donator Posts: 5
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm fairly set on being a hunter, and I'm leaning towards Alliance (prettier zones and music?!). Why? I don't know. I'm casual and don't want to struggle with leveling. I like having a personal tank.

On to the important questions. I know very little.

What professions should I roll and why?

Is there a go to comprehensive guide anyone would recommend?

Please offer any relevant/helpful information you'd like to include, try to get me to roll Horde even?!

Thank you. Just getting the ball rolling on this hopefully long and fun journey.

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi! I'll leave it to people who know more than I on the hunter front, but it might be worth thinking about playing on one of the RP servers. People here were talking about setting up like a Hunter's Lodge, and that might be a great way to talk with other hunters in game and get to know how they do things, etc.

Also judging by your avatar, you might wish you could be a human hunter. it's a damn shame that Humans can't be hunters in vanilla. It makes so much sense. "We live in a giant forest of bears, wolves, and deer. But don't hunt. We just fish and grow vegetables." Pescatarian hippies.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
lt's a damn shame that Humans can't be hunters in vanilla. It makes so much sense. "We live in a giant forest of bears, wolves, and deer. But don't hunt. We just fish and grow vegetables." Pescatarian hippies.
:lol:

For OP: a quick bit of googling will help you out - you’re asking a ton of different questions here.

This list of hunter guides/resources may be very helpful to you.

Alternatively try searching the forums here for hunter topics, we’ve learned a lot together over the last year in our discussions.

If there’s something specific you’re still stuck on after that, do come back and ask and we’ll help if we can.

donator Posts: 5
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
lt's a damn shame that Humans can't be hunters in vanilla. It makes so much sense. "We live in a giant forest of bears, wolves, and deer. But don't hunt. We just fish and grow vegetables." Pescatarian hippies.
:lol:

For OP: a quick bit of googling will help you out - you’re asking a ton of different questions here.

This list of hunter guides/resources may be very helpful to you.

Alternatively try searching the forums here for hunter topics, we’ve learned a lot together over the last year in our discussions.

If there’s something specific you’re still stuck on after that, do come back and ask and we’ll help if we can.
I appreciate it! So when trying the search function, it shows EVERY instance of the word hunter used, many times replicating the same thread over and over. Is there no sub forums? Like categories/class taverns etc? How about a way to search for keywords in titles only?

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

JollySaintNick wrote:
4 years ago
I appreciate it! So when trying the search function, it shows EVERY instance of the word hunter used, many times replicating the same thread over and over. Is there no sub forums? Like categories/class taverns etc? How about a way to search for keywords in titles only?
We're currently a single-board format. We are still small enough that it keeps things lively with a single main board.

If you click into the advanced search options then you have some more powerful search options:

You can search only the titles, and you can also organize results into specific threads vs individual posts. You can also use it to search specific areas, like the guides.

Stfuppercut teebling