donator Posts: 3
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Did anyone else notice server restarts are constantly removing all the macro setups? I know it's supposedly a minor worry, but it seriously irks me. It's such a hassle to setup them in the first place. Should I write them down on editor or something or is this supposed to be temporary problem?

Gallow
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sounds like a bug. Not too surprising how busy everything is. The boats and zeppelins were broken last night on a bunch of servers :lol:

For now just make some backups. Copy & paste everything into a notepad document.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Had the same issue with character specific macros, not general macros weirdly.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Restarts/regular logouts reset some of my interface settings. I've turned off the profanity filter 3 or 4 times now but every time I log in it's on again.

Alterac Valley
donator Posts: 1
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

After you do the macros they are saved in a temporary file and will remain there until you either press "Logout" or "exit game" that is why it takes a while for the game to shut down as it saves all relevant data from the temporary files into permanent ones.
Thus if you alt+f4 or something similar happens it may be that they dont get saved. I would suggest manually saving your updates on the macro list etc by relogging

teebling Pippina Bluddy ShamelessEU
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Dreamare wrote:
4 years ago
After you do the macros they are saved in a temporary file and will remain there until you either press "Logout" or "exit game" that is why it takes a while for the game to shut down as it saves all relevant data from the temporary files into permanent ones.
Thus if you alt+f4 or something similar happens it may be that they dont get saved. I would suggest manually saving your updates on the macro list etc by relogging
Thanks m8. I figured this was the case. I had the same thing happen to me last night - I was in the middle of putting together some macros and my firewall froze, kicking me off the internet and booting me off the server. I'm not sure if I hit alt+F4 at any point or whatever, but by the time I got back in hours later the macros were gone. Every time I exit the game normally, they're saved.

Given how bad the queues are, I'm not willing to try anything that could accidentally kick me off the server and shut me down for four hours. So currently I am backing up all my macros to text files on my desktop until things calm down

Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

yeah the first major disconnect i had, fucked up my tukUI settings. even after resetting it to default its still not working properly on the character i was on. everyone else is fine though

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Update for anyone who has this issue!

You need to do one of the following to "save" macros;

• Log out
  • Type the following and press enter

Code: Select all

/reset ui
Since a server restart is treated similar to a disconnect, if you haven't done either of these your macros are not saved and are therefore lost.
I'm pretty sure a game crash or exiting the game by Alt+F4 also will not save your macros.

The /reset ui command does NOT log you off, by the way. So it's safe to use when there is a large queue on your realm.

Pippina rijndael
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde