Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

As the launch comes within the next couple of hours, I thought I'd share my panic of questioning every decision up to this point as to my class. It's not a big deal, I've always done this. I've got...commitment issues, you could say.

I haven't stopped thinking about a "utility" rogue spec. Improved sap for the best PvE cc in the game behind Polymorph, and then just use talents in Assassination and Combat to buff your damage. Additionally, at level 60 and in a 40 man raid, is Expose Armor worth anything at all? I've not seen a ton of number crunching using it. As of the 1.11 or 1.12 (can't remember) talent update to rogues in vanilla, Expose Armor stacks with Sunder Armor, where it previously didn't and would knock off the tank's Sunder stacks.

Would it make sense in a raid that has 6 rogues for one rogue to focus on just using expose armor and buffing his fellow melee dps? I was on an instant 60 server the other day and was using a test dummy (not that I expect the numbers to be particularly accurate, etc.) and Expose Armor seemed to boost my dps a fair bit.

I'm not sure I'd ditch my current plans if this was at all viable, but it'd be kinda cool. I'm playing on an RP server, be kinda cool to be like a dwarven "saboteur" rogue. Regardless, I figured someone on here might know.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Imp sap only goes up to 90% reliability, so be ready to pop vanish or evasion when you roll a 1.

If EA stacks with sunder it might be beneficial, but I think I've seen theorycrafters stating that the classic mob armor values are so low that Sunder + Faerie Fire + annihilator (maybe there was something else, but not EA) was enough to reduce boss armor to 0. If so, EA wouldn't be beneficial.

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
4 years ago
Imp sap only goes up to 90% reliability, so be ready to pop vanish or evasion when you roll a 1.

If EA stacks with sunder it might be beneficial, but I think I've seen theorycrafters stating that the classic mob armor values are so low that Sunder + Faerie Fire + annihilator (maybe there was something else, but not EA) was enough to reduce boss armor to 0. If so, EA wouldn't be beneficial.
Well i mostly meant for dungeon and raid bosses. But I'm not sure the armor values for raid bosses are known. Apparently, according to some, armor values on most bosses on private server were too low, so melee dps will not be as strong in classic at least on that front. Though they'll still be stronger overall because of the lack of +hit gear for casters.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 54
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

From what various streamers on YouTube have said, the values were discovered to be significantly lower on classic beta than on private for raid bosses. How they came to that conclusion, I don't know since they didn't have raid available. Or maybe I totally misunderstood!

For dungeons, I've no idea if Expose Armor would be good for bosses, but it might be a fun thing to play around with.

Stfuppercut
Burning Steppes
donator Posts: 24
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I played as a vanilla rogue who contributed to theorycrafting research. As I recall, Expose Armor does not stack with Sunder, and blocks applications of sunder.

We used 5cp Imp EA in raids with our feral tank in the alts raid I ran.

Order of the <Mystical Stump>

Light be with you.