Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 18
Night Elf
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hi! I have created a class decision tool that considers multiple variables since choosing a class is mostly not based on a single criterion. You set your priority list (tanking, leveling, goldmaking, etc.), optionally use some filters, and it recommends you a class (along with a spec). I browsed many class tier lists, class resources, etc. since I do not have first-hand experience with most of the classes, but it might be still rough in some places and I also see that people are not always in agreement with those class tiers, so I added a feature that accepts visitors' own rankings which can be aggregated and used to refine the existing logic.

I mostly mixed and matched old web assets along with some game assets for the web design. I know that the old website's design is technically and aesthetically outdated (which somewhat affected this website's design although it is responsive). Still, I think it gives a Vanilla vibe, which is what I wanted. I used teebling's wallpapers (and cited the relevant posts in "About" section).

Here it is: WhichWoWClass.com

I enjoyed making it, I hope you find it potentially helpful.

Tinyhoof Valdred
Mage Frost
US Kromcrush
donator Posts: 15
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That is a nice tool! I will use it when I am ready to level an alt!

Ezekeel
Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 83
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Oh wow, blast from the past with that retro theme. Nice work! My only criticism would be I wish that I could just click and drag the options instead of needing to hit up or down multiple times.

Ezekeel Shyneur
Silverpine Forest
Night Elf
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you liked it. :smile:

Henhouse wrote:
4 years ago
Oh wow, blast from the past with that retro theme. Nice work! My only criticism would be I wish that I could just click and drag the options instead of needing to hit up or down multiple times.
:oops: You are right. Dragging unfortunately does not work on mobile, but it is supported on desktop (this information was only visible on bigger screens but I now enabled it for mobile as well since people might prefer to open it on desktop). I would normally use Touch Punch plugin for touch-related stuff but this time it did not work for dragging, but I will look into it again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Ezekeel nice! I especially like the old wow look. I would add options for classes you don't want considered in the equation.

Ezekeel
Image    Image    Image
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That is a beautiful looking website. I miss old-school webpage layout and design.

Ezekeel
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I already picked a class but I went through the options just to see what it would recommend. Recommended hunter first, which is what I'm playing now, and mage as a close second, which is what I played on retail. So good work.

Ezekeel
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That is a sick tool, seems very accurate to the classes I'm currently playing.

Ezekeel
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Silverpine Forest
Night Elf
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Thank you again. :smile:

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
@Ezekeel nice! I especially like the old wow look. I would add options for classes you don't want considered in the equation.
This was one of the ideas I was thinking on, but I decided not to implement it especially since you can click on other classes that are listed and view that result as if it is the most suitable class, but thank you for your feedback.
Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
That is a beautiful looking website. I miss old-school webpage layout and design.
Me too, I wish Blizzard created a nostalgic web page for Classic. When I looked at the archives, I also saw that it is not just about the web design, the content is much more community centered too, which gives a sense of being embraced and heard.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Ezekeel amazing job with the scraped assets and reassembly, this is a really wonderful site with a lot of taste and some very cool functionality. Respect!

Edit: added it to the useful guides & resources sticky.

Ezekeel
Silverpine Forest
Night Elf
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
@Ezekeel amazing job with the scraped assets and reassembly, this is a really wonderful site with a lot of taste and some very cool functionality. Respect!

:surprised: Thank you very much! I am especially pleased you liked it since I was inspired by Barrens Chat to make this tool.

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Ezekeel wrote:
4 years ago
teebling wrote:
4 years ago

:surprised: Thank you very much! I am especially pleased you liked it since I was inspired by Barrens Chat to make this tool.
Very happy to hear that man, really I am :smile:

Stormwind
EU Razorfen
donator Posts: 1
Human
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This is an awesome tool. I sadly didn't use it going into Classic, which was a mistake in my opinion. I rolled a Warlock, am close to level 30 and I'd feel bad re-rolling since it took me a good amount of time to get here. Although I am super unhappy with my lock. Any recommendations?

Ezekeel
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This was pretty cool. My top two classes were the two that I rolled: feral druid and elemental shaman. Great stuff.

Ezekeel
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Felwood
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 80
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Heh it's actually pretty accurate. My top 3 are Hunter (current main), Mage (second choice) and Warlock (my main back in the day).

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

darbotar wrote:
4 years ago
This is an awesome tool. I sadly didn't use it going into Classic, which was a mistake in my opinion. I rolled a Warlock, am close to level 30 and I'd feel bad re-rolling since it took me a good amount of time to get here. Although I am super unhappy with my lock. Any recommendations?
I recommend you use his tool and go with what it gives you lol. It lined them up pretty much exactly in order for me.

Ezekeel
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 years ago
darbotar wrote:
4 years ago
I recommend you use his tool and go with what it gives you lol. It lined them up pretty much exactly in order for me.
Well I'm already level 36 and 19 on what it told me to, so I think I'm good. :)

Ezekeel
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers