Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just a thread to show off the different UIs you had/plan to have for WoW.

These are my two most recent UIs before I stopped playing. Not sure yet if I'll try to recreate them for classic or stick to the default UI.

WoD:

Legion:

halot ClassicRaids
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 58
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I mean, those UI's are nice looking, but it doesn't really seem like they show any information.

Time
<MKULTRA>
SoD RP-PvP
Silithus
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My Portrait and the enemy portrait are supposed to be just below the center of the screen but their position kept randomly resetting during the latest Stress Test, but besides that this is my probably hilarious UI. Based heavily off of the UI I used on the modern game (with additions such as the swing timer), i've just grown to love it over time.

As you can see, i'm not much of a simple-UI lover, I love having information on my screen. And I love the style of Default. That tough jerky and refreshing spring water on my main action bar is a mistake, I musta not noticed them. I use a Logitech g600 with it's ring finger button bound to Left-Shift, so that's how I use all those buttons on that action bar.

EDIT: Details would normally be stretched upwards to fit snug right there, I set up my UI before I got my pet then forgot to fix it up

Time is on your side
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

When I get home I'll post a picture of mine in Legion doing Heroic/Mythic Antorus with my xbox controller and the interface looked similar to yours. Little to no information at all, maybe Recount! And that's it. not even boss/player frames. (And I always top the metters 1-3 dpsing).

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This is what it looks like in the stress test.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kolvacs wrote:
4 years ago
I mean, those UI's are nice looking, but it doesn't really seem like they show any information.
The colored bars are party health, which grow upward as more people join/raids are made. Bottom two bars are my health/targets health. Buffs in top right, debuffs appear bottom center to the left. Chat bottom left, which fades out over time. Cast bar is the grey bar. DPS/Healing chart, minimap, and player names are toggled on keybind. Most of the time don't need to see those. What more information is needed?

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caspus wrote:
4 years ago
This is from a Private server right? I'd like to know the addons to make it look like this.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Feralas
EU Mograine
donator Posts: 4
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Still missing swingtimer and will have to figure out where to put it, but apart from that, this will be it!

hailmary
Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caspus wrote:
4 years ago
This is from a private server right? Because i couldn't find KTM for Classic. I like your setup, mine will be somewhat similar

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 41
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My UI is on my signature. It's basically Blizzard UI, but with some tweaks and a lot of options.

Lost in the multiverse.
Author of AbyssUI and AbyssUI Classic
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caspus wrote:
4 years ago
SpoilerShow
I really like this setup. What addons you using to make this?

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Don't have a picture of mine because I was not in beta, but I've always been a bit of a purist. I just keep the default blizz ui with a couple essential addons, like DruidBar.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I couldn't find any picture of me doing mythics, weird... but I have this video that I've made on how to configure ConsolePort. Near the end of the video you can see my UI doing a normal Antorus run. Later in the expansion I did some tweaks.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Paladin Protection
US Deviate Delight
donator Posts: 167
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

On the top of my head these are the addons I've been running for a long time. There is some in game commands you have to do to pretty it up. It's not default like that. And yes this is on a private server. Im going to try and replicate it the best I can though.

LazyPig
Ace 2
Atlas
AtlasLoot Enhanced
Attack bar timer
Bagnon
BananaBar Raid Symbols
Banknon
Bartender2 Dreamlayout
Big Wigs Elysium
Buffalo
cartographer
classic Snowfall
Improved Error Frame
KLHThreatMeter
Luna Unit Frames
maff
Miks scrolling battle text
MiniCoords
MobHealth3
oCB3
Omni Cooldown Count
Outfitter
pallypower
postal
TheoryCraft
TomTom
TrinektMenu
VQueue
Xloot
FonTabulous
BuffBlock
SW_Stats
Simple Mini map
MoveAnything!

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This is from the most recent stress test> I was running Bartender4, Details damage meter, and Questie (so I could find additional quests)

Cowyousaid hailmary
Our time will come.
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@DoomC PM me your addons/setup, this is something I want to do down the track after the initial blizz interface hype. I want a really minimalist interface for maximum eyeball pleasure, leveling vibes, chill beats, damn - that is nice.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Westfall
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 47
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This is what mine will be when I login at Classic. Already changed the settings file to the correct server name:

What you don't see is Kui Nameplates that are on when in combat and off when out of combat. I recently also changed the action bar art so the outer texture is not visible. Just the icon with a neat border from a icon pack.

I like my UI clean.

Cowyousaid Stupeed hailmary
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
@DoomC PM me your addons/setup, this is something I want to do down the track after the initial blizz interface hype. I want a really minimalist interface for maximum eyeball pleasure, leveling vibes, chill beats, damn - that is nice.
Eyeball pleasure was at peak levels out of combat

These are the addons I was using at the time:
SpoilerShow

The Barrens
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 61
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thanks for everyone posting images, its fun to see :) I haven't played wow since 2006, and still waiting to login at classic release..

So I will try to add addons after I've played for a while.

Easycap
Gehennas EU PvP - Horde
<FIKA>
Hunter Beast Mastery
US Stalagg
donator Posts: 87
Orc
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Both are variations of ElvUI on a 3.3.5 server I play on.

Quicks - Orc Hunter - US Sulfuras
Chablo - Undead Mage - US Sulfuras

Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Waiting for Classic by Reverend Chris, on Flickr

This is my setup. Just waiting. Waiting, W a i t i n g.....

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Winterspring
donator Posts: 117
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

hailmary Shyneur Casp Skye Pippina couchatron Demogran Aazeo res Windstone Rinkusan Spiflicate Leandros
Human Warrior - Shazzrah Firemaw PVP
donator Posts: 30
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Really nice UI, OP. It looks fairly similar to what I ended up as my "perfect" UI. Basically everything hidden (except minimap, still couldn't figure out how to get rid of that. Maybe mouseover only out of combat?), then unit frames fade in with combat or target, as well as cooldown with the same conditionals. add a couple meters for raids, and you got all the info you need.
For classic, I plan to run nothing to 60. Then I'll see if I want to keep that retro feel with just a threat meter or whatever, or go for my full "exploration" UI/

DoomC
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ColdRain wrote:
4 years ago
Really nice UI, OP. It looks fairly similar to what I ended up as my "perfect" UI. Basically everything hidden (except minimap, still couldn't figure out how to get rid of that. Maybe mouseover only out of combat?), then unit frames fade in with combat or target, as well as cooldown with the same conditionals. add a couple meters for raids, and you got all the info you need.
For classic, I plan to run nothing to 60. Then I'll see if I want to keep that retro feel with just a threat meter or whatever, or go for my full "exploration" UI/
You don't need the minimap most of the time, so I toggled it with a button (which toggled the OPie addon). Same with tooltips and player names. I always found it odd how we have all this junk taking up screen space that half of the time we don't need to see. Why do I need to see threat meters, ability bar, minimap, etc. When I'm in town at the AH? Or why do I need to have chat from 30 mins ago still taking up screen space when I can just fade it out and see it on mouse over.

Not having all that crap on screen really brought the world to life. But I'll probably do something similar to you just for nostalgia sake. Use the downscaled default UI in the beginning until I get sick of it.