donator Posts: 1
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

My friend got a feet of the lynx drop but he is afraid to sell it even for like 10g, but some people were being predatory it seems

Is there a place to find good prices for twink items so he and others can avoid getting scammed?

donator Posts: 21
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

There isn't anything like "good prices" it all depends on the server economy. And a fresh server doesn't have a real economy yet.
Plus I doubt there is a big twink community so early, I think he should hold onto it.
But honestly, if someone is willing to pay 10g for it now, I'd probably sell it personally.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Economy is not established. Either use the items to enhance your own efficiency and XP per hour or store them for a VERY long time.

In most cases you will get more value out of using twink items. Sounds crazy, but its true. There are a few exceptions though.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Littlegg wrote:
4 years ago
My friend got a feet of the lynx drop but he is afraid to sell it even for like 10g, but some people were being predatory it seems

Is there a place to find good prices for twink items so he and others can avoid getting scammed?
Hold on to those for as long as you can, that's a very rare drop and he should wait until twinking becomes a thing (think a 6 months-1 year from now) to sell it for what it's worth.

EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

All I know is if you find a https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9425/pendulum-of-doom you will never have to farm again. :lol:

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
All I know is if you find a Pendulum of Doom you will never have to farm again.
holy cow 4.00 atk speed... didn't even know that.

Image    Image    Image
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 2
Gnome
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
All I know is if you find a https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9425/pendulum-of-doom you will never have to farm again. :lol:
I have a Pendulum of Doom on Gehennas EU. Taking bids :)

Loch modan
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 188
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

How to spot them? All rare/epic gear with a useful stat distribution is potentially a twink item. The price then depends on accessibility/farmability and the available alternatives. Prices obviously will go up with time as more gold flows into the market. The best moments to sell are right before new content becomes available, because thats when excess gold and boredom is at its peak.

EU Judgement
donator Posts: 43
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'd suggest googling twink guides to check whether something is considered bis or not. There should be plenty of guides around for each class.