Elwynn Forest
donator Posts: 2
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Well, for automated addons, I think that this does not bode well for Tradeskillmaster either with its scroll whell posting, batch groups and autamated auction tools. I use it in the Retail version...barely (almost completely for the regional item pricing, I use Auctionator for everything else), but I had/have zero intention on using it for classic.

I also wonder if/how it might affect WeakAuras2 as well with its potential and how its been used in the past for both good and nefarious purposes.

I'm not sure if it will affect DBM though as it doesn't automate actions and mechanics over just warning people of them.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Instinctz wrote:
4 years ago
The fact that black monarch wanted this addon tells me a lot about him
I've already stated many times that my only objection to the modern implementation of LFD/LFR is that it automatically teleports you to the dungeon entrance, even if you've never been to that dungeon before. I spent several years running dungeons without having any idea where in the game world they were supposed to be. I STILL have no idea where the entrance to the current version of Gnomeregan is. That always struck me as wrong. "Press button, wait an hour, receive four randoms to group up with, walk to the dungeon on foot" is perfectly fine.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 117
Alliance
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
Instinctz wrote:
4 years ago
The fact that black monarch wanted this addon tells me a lot about him
I've already stated many times that my only objection to the modern implementation of LFD/LFR is that it automatically teleports you to the dungeon entrance, even if you've never been to that dungeon before. I spent several years running dungeons without having any idea where in the game world they were supposed to be. I STILL have no idea where the entrance to the current version of Gnomeregan is. That always struck me as wrong. "Press button, wait an hour, receive four randoms to group up with, walk to the dungeon on foot" is perfectly fine.
clearly not for classic. blizzard is banning that sort of functionality.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This bodes well for the overall stewardship of the game from the current group of people over at Blizzard. They have been saying the right things all along, but it's easy to say the right things and it is what they actually follow through with and do is what is important. Assuming they do follow through and disable this addon then this really is good news.

I hope they continue with this thought process along the way. Any changes argued for with the reasoning of 'think of the convenience', 'it doesn't really make that big of a difference', or 'well I have already done this a bunch of times so it just simplifies things really' need to be smacked down with the force of a thousand drunk @Uncle Ganus McAnuses.

Selexin Stfuppercut