EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Blizzard Entertainment
Q: What are the plans after Phase 6? More content for classic or moving to TBC?
A: We’ve done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We’ll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be.
What do you guys think about this answer?

I really hope that if they go down the route of re-releasing TBC and WotLK that they do it on separate servers where you can copy your character, otherwise we'll just be in the same situation 10 years down the line where people are asking for Classic servers again!

It's also kinda funny that Classic isn't even released yet and people are asking what's coming next. :lol:

Selexin DoomC Altoholic mechler Kall
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There is a huge following for TBC, slightly less so for WotLK. I think this is a safe and easy option for Blizzard to make money. I hope it is a separate server, but I also hope they try to develop a separate classic+ server in the background while they release these easy cash cows. Classic+ has more potential but more risk than the expansions. I'm excited for whatever they decide. I really enjoyed TBC, and if done right I could really enjoy Classic+.

Time will tell.

TeamRemix Zhohan Kall
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I would like to get TBC and stay on it till the end of time. :biggrin: For me it is best time of wow as I do not like vanilla THAT MUCH. I also do not like WotLK. For me this is the best mixture of skill/time sink/meaningful lore/QoL features/pvp/pve time of wow. It is not perfect but for me it's as good as it can get.

Selexin FTHforever
Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I love TBC and all but yeah its easily predictable that if they do that, there'll eventually be people wanting classic again and probably going back to private servers. So the option of just expanding upon the classic world would be something i'd be more curious about, although I'm not sure that's a good idea in Blizzards hands, could potentially turn out like the shitshow that bfa is if they implement all new ideas.

Gensei

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 177
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'd be down for Classic + TBC. Separate servers, same characters. Basically continue where you left off but keep your classic character in a time capsule.

s1atan Qur Selexin mwaf Jon Bloodspray
Orgrimmar
donator Posts: 48
Horde
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

As long as TBC servers don't overwrite the Classic servers we're getting now I am ok with it. It will fragment the playerbase if they go that way but I can live that.

Selexin
Gandling EU
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
I'd be down for Classic + TBC. Separate servers, same characters. Basically continue where you left off but keep your classic character in a time capsule.
This. Leave classic servers as a museum of vanilla wow and add a TBC servers. Later on, if its popular, there could be other servers with classic+ (but I dont think they will go that way).

Selexin
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 3
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

TBC is fun too :D

Selexin
Redridge Mountains
donator Posts: 19
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I will probably like a Classic + not just TBC again.

I liked TBC but I will prefer a Classic +, some element of TBC can be good in it.
What I'm thinking is to continue the 1.XX patch without disrupting all the classic world.

• New class / race combo, not a bad idea to add more diversisty in the long run with some story to it.(instance/raid etc...)
  • NO flying mount, but a water mount can be interesting if they maybe open more dungeon or raid in the sea ?
  • No desctruction of the classic world
  • Arena, but within the classic rank system or in symbiose with it and the faction side of it.( Can be accessible only when you reach XX rank, this mean that just the elite warrior of each faction can combat for the honor+ and bring something to the classic battleground with it ? )
  • No more leveling, level 60 is the max that's it, this way all the raid instance can still be interesting to do and farm for some good item.
  • Opening new instance and raid, to add new stuff and history to maybe bring balance for "meme" classes or just some new challenge.
But In the long run we will see the population of Retail VS Classic.
What the company will decide to continue or disrupt ?...

kweik Cook
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like TBC except for flying mounts. HUGE dealbreaker for me

kweik Cook Jon Bloodspray
Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago

I really hope that if they go down the route of re-releasing TBC and WotLK that they do it on separate servers where you can copy your character, otherwise we'll just be in the same situation 10 years down the line where people are asking for Classic servers again!
Exactly.
This is what they should have done in the beginning instead of forcing players who paid for one thing, to be paying for an expansion that they didn't necessarily want or ask for to continue playing with their friends or just enjoy the gameplay.
I've played a lot of Wotlk, and I still do. Burning crusade would be a new experience for me because I joined mid-thc.
Keep the expansions seperate from each other I say, Copy the character progression database from classic to TBC for players that want TBC, It's simple.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 177
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

WHAT IF they recreate/re-release TBC but without a lot of the major changes. i.e Flying mounts. Imagine a Classic2 so to speak, new races, new balances. This will most likely not happen, but it's a cool idea.

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm all for TBC, but being able to fly is "meh".

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 62
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It will probably be TBC. Players will want things to do after all vanilla content is cleared. And it's easy money for Blizzard.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
WHAT IF they recreate/re-release TBC but without a lot of the major changes. i.e Flying mounts. Imagine a Classic2 so to speak, new races, new balances. This will most likely not happen, but it's a cool idea.
I would definitely be down for this, however, I'm not sure the classic dev team would be up for this. A lot of the TBC world was created with flying mounts in mind. Take out flying mounts and they would have to redesign a lot of the world.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think they already had this on their minds before even starting to create classic.
I believe their intentions when upgrading the hardware and code to support the retail engine was to release TBC, WRATH, ...etc
Now they paved the way to create other expansions much easier and faster!
I also believe as soon as Classic is release they will start creating TBC!
I mean how awesome would it be when out of the blue after phase 6 that we see PR video on TBC, Hype!

I would love to see a release of TBC!
That was my favorite expansion/iteration of wow!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
This would also mean that they'd not raise the level cap...which makes most of the content on outland meaningless. Raising a level cap is a reset of the game. Keeping everything at 60 maintains a single flow of progression. Some people back in the day didn't like BC raising the level cap. But idk man, so much of Outland's content is leveling content.

Edit: Also very, very much in the Classic+ camp. Tiny class changes aimed at making bad specs viable, not really altering the high end scene but opening up options for casual players, and more 40 and 20 man raids. Sounds great to me.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

A separate TBC server would be pretty cool, but I'd rather have a sort of Classic+. If anything, keep classic around itself.

Knoxtane
Warrior Fury
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 212
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The idea of TBC excites me, but so does a patch 1.13.

With TBC, we know what we are getting. We know what the game will be like and what comes with it. I definitely enjoyed TBC.

However, a patch 1.13 is a really interesting idea. A new experience in Classic, made in the spirit of Classic—that's what I like to believe at least. The question is whether we can trust Blizzard to make such a patch, and how far they will take it in terms of quality-of-life, because I would personally not want to see any.

Czar Cook Jon Bloodspray
Elwynn Forest
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 20
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Classic should be the base for an alternate reality!

I think it would be creative if they used Classic to create a new line of expansions - like an alternate reality. Think of this as a way for Blizzard to learn what they messed up on, in all of their expansions and use that to build upon Classic; creating new expansions that change Classic only for the better: ie hold back introducing flying mounts, make the spec system keep its Classic form (rather that than the garbage retail spec "tree"), and other major changes they rolled out with expansions in the previous years that totally messed up the core of the game we call Classic.

It would be so much fun to play Classic beyond level 60, through new expansions and content, but not have to experience the major changes we all know were crap from the retail line thus keeping much of the core fundamentals and "hardcore" aspects that made Classic better than any retail expansion.

My vote and hope is for Classic+

Cook Jon Bloodspray
Warrior | Rogue | Priest on Faerlina

beware the might of the slavic selodka
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
 Blizzard Entertainment
Q: What are the plans after Phase 6? More content for classic or moving to TBC?
A: We’ve done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We’ll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be.
What do you guys think about this answer?

It's also kinda funny that Classic isn't even released yet and people are asking what's coming next. :lol:
With ya on that one. Not gonna hang around if I have to play the game with any expansions. Those were the beginning of the end the first time around and I hope Blizz won't allow themselves to be doomed to repeat their same mistakes.

Winterspring
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 146
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Knoxtane wrote:
4 years ago
I actually think this is the route their are thinking when they speak about TBC in Classic. They have mentioned several times when speaking about this about the classic philosophy and how TBC would fit in it. TBC without flying mounts is imposible because the expansion was created around the concept. They could develop TBC without the huge leap on gear and money, without dailies, with some relevant progresos around proffessions, without the huge immbalance around world pvp. Maybe classic + is just trying to fix the wrongs made in the past while staying true to the original concept.

Polling the community as with OSRS would be a nice way to find out what we want

daisyKutter - Troll Protection Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Horde
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Agree that copying and/or transferring your character to a separate TBC server would make the most sense. That way classic lovers can stay in classic WoW and TBC lovers can play on the TBC server.

Druid Restoration
donator Posts: 8
Orc
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

DoomC wrote:
4 years ago
Agree that copying and/or transferring your character to a separate TBC server would make the most sense. That way classic lovers can stay in classic WoW and TBC lovers can play on the TBC server.
This topic is a really hard one.. even Blizzard is clueless what to do next. They depend on the community's thoughts.. but we're not sure either.

Horns of Dilemma or like the Turkish saying; Staff with shit for both ends.

donator Posts: 18
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Chamouador wrote:
4 years ago
  • New class / race combo, not a bad idea to add more diversisty in the long run with some story to it.(instance/raid etc...)
  • NO flying mount, but a water mount can be interesting if they maybe open more dungeon or raid in the sea ?
  • No desctruction of the classic world
  • Arena, but within the classic rank system or in symbiose with it and the faction side of it.( Can be accessible only when you reach XX rank, this mean that just the elite warrior of each faction can combat for the honor+ and bring something to the classic battleground with it ? )
  • No more leveling, level 60 is the max that's it, this way all the raid instance can still be interesting to do and farm for some good item.
  • Opening new instance and raid, to add new stuff and history to maybe bring balance for "meme" classes or just some new challenge.
Chamouador's ideas are sublime!

GO CLASSIC +

TBC destroys Classic's legacy with flying. Sorry, but I don't want the horde scum flying over me while going to whichever hellhole they're going to. They should be on feet where they'll taste my sword.

They have the chance to turn Classic (+) into the best game of this century.