longer lol

I might wait til 45, i am very close to 44 like a few bars to level, or maybe til 46 but I might say F-it, im respecing now lol
Wont have insta corruption but SOUL LINK people!
Also very ancy to try a new spec which is very dangerous lol dont want to turn into a respec-aholic.
I was when i was playing my mage! Red Bolt!! No Blue Bolt!!! No Red Bolt!!! No Blue Bolt!!! OH NO 50G!!!!
I've also respecced on my Druid like 3 times. It's hella expensive wen done before mount lol.

I started out as feral, went balance at 20 because I thought why not try it. Changed back at lvl 21 lol, it was horrible.
Now I level up to 42 and specced Balance again, going Moonglow spec. It's more tolerable now but a lot
slower then feral. However PvP is eez. Haven't lost a single 1v1 since I respecced to balance.

I specced all the way down to Insect Swarm in resto tree, so I could reach Nature's Grace in the balance tree for
reduced cast time on crits.

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm 54 and away on holidays until phase 2. Going to be a tough time hitting 60 during honor farming season. I think I'll have to grind dungeons for a lot of it unfortunately. I have access to a PC on my holiday, will maybe get to 55 but thats about it. Damn.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
I've also respecced on my Druid like 3 times. It's hella expensive wen done before mount lol.

I started out as feral, went balance at 20 because I thought why not try it. Changed back at lvl 21 lol, it was horrible.
Now I level up to 42 and specced Balance again, going Moonglow spec. It's more tolerable now but a lot
slower then feral. However PvP is eez. Haven't lost a single 1v1 since I respecced to balance.

I specced all the way down to Insect Swarm in resto tree, so I could reach Nature's Grace in the balance tree for
reduced cast time on crits.
Oh god you got bit! lol
Yeah you started respecting too early, if my memory is correct, I recall if you don't respec for a long period of time the amount to respec goes down?
Not sure if thats correct...

Also I tried Druid in vanilla and got him to 20 because i wanted travel form because it looked cool!
But once I got it, I realized I just didnt like playing a Druid lol maybe I was young and dumb.
I think I want to try Druid again, hey in vanilla I said I would never be a warlock because they have too many abilities and a pet to control.
And now I love warlock and leveled him to 44 now!

I think my first alt is going to be a Druid!
And since I am horde its going to be Tauren :surprised:

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
I'm 54 and away on holidays until phase 2. Going to be a tough time hitting 60 during honor farming season. I think I'll have to grind dungeons for a lot of it unfortunately. I have access to a PC on my holiday, will maybe get to 55 but thats about it. Damn.
Not a bad way to do it, considering you will be in these dungeons at 60 anyways, farming gold, gear and your attunements!
Also you can fly into a flight point that is not being overwhelmed by world pvp farming and run to where you need to do quests!

Say light hopes is being camped either fly to western and run to eastern avoiding those areas or even undercity and take the long run which is probably better than being a ghost for many hours! But then again your a druid! Be sneaky! :mrgreen:

Selexin
Image Image
Image Image
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah you started respecting too early, if my memory is correct, I recall if you don't respec for a long period of time the amount to respec goes down?
Not sure if thats correct...
Yeah it goes down by 5g per week down to a minimum of 10g.

Ten Storms EU Alliance
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
It'll feel like being alliance on a PVP server :lol:

You'll be fine grinding away in instances to 60. I spent pretty much all of my 50's inside ZF, mara, ST, and BRD. The last level was ground away outdoors from 1-5AM while the horde was sleeping so I could do my waterlords rep quests and some other stuff. But at worst you're just looking at a few corpse hops on the way into the dungeon, and once you're there you're free from the gank squads. Actually, you'll be able to just get stealth in, it's the rest of your group that'll have to corpse hop :mrgreen:

Selexin
Blasted Lands
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 201
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
It'll feel like being alliance on a PVP server :lol:

You'll be fine grinding away in instances to 60. I spent pretty much all of my 50's inside ZF, mara, ST, and BRD. The last level was ground away outdoors from 1-5AM while the horde was sleeping so I could do my waterlords rep quests and some other stuff. But at worst you're just looking at a few corpse hops on the way into the dungeon, and once you're there you're free from the gank squads. Actually, you'll be able to just get stealth in, it's the rest of your group that'll have to corpse hop :mrgreen:
Already now I feel like my alliance warlock is often times being corpse camped, which makes questing for me slower as I often have to change zones... Currently lv57 and still have most of WPL and all of EPL and Winterspring left, yet considering strongly just doing dungeons if I do not make the last levels before phase 2 :lol:

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Mage Frost
EU Mirage Raceway
donator Posts: 22
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I dinged 44 last night so now i can finally go do ZF. Besides Scholomance my favorite classic dungeon. I'll probably do quite a lot of runs and also would like to try out a 3 or 4 mage plus healer run :)

EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hit 55 the other night, at this point I'm just logging out for a few days at a time to get a full bar of rested XP to make the most out of the time that I can play.

Probably should do MC attunement and work on pre-BiS at this point.

Selexin
Undercity
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 5
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I am level 60 mage with all slots - pre-bis gear; all professions - main and secondary on lv 300; all attunements completed and on my way to get the epic mount. Raiding Ony and MC for the past two weeks - still without luck for items :)

Be yourself, no matter what they say!
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Wavee wrote:
4 years ago
I am level 60 mage with all slots - pre-bis gear; all professions - main and secondary on lv 300; all attunements completed and on my way to get the epic mount. Raiding Ony and MC for the past two weeks - still without luck for items :)
That is normally how it works for a few weeks even months you get bad luck or dont get anything, but then one run or a few runs in a row you hit the jackpot and get 4 or 5 pieces and it will all be worth it!!!

Guys, Guys, Ladies!
Omg I created a Tauren Druid and leveled him to level 8 and I loved it!
I want to maybe make it my main now, idk, kinda fell in love with the big guy after a few levels!
I used say nahhh Taurens, dont want to play them...I like them now!

I still think i will stick with my warlock as my main but the druid is def. my alt!
Maybe just the grid to 60 with my warlock is getting to me and playing a different class along the way will keep me entertained!
I was only going to have one because i dont hink i would have time for going crazy with multiple alts...I was contemplating between mage or priest but i am 100% sold on Druid now!

And i havent even gotten any cool spells yet and shapeshifting abilities either and im all excited!!!

Do you Druid players feel the same way?!?
Or with the class you are playing now!?

Image Image
Image Image
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
I was considering running shaman to 60 first, but as soon as I made my druid alt I was hooked all over again. Was my main in vanilla and my main in classic now. They aren't perfect, but I love them.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Druids are just an absolute blast to level (Leveling with Hotw/NS build atm), and very efficient. Once you have catform you basically no longer need mana breaks. Just kill a couple of mobs, then out and heal and back into Cat form. Mana will regen while you kill the next mobs and repeat.

If you want to level as Balance/resto hybrid, I suggest doing this earliest at like level 44 (You have progressed down until Nature's Grace + Moonglow in Balance tree and got Insect Swarm from resto tree) You can also go a more Boomkin route and take Imp Starfire for stun and faster cast rate. But the Moonglow spec is nice if you also want to heal a little more efficient. If you level the Balance or Balance/Resto hybrid make sure to bring mana drinks/pots, it's very mana heavy. Even if you pull with Starfire, moonfire and insect swarm combo and then go into Cat Form it will drain your mana (Even if you spec into Natural Shapeshifter) I've tried all builds above and Hotw is superior in almost every way, except for World PvP where I find Balance/Resto hybrid to be more fun and a little bit easier kills.

However, they are one of the least played class for a reason. They are not really viable in progress guilds unless you are healing or have a really good guild who knows every tactic and consumables down to the bone allowing some other specs. Boomking can maybe be used for the crit aura but I think taking a mage or lock in that spot instead would increase the damage more than the crit would benefit the others in your group.

Ten Storms EU Alliance
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've made it to the promised land lads. My first MC and Onyxia runs tonight. Landed a spot as an offtank in the guild's 4th raid team.

A Thunderfury binding dropped tonight, on the team's first time in MC. I paid for it with my own blood. We lost the main tank on Baron, I picked it up, lasted for the rest of the fight, and we died together. It was beautiful.

I can't wait to get back in.

Selexin
Mage Frost
EU Mirage Raceway
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago

I've made it to the promised land lads. My first MC and Onyxia runs tonight. Landed a spot as an offtank in the guild's 4th raid team.

A Thunderfury binding dropped tonight, on the team's first time in MC. I paid for it with my own blood. We lost the main tank on Baron, I picked it up, lasted for the rest of the fight, and we died together. It was beautiful.

I can't wait to get back in.
Cool, nice to read :)
Did you play in Vanilla too, or not?

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Delfy wrote:
4 years ago
Cool, nice to read :)
Did you play in Vanilla too, or not?
Yeah, a gnome warrior named Pippina, my namesake here. I was planning on bringing back the gnome warrior for classic, but at the last moment decided that I wanted to try bear tanking and went druid instead. I played Vanilla back in the day but never got to raid. Never raided in any of the expansions, either. This was awesome.

Delfy Selexin
Mage Frost
EU Mirage Raceway
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Haha, i can imagine that. I love vanilla raids too.
I played a warlock in vanilla and i will never forget getting my T2 shoulders in BWL, completing my T2 set <3
BWL, AQ40, love those raids.