Thunder Bluff
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 2
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm having trouble with my macros for Druid. Things were working fine until I got Cat Form, and now a bunch of my macros don't work.

I have the below 2 macros for Bear Form and Cat Form:

/cancelaura [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form or Tree of Life
/cast [nostance] Bear Form
/stopcasting
/cast Bear Form

/cancelaura [stance:1] Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form or Tree of Life
/cast [nostance] Cat Form
/stopcasting
/cast Cat Form

Bear Form works fine, and I can go directly to Cat Form without any issues.

Cat Form works fine when going from no form, but when I try to go to Bear Form from Cat I get "you are in shapeshift form" error.

Similarly, I have a Rejuv macro which should exit form and cast Rejuv on me within 1 GCD.

#showtooltip Rejuvenation
/cancelaura [stance:1] Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form;
/cast Rejuvenation

Again, this worked fine in Bear form, but doesn't work in Cat...it's really annoying me and I don't know what's wrong.

Can anyone please help me? I'm trying to learn macros as best I can but I don't see what's wrong here

Forsakenone
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I don't know what you're doing wrong. I am working on my own Druid macros right now too, just started learning late last night. I am going to try the macros you posted and try for myself.

In the meantime, have you seen this resource over at the blizzard forums? I haven't read it all yet but it seems like a pretty comprehensive compendium of knowledge on macros in general. It might have some tips for you.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16200990425

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I think your form numbers might be wrong. According to Wowpedia, Cat Form is stance 2. Travel Form is stance 3.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Form

I don't know if the numbers from that link are different from what is used in classic. But based on what you're seeing, I think it's probably accurate.

I think your macro is trying to shift out of Cat Form while in Travel Form. It currently is doing this:

Code: Select all

/cancelaura [stance:3] Cat Form

What if you changed it to this?

/cancelaura [stance:2] Cat Form
I think changing the stance number from 3 to 2 might fix it for you. But I'm having a really hard time pinning down what number corresponds to what form, seems like maybe these have changed from patch to patch and information is kind of all over the place.

Forsakenone bobbajobb teebling v1stra
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Added this thread to favorite! Advice here will most defenitly be usefull when i start my road to victory as a bear tank!

Thx a bunch & peace out fellow DuRiDs

Thunder Bluff
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 2
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
I think your form numbers might be wrong. According to Wowpedia, Cat Form is stance 2. Travel Form is stance 3.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Form

I don't know if the numbers from that link are different from what is used in classic. But based on what you're seeing, I think it's probably accurate.

I think your macro is trying to shift out of Cat Form while in Travel Form. It currently is doing this:

/cancelaura [stance:3] Cat Form

What if you changed it to this?

/cancelaura [stance:2] Cat Form
I think changing the stance number from 3 to 2 might fix it for you. But I'm having a really hard time pinning down what number corresponds to what form, seems like maybe these have changed from patch to patch and information is kind of all over the place.
You absolute legend. I don't have Aquatic form yet, so removing Aquatic Form and changing the stance number worked perfectly for me.

My new macros:

/cancelaura [stance:2] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Tree of Life
/stopcasting
/cast Bear Form

(This is probably incorrect for Travel Form as i don't have it yet, it's likely stance 3)

/cancelaura [stance:1] Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Tree of Life
/stopcasting
/cast Cat Form

#showtooltip Rejuvenation
/cancelaura [stance:1] Bear Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Tree of Life; [stance:2] Cat Form
/cancelaura
/cast Rejuvenation

Thank you!!

Lets keep this thread up for any other druid macro questions. I really want to learn it in-depth and get to proper grips with it.

teebling Pippina
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

/cancelaura [stance:1] Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form <or Tree of Life>
/cancelaura [mounted]
/cast Rejuvenation(Rank 3)

This is what I use for all spells mostly that I cant cast in form.

It cancels form and uses heal. Can switchout Rejuv for Regrowth or Healing touch for instance

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

bobbajobb wrote:
4 years ago
I have the below 2 macros for Bear Form and Cat Form:

/cancelaura [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form or Tree of Life
/stopcasting
/cast Bear Form

/cancelaura [stance:1] Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form or Tree of Life
/stopcasting
/cast Cat Form
Alright man, now that I've had some time to settle into a druid and experiment with macros for the first time, I have some more input for you.

As with all things script and code related, there's always going to be a bunch of different ways to achieve the same result. In this case, I think you're going about your script the hard way. You don't need to have a chain of conditional statements to check for every single form and then to cancel specific forms based on those conditional statement checks. The more simple a macro is, the less can go wrong with it.

This is what I did instead:

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast bear form

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast cat form
You don't need to check for specific forms and then cancel them by specific names - you can achieve the same result with the simple /cancelform command. Much less to go wrong this way.

Also remember that macros have a 255 character limit, so it is a good habit to use the least amount of characters possible in case you start adding on to your macros later.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
/cancelaura [stance:1] Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:3] Cat Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form <or Tree of Life>
/cancelaura [mounted]
/cast Rejuvenation(Rank 3)

This is what I use for all spells mostly that I cant cast in form.

It cancels form and uses heal. Can switchout Rejuv for Regrowth or Healing touch for instance
This script can also be simplified. This is what I came up with to the same result:

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast Rejuvenation
Adding the #showtooltip line to the beginning makes the macro display a tooltip just like normal spells. If you don't have this, the tooltip will only display the name of the macro upon mouseover.

I don't have the /cancelaua [mounted] line in mine because I don't have a mount to test with yet so I just didn't insert it. But the first line to cancel the form can be condensed to a single /cancelform command.

Also, the line /cast Rejuvenation(Rank 3) can be replaced with /cast Rejuvenation. By default, the macro will cast the highest rank of a spell. The only time you need to specify a rank is if you are trying to downrank. To that end, it's probably safer to hard code the spell rank into your code if it's supposed to use the latest rank. Otherwise you gotta remember to keep it up to date over time.

donator Posts: 1
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Do you have trouble that after reshift talent "Predatory Strikes" stops working?

I use macro like that:

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast !Cat Form

Arathi Basin
US Stalagg
donator Posts: 22
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
4 years ago
Added this thread to favorite! Advice here will most defenitly be usefull when i start my road to victory as a bear tank!

Can you add to favorites here in the Barrens Chat UI or did you mean on your browser?

Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

peon wrote:
4 years ago
Forsakenone wrote:
4 years ago

Can you add to favorites here in the Barrens Chat UI or did you mean on your browser?
You can subscribe to threads using the button at the bottom of the page, which saves the topic into your subs list in your control panel (and gives you notifications when someone replies).

peon Forsakenone
Arathi Basin
US Stalagg
donator Posts: 22
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
peon wrote:
4 years ago
Forsakenone wrote:
4 years ago

You can subscribe to threads using the button at the bottom of the page, which saves the topic into your subs list in your control panel (and gives you notifications when someone replies).
Many thanks Teebling. I see it now!