donator Posts: 21
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hey there, just wondering if there is any mean to know some stats about each realm.

Like average number of players, maximum number of players, percentage of Horde/Alliance, queues time, those kinds of thing.

Blizzard was already really secretive before launch, refusing to tell us anything of the sort.

Priest Discipline
donator Posts: 34
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

On Firemaw the queues were about 25k last night. But nobody knows how many players actually fit on a server. We'll have to wait for data from Blizzard on player population.

Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah that's the issue, the thing is I believe players are afraid to change realms because they don't know what to expect, and the layering doesn't help, you just don't know the state your server is in.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Yeah so far I don't think Blizzard has published anything and the only numbers are guesses from people watching from the outside of Blizzard.

There are some reddit surveys, but that's about the closest thing I know of. And the only ones I saw were from days ago before blizzard basically doubled the amount of servers today so they're not going to be accurate either.

Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I saw the reddit surveys too but with the afflux of player on release can really mess up with the stats even without the new servers, now that's even worse haha.

Felwood
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 28
Gnome
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Neoh wrote:
4 years ago
I saw the reddit surveys too but with the afflux of player on release can really mess up with the stats even without the new servers, now that's even worse haha.
Ya i got stuck in limbo 45min after launch, nothing in ironforge loaded, to add to the salt in the wounds the boats and zeppelins were not working on GromCrush...

When the hunted tell tales of Gondar, none are sure of which are true. In whispered tones they say he was abandoned as a kit, learning his skill in tracking as a matter of simple survival. Others hear he was an orphan of war, taken in by the great Soruq the Hunter to learn the master's skill with a blade as they plumbed the dark forests for big game. Still others believe he was a lowly street urchin raised among a guild of cutpurses and thieves, trained in the arts of stealth and misdirection.
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Edaewen wrote:
4 years ago
Ya i got stuck in limbo 45min after launch, nothing in ironforge loaded, to add to the salt in the wounds the boats and zeppelins were not working on GromCrush...
I couldn't get into fairbanks for most of the day so I was trying out one of the new servers while I waited for the crowd to die down. Rattlegore wasn't even slammed full of people like the other servers and the boats weren't working there either.

Felwood
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 28
Gnome
Rogue
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Edaewen wrote:
4 years ago
I couldn't get into fairbanks for most of the day so I was trying out one of the new servers while I waited for the crowd to die down. Rattlegore wasn't even slammed full of people like the other servers and the boats weren't working there either.
I think all the panic servers they spooled up didnt start properly, the cities were horrible as well.

do you plan on continuing on one of the other servers and transferring later, or you just going to go back to fairbanks?

When the hunted tell tales of Gondar, none are sure of which are true. In whispered tones they say he was abandoned as a kit, learning his skill in tracking as a matter of simple survival. Others hear he was an orphan of war, taken in by the great Soruq the Hunter to learn the master's skill with a blade as they plumbed the dark forests for big game. Still others believe he was a lowly street urchin raised among a guild of cutpurses and thieves, trained in the arts of stealth and misdirection.
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Edaewen wrote:
4 years ago
do you plan on continuing on one of the other servers and transferring later, or you just going to go back to fairbanks?
I just wanted in yesterday and was getting frustrated with login queues. I eventually did get in at Fairbanks around midnight and got a couple of hours in. I plan to remain on Fairbanks unless these massive 6+ hour queues remain after a few weeks. I already have a guild lined up over at Fairbanks and want to roll with those guys so I'm not leaving the server unless I absolutely have to.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Neoh wrote:
4 years ago
Like average number of players, maximum number of players, percentage of Horde/Alliance, queues time, those kinds of thing.
number of players should be "easy" to find out. I am not sure about anything else.

Image    Image    Image
Horde
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
number of players should be "easy" to find out.
Well, not that much. You can guess thanks to the queue that there are 20 000 people trying to play, but Blizzard refused to tell us the server cap and the layers cap.