Poll  •  What should I roll?
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Okay, I need help making a certain decision. Kind of a tough one for me. This post might be long, so forgive me for that. Lets Dig in!

I have never experienced Vanilla/Classic. As many of you know I started in 2012/2013 with MOP right before WoD. I have rolled Horde since I started but played alliance for a few levels and I enjoy both factions. However, I don't know what the world looks and sounds like before the cataclysm struck Azeroth. Now I'm not saying I'm going to RP or anything..but my thing is. I want to roll Alliance and experience "new" zones like Duskwood. I know what you're thinking, "Duskwood isn't new, what's wrong with you?". Well, to that I'd have to say, (again) I never got to experience zones that much due to just grinding dungeons. HOWEVER, I have played a few of the Horde starter zones, i.e. Durotar, The Barrens, Mulgore and Ashenvale. Probably a few others and it brings back this memory of questing/ganking with a really close friend of mine.

Now, my dilemma is I have only experienced Elwyn Forrest and Wesfall. Should I stick to what I am most familiar with..go with Horde because of nostalgic reasons and my friends are rolling Horde, run alliance and experience a "new" take of Azeroth and it's world OR do both?

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've played alliance forever now, but due to friends and the fact I want a sort of new take like you're talking about, I'm going Horde this time!

Knoxtane
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If you're more familiar with Horde on retail post-cataclysm, roll horde again and see what all those zones used to be like. Spend more time there so you can really absorb all the little details. Especially if your friends are going to be on the Horde side.

You can always go explore new Alliance zones later.

Knoxtane
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I personally, love vanilla duskwood for alliance. But that's just me. I like Alliance cities and hate the Barrens. So where I've historically only played horde, I'll likely be maining Alliance for Classic, unless someone convinces me that going Elemental shaman is worth it. Then I'll suffer the Barrens for that.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 4
Orc
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'd definitely do what your friends are doing. That's the way I get the most fun out of this kind of game. If that isn't what's important to you, still roll Horde and start as Undead and go that route so you get to experience new zones anyway! :)

Felwood
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 28
Gnome
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Honestly dude you do you, but i would try and level one character on both sides to 60. Just explore and immerse yourself as much as possible. The quests are really well done, and i find the way the zones flow is much better than current day retail.

When the hunted tell tales of Gondar, none are sure of which are true. In whispered tones they say he was abandoned as a kit, learning his skill in tracking as a matter of simple survival. Others hear he was an orphan of war, taken in by the great Soruq the Hunter to learn the master's skill with a blade as they plumbed the dark forests for big game. Still others believe he was a lowly street urchin raised among a guild of cutpurses and thieves, trained in the arts of stealth and misdirection.
Mulgore
donator Posts: 184
Tauren
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I was going to roll Horde again, but all my friends are going Alliance. I'm going to roll with them so I can raid, and also because I never had an alliance toon over lvl 19 pre-Cataclysm. I'll most likely roll a couple other Horde toons on my own.

Playing with friends is such a huge part of the experience for me, I'll pretend I'm ok with the filthy Alliance just to have fun with my group.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Feralas
EU Mograine
donator Posts: 4
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'd say a big part is going where your friends are. You'll have plenty of time exploring both factions. Unless you have a very specific preference for shaman or pally it's down to where the mates are. I went horde first time in vanilla and had a blast! This time it's going to be alliance.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 176
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thanks for all the help everyone. I've decided to main Horde and play alliance when my friend's are not on.

Winterspring
donator Posts: 117
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Horde because chilling on top of old Orgrimmar's bank roof is literally the place to chill at.

Human Warrior - Shazzrah Firemaw PVP
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Edaewen wrote:
4 years ago
Honestly dude you do you, but i would try and level one character on both sides to 60. Just explore and immerse yourself as much as possible. The quests are really well done, and i find the way the zones flow is much better than current day retail.
I'm not sure I endorse this. Because by level 40ish, you'll basically be doing most of the same content, or at least fighting the same mobs for a slightly different quest. Plus I think you'd burn out. I know I would.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Hunter Marksman
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 19
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Im just gonna say play the Alliance because that is what I enjoy more.

Where is my level 60 boost?
ImageImage
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Krispyish wrote:
4 years ago
Im just gonna say play the Alliance because that is what I enjoy more.
I don't understand why you would necro this post not even replying to OPs post or question?

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Paladin Holy
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 109
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I have always played Horde, save for a lvl 20 Worgen to get a sense of what they were all about, when they released. But since Vanilla, always Horde.

I specifically went with the Alliance to regain the sense of adventure; I leveled at a decent rate, but do enjoy the story that WoW has to offer, and I am happy that I saved Alliance for this, it added a whole new dimension to the game for me.

- Xcellers
|Paladin|Firemaw EU-PVP|
Mk. Ultra - Comprehensive Guild Management Spreadsheet
A comprehensive tool for guild managers maintaining rosters & loot distribution in LC based guilds

Vault of the Silverhands, A Gear Primer for Holy Paladins
A progressive and customisable item, enchant and buff overview for Holy Paladins

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Join your friends IMO

Hunter Marksman
US Kirtonos
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
I don't understand why you would necro this post not even replying to OPs post or question?
I didn't realize how long ago it was posted. And I did answer it because I gave him a faction to to play when he asked.

ImageImage
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Krispyish wrote:
4 years ago
Erik wrote:
4 years ago
I didn't realize how long ago it was posted. And I did answer it because I gave him a faction to to play when he asked.
Yes that is true, I meant more like you just said play alliance because you yourself enjoy it. That won't help him in the slightest.

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Hunter Marksman
US Kirtonos
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
Krispyish wrote:
4 years ago
Erik wrote:
4 years ago
Yes that is true, I meant more like you just said play alliance because you yourself enjoy it. That won't help him in the slightest.
That was part of the meme, just because I play it that makes it 100% more fun.

ImageImage