Loch modan
donator Posts: 26
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi guys,

hope you having a blast in classic.

Curious question; hows goes your progress - such as leveling?

My self are at level 30 on my warlock so far.

but could been near 40 if it was not thunderstorms the past days and long que.

But its been very fun so far and looking forward to get to 60 and experience the end content that i truly did not manage back in days.

Golemagg [EU]
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm having a blast man. The game is so smooth, the graphics are so polished, everything just feels like a blizzard game.

The queues suck. Logged in today at 1PM on a Monday and was greeted by a 4200 queue. Granted today is a holiday, but still. A week after launch and the queues are about 1/4th of what they were on launch day. The queue was 16,000 on launch, and now is ranging from 4000-6000 depending on time of day. I can manage that.

I'd probably be somewhere around level 25-30 by now without the queues. Lots of lost time spent staring at a screen. But I'm level 21 now, so I'm not getting too lost behind the crowd. I'm in Redridge now and the place is packed. That's all I ask right now - the rest of my guild is already 45-50 and I'm not going to make it to Molten Core on time. I still plan to join them as soon as I can, but until then, all I can ask from the game is to remain busy. I like questing in zones full of people.

I remained in night elf territory until nearly level 20 and while there were players it was never packed. I thought I was getting stuck on dead layers. I might have been, but Darkshore isn't the most popular area to quest in the first place. When I made it to Redridge I found myself surrounded by players and it feels good being in busier zones.

So far the game has 100% lived up to my expectations and has been everything I wanted it to be. I didn't farm private servers for the past 5 years so the difficulty of mobs and dungeons not being turned up a bit isn't bothering me. It is a valid complaint for others, but it's not bothering me right now. The game is still nice and fresh for me.

Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Until this weekend, I havent had any queues. So Thats nice. Friday, Sat, Sun and Today, queues (Why I am on here right now and not on wow...)

So far, I'm level 36, 225 skin, (cant afford the training to get it higher), 150 fish, 150 cook, 100 echant. Completely broke.queues really take a chunk out of your play time, I think i would be close to 40 if it wasnt for queues.

Crogek
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

No queues on Hydraxian Waterbros, I’ve been posting my progress in my journal in this topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2388

Currently level 13, broke, and loving every moment.

Prezes fendor Pixstar Crogek RedridgeGnoll
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm being indecisive and stuck between two characters, level 19 alliance druid, level 18 horde shaman. It would be easier if I could just make a dwarf shaman but I'm told that wishing for such a thing is heresy :)

I am still floating the idea of going rogue, as I don't mind playing one and its the least played class on the server.

Crogek
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hit 50 on my warrior. Almost have max proffs, all primaries and secondaries. The queues made cleaving almost impossible so I often had to sit around for 4-5 hours at a time waiting for one of our guys to log on. So I spent time leveling proffs because I had nothing to do but wait. While cleaving was as absurd as we thought it was (actually even better when we realized you could level in a raid as a 6-8 man team) it was reliant on everyone being on at the same time, so it had its drawbacks with the shaky launch and long queue times. During our grind I ended at 50, with my mount and about 150g to spare. I still need to sell about 15 blue BoE items and split the gold for my group, I still have about 1200 silk to get rid of wholesale, I have a wardens staff to sell (first on the server) and a BUNCH of other stuff to slowly get rid of.

Overall this was a super unique experience. This has been completely unique from my vanilla wow and private server experiences and in a lot of ways has been A LOT more fun. The biggest difference I have noticed between Classic and Private is the level of investment I have in my character due to the permanence of Classic.

My goal was 60 within 2 weeks, which is obtainable. Going forward I'm going to prioritize dungeons and collecting pre BiS this week while knocking out my raid attunes later on this week. Hoping to create or get in a pug MC by end of week 2-3 and get some bosses down but we'll see.

Lendryn
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
I am still floating the idea of going rogue, as I don't mind playing one and its the least played class on the server.
Amazing class quests, poisons, lockpicking, pick pocketing, stealth ganking... there was a lot to tempt me as well!

Shaman Enhancement
US Myzrael
donator Posts: 16
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm levele 28... having fun running dungeons with my friends... leveling up my alchemy as much as i can... fishing... ive been running razorfen kraul for the axe corpsemaker... i am happy with my progress

Crogek
hi im biggle
NA Old Blanchy HORDE !!! Tauren Shaman!!!!
GM of Best Bro Winners! (the best guild on the server)
Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 85
Troll
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I am sitting at level 34 currently, with some pretty high professions and even 140+ lockpicking. Just taking my time and trying to help guildies when they need it.

I'm having a fantastic time. Got into a guild that I really enjoy and everyone is working really well together. Helping each other out with mats for professions, gear upgrades, dungeon runs. It's just been a really great experience so far.

Not to mention that I have had a ton of fun with random world PvP, ganking, etc.

Crogek
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Level 31 with engi and mining keeping up with the level :)

US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 32
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm level 13, with all RFC taken and ready to be done. I'm waiting for a couple of friends to log in, meanwhile i'm leveling a solo farmer hunter. Queues still suck, but i'm playing RDD2 on PS4 while I wait the log in.

Crogek Moocifer
Español, por favor.
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
I have a wardens staff
Dang bro.... jelly. Want it on my lvl 18 Druid :lol:

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Dang bro.... jelly. Want it on my lvl 18 Druid :lol:
I'll trade you for https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14551/ ... handguards !!!! =)

Crogek
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
I'll trade you for Edgemaster's Handguards !!!! =)
You'll be surprised to hear I haven't seen it drop in the Barrens yet hahaha. Good luck with your 50-60 push, almost there!

Stfuppercut Crogek
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Mage Frost
US Kromcrush
donator Posts: 15
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just hit level 14 today on my gnome mage, I have been working on engineering and mining.

Never really been into wow before classic , but now I'm hooked.

Pippina Crogek
Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm 46 now. My dungeon grinding team officially disbanded — real life caught up with us and we couldn't keep a consistent schedule together, so it's back to warrior solo questing. Man do I miss windfury totem... :cry:

After kicking into low gear I decided to go all the way down to fish and cook for a while. I ended up sending a bunch of lowbie guild members stat food, dragonbreath chili, potions, scrolls. Then I spent some time counter-ganking in Hillsbrad and even helped a friend farm out his whirlwind axe.

People have been genuinely grateful for all these small favors and it makes it all worth it

Stfuppercut Selexin Crogek
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Amazing class quests, poisons, lockpicking, pick pocketing, stealth ganking... there was a lot to tempt me as well!
Yeah. Plus just being in-demand at 60 might be kinda cool. The one time ever where people starting raids have a shortage of rogues.

Crogek
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've had to switch server twice, although I only made it to 21 and 15 on those 2.

Now I'm 29 and have 160+ LW, 215 Skinning, 180 Cooking and 150 fishing. I'm just slowrolling it, enjoying the game!

Crogek
Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Was just about to login and hand in quests to ding 20 but Sulfuras has a 4K+ queue. :-(

Crogek
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Queue times, server issues
My play time has been 2-3 hours every day so far, in line with my expectations. The queue is not that terrible on Arugal all things considered, and since the content is not going anywhere I rather wait an hour or so before logging in for a month (at best) in exchange for a healthy server in few months. But I also understand that not everyone feels this way, especially people who play together with their RL friends/spouses. I wish Blizzard had announced 2 PvP servers for Oceanic from the get go. It didn't give any guilds enough time to decide, which has left a sour taste in many people's mouths (for good reason).

Life of a warrior!
I'm currently level 24 on Gallow. Just got execute and it feels great! Sometimes using execute is not worth it, especially if the mob is bleeding from 2 DoTs, so I still got to get used to when to use it and when to avoid it.

I did RFC/WC/SFK 2 times each, got some pretty nice blue gear. Keeping aggro was quite a challenge at first, but tanking is getting easier as I get better gear. So far almost all of my runs were guild runs, and everything went pretty smoothly. I did join one SFK pug as they were looking for a tank for over an hour. Turns out they had a level appropriate warrior in the group but he was going to be DPS'ing no matter what. Turns out I was right in thinking that Warriors being #1 played class is in NO WAY an indicator of having too many tanks. Turns out that people still want tanks. That's great :mrgreen:

Also I was able to keep my promises (to myself) about keeping cooking/fishing relevant. Proudly sitting at 150/150 for a while now. I just don't have the gold for the expert books, but some day I will! Also got around 200ish skinning and 100 mining. Somehow I can never find enough mining nodes. Gotta do some mine runs for sure.

Guild things! Blog! More stories!
Aside from the initial fallout of few members due to high queues in Arugal (which as mentioned I completely understand), <Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> has been steadily growing! We have about 50 members in-game now, most of which are in similar levels so lots of dungeon runs / quest runs are happening. The initial members were all recruited from different forums (Barrens.chat, reddit, other discord channels etc), and they knew what kind of a guild we were.

But we are also getting tons of what I like to call "organic members"; people I (and other guildies) play with seem to like our attitude and are asking around what kind of a guild we are, and asking for invites! In the random SFK group some people didn't know I was the GM of <GRFR>, so they were asking me like "Hey what kind of a guild is that? I saw posts around the internet" and someone else mentioned "Oh they are the White Knights of WoW" :lol: I mentioned that I was the GM of the guild and he went "oh lol sorry awkward" :mrgreen: I want the record to show that I don't consider us as "White Knights", but at least some folks are hearing our names already - which is something as a small guild like ours thrives on!

Below is one of those "organic members" I've encountered in the wild! He felt like a true <GRFR> at heart.

Also I'm working on multiple guild stories for our guild blog already, which is great! Can't wait to do all kinds of things with these awesome people.

teebling Selexin Crogek
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde