donator Posts: 4
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

So Blizz stated that the Jintha'alor quests will be in phase 1, which mean Rune of the Guard Captain will be available and it's pretty much the biggest piece of catch up loot there is.

What are people's thoughts? I think it's a mistake, especially as I don't think there is anything like this for casters so it's a huge buff to Warriors, Rogues, Hunters and Druids for Phase 1.

Q: Could you specify a little about how you will handle quest hubs like Thorium Point, Silithus, Jintha’alor, as well as other “later phases” quests. Which will be available from the beginning of phase 1 and which will come later?
A: As /u/pazorax mentioned earlier, we want there to be some exploration and discovery to this, so I can’t dig super deep into exact specifics around when individual quests, items, or rep items will be available. Painting in broad strokes however, Thorium Point and Jintha’alor quests should be available during phase 1. Most quests in Cenarion Hold will be available during phase 5 along with the AQ Gate opening content. The general methodology was to make quests, recipes, items, and the like available when it makes sense to do so and feels relevant to the rest of the available content.

Escalotes
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Blizzard Entertainment
I can’t dig super deep into exact specifics
 Blizzard Entertainment
Painting in broad strokes
 Blizzard Entertainment
Most quests
Sounds like that one very specific quest and its one very specific reward will definitely be in phase 1.

Pluuf
Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Mulgore
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 83
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Biased, because I am Horde, I'm melee, and I don't mind certain QoL changes...but I'm fine with it if it's in game. :)

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ugh, and melee dps are already gonna destroy casters with so little +spell hit. :(

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It is surprising, because Blizzard have said they are adopting the 1.12 version of all items, but if the item wasn't available until phase 4 in vanilla, it wont be available until phase 4 in classic. I think maybe they have made an exception here to provide more fun group content to phase 1. It was always great to get a group together to run Jintha'alor for a couple of hours, with great reward at the end.

While I would agree it is a powerful trinket to get in Phase 1, I don't see it as game breaking. Having 1.12 talents and itemisation is probably a bigger buff than something like this.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It’s a very good trinket for melee, but not really a game changer.

Also it’s not like the quest to get it is easy. I imagine not all melee will have it. Many will probably abandon it altogether thinking they’re gonna find better stuff later.

US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

so for the new to classic guy I am...I played Late BC to panda. this trinket has plus hit and it was good for casters at one time I though. So just bc it says plus hit it isn't good for casters now?

Priest Holy
donator Posts: 20
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It's MELEE hit, not SPELL hit.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

That necro though.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 367
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
That necro though.
What's a necro?

Image    Image    Image
Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
What's a necro?
Necro'ing is when someone replies to a discussion that hasn't been active for a long time, (in this case) 2 months.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula