Ashenvale
donator Posts: 59
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Apparently blizz is doing some tweaking to the servers. Hopefully this will reduce the queue times a bit atleast.

Blizzard Entertainment
With hotfixes that we are currently deploying to all WoW Classic realms, we are substantially increasing the number of players that can be simultaneously logged in and playing. We expect this to result in smaller queues for realms that have large queues, and some realms should no longer have queues at all.

We will closely monitor performance and stability throughout this process.

Thank you very much.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... gust/77940

So let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst

Genecide centurion Gallow
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Let's hope. Finally had a chance to use remote desktop from work to start WoW cause I'll be home in a couple hours. As of five minutes ago it's a 5000 something person queue at 171 minutes for Incendius.

donator Posts: 285
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If they add more layers, then how will they ever remove layering?

Falcon Stfuppercut fendor
Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 75
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

AKA... we're increasing the layers per server to the max which means if this many people stay long enough, layering will persist through phase 2 for the heavily populated realms.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
donator Posts: 1
Orc
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

centurion wrote:
4 years ago
Let's hope. Finally had a chance to use remote desktop from work to start WoW cause I'll be home in a couple hours. As of five minutes ago it's a 5000 something person queue at 171 minutes for Incendius.
Just about doubled in the past hour. Doesn't seem to feel like much of an increase.

E: May need some time to get functioning; will be able to tell closer to 6pm.

Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Come to Deviate Delight. We have no queue. And.... cookies. /flex

centurion
Arithil - Warrior Tank
Tirisfal Glades
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
Come to Deviate Delight. We have no queue. And.... cookies. /flex
If it continues like this I might make an alt there just for fun.

Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

centurion wrote:
4 years ago
I might make an alt there
*Uses Darth Sidious Voice*
Do it

For real though... I'm going to advocate the crap outa DD. It's been a great server so far.

centurion
Arithil - Warrior Tank
Durotar
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 19
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I hope that too.

Current situation at Dreadmist:

No. I'm not TROLLING...
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
For real though... I'm going to advocate the crap outa DD. It's been a great server so far.
My only problem with it so far on my very very limited play time on that server was that it seems to be a staging zone for people waiting on their actual realms. The vast vast majority of people I see on those realms aren't even trying to have RP names, especially in Mulgore. Good lord. Cow puns. Cow puns everywhere. Normally I like cow puns, hell look at my main, but on an RP server it shouldn't be like that. And I know if I choose to lose all progress I have made and go onto Deviate Delight, how long will it be before that realm is abandoned because everyone went back to their "home" realm?

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Hillsbrad Foothills
EU Ashbringer
donator Posts: 11
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Man, last night 2 hour queue on Razorgore so I rerolled to Dreadmist, now cant play here either -.- .

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm getting teamviewer set up on my computer at home during lunch right now as we speak. Trying to set up the home computer so I can command it to log in for me from my cell phone 4 hours in advance while I'm at work. Hope this change makes it so I don't really have to do this...

Past couple days I've only been able to get in near midnight PST.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Whatever your progress in game is doesn't even matter anymore. You're almost 60 here!!!! Time to crank out some shitposts!!

Pippina
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
how long will it be before that realm is abandoned because everyone went back to their "home" realm?
This was a big concern of mine too as we tested it out with our potential mains. I can't speak for the Horde side, but over on the Alliance there was definitely some of the same. Night Elf females with names like Purrpurrkitty, and other crap. Thankfully, there's report names for non-RP. They were the ones jumping around at level 2 and 3 spamming the chat all night. The rest who were legit playing, felt like a large solid community.

There's definitely a non-vocal majority who wanted an East Coast RP-PVP, and don't care about 1 night wasted on Grob.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
My only problem with it so far on my very very limited play time on that server was that it seems to be a staging zone for people waiting on their actual realms. The vast vast majority of people I see on those realms aren't even trying to have RP names, especially in Mulgore. Good lord. Cow puns. Cow puns everywhere. Normally I like cow puns, hell look at my main, but on an RP server it shouldn't be like that. And I know if I choose to lose all progress I have made and go onto Deviate Delight, how long will it be before that realm is abandoned because everyone went back to their "home" realm?
This seems like a pretty shitty outcome of everything being so full. The RP containment servers work both ways, they're supposed to keep the RP people off the normal realms, and it's supposed to keep the normies out of the RP realms. Seems like having so many non-RP refugees holed up and making a home on RP servers is going to ruin the RP aspect for the RP players that those realms are supposed to cater to.
Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Whatever your progress in game is doesn't even matter anymore. You're almost 60 here!!!! Time to crank out some shitposts!!
It's just not the same though. There aren't any login queues here. I need Teebs to implement a 7 hour queue before I can get in and shitpost so it can feel just like the real game :lol:

Tirisfal Glades
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Update: I guess I blew through the 5000+ queue in those 2 hours before I got home cause I didn't check, and was even logged out. Now I'm back in line at 4319. Big oof.

donator Posts: 285
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
centurion wrote:
4 years ago
I might make an alt there
*Uses Darth Sidious Voice*
Do it

It's spelled Dew it.

Falcon
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

centurion wrote:
4 years ago
Update: I guess I blew through the 5000+ queue in those 2 hours before I got home cause I didn't check, and was even logged out. Now I'm back in line at 4319. Big oof.
Set up teamviewer on your computer and your cell phone. I got it running earlier. I can remote control my home computer with my cell phone, I can log in, and I can see the queue. Glancing down at my cell phone, I'm position #3075 in queue. If I time it right, I can get home from work right as the queue is up. And even if I don't, I can log into my character from my cell phone and bump the keyboard every few minutes to keep from going AFK until I get home.

The blue post said they were working on applying the hotfixes as they were creating that post. I wonder if the hotfix was supposedly already applied? Because these queues are about as bad today as they were yesterday around this time.

centurion
Hunter Beast Mastery
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 59
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I hope a lot more people will be able to get in.

No original unarmored epic mounts :cry:
Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The hotfix had a big impact. Playing on Firemaw, queues used to be 'not today'. But thanks to the hotfix, which seems to halve the time you stay in queue, we got a bigger influx of players ingame yesterday pretty straight after the hotfix was applied.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
4 years ago
The hotfix had a big impact. Playing on Firemaw, queues used to be 'not today'. But thanks to the hotfix, which seems to halve the time you stay in queue, we got a bigger influx of players ingame yesterday pretty straight after the hotfix was applied.
Any idea when the hotfix was applied?

EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pretty sure this was an incremental release. After the announcement there didn’t seem to be any changes.

One hour later i had guildies that jumped queue from 700 to 400 to 200 to in.

Only issue is high pop zones seem to be a bit laggy due to it.

I will take this over queues though.

As for getting rid of layering, i imagine there’s 2 options: people will get bored and some will start to quit. The number of players by the end of phase 1 will be lower so they switch to 1 layer. Or most stay, they’re making money, so they release new servers with migration options.
Both can happen too, i guess.

Still after such bumpy few days and with the amount of people who STOLE MY KREENIG KILL, i’ve grown to accept layering.

Alterac Valley
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 148
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Any idea when the hotfix was applied?
I don't remember exactly. At 20:30 CEST I noticed a big jump down the queue by 1000+, then in the next 30 minutes I made more progress than in the 4 hours before (same for several guildmates in queue). Was at 12k by 20:30 and got into game around 23:00.

Take it with a grain of salt because after 22:00 the queue drops big time anyway because people sign off for the day.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

My experience last night in Sulfuras was great. The queue had only a few hundred people and lasted for less than 5 minutes. Starting zones weren't too crazy. Latency was at around 45ms.