Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Reddit has started another server census. Still a small sample but Stalagg is surprisingly larger than Herod.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... ographics/

EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I don’t want to stay on Shazz, but my vanilla guild is reuniting and attempts to convince ~30 people to move have failed.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place; meaning between my stubborn guildies and a company that thought 2 PvP servers were enough on “pre-order” day.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... 1/262141/1

Read this. Understand the final paragraph when you try and wrap your head around how many people will be on your server. Particularly for those who played Vanilla on a full or high server where queues were commonplace. I will be on Blaumeux because it will already have more people on it than any server I played on in Vanilla and I remember how hard it was to come by resources and tag world bosses.

Our time will come.
Mulgore
donator Posts: 96
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Said it in the other thread already, but I relocated my entire guild to Firemaw away from Shazzrah. Quite a lot of our members were very worried and it became obvious that we might simply just lose members, either simply quitting due to the 3 hour queues, or from moving to another server while we remained.
By moving while the server is still medium we basically all managed to get the names we wanted (think I've counted 3 folks so far that lost out on the name they really wanted), and even though absolutely every single server is likely to have queues at launch, at least Firemaw cannot possibly be as bad as Shazzrah which has been full for ages and Blizzard claims people are STILL making chars on despite being full for ages. They've been out saying that even the medium realms are more populated than even the most crowded vanilla servers ever were, and that anything above medium will have queues, so definitely happy with our choice. I never really understood the fascination with mega servers anyway, doesn't seem to have much community about it to me.
Hoping to see many fellow horde on Firemaw, we've got a bit more space in the guild too!

Making a EU Horde day-raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested or have a look at our forum http://mbh.epizy.com or discord https://discord.gg/7AKguup :)
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I went back and spread my three out between servers and plan on starting on which ever of those servers has the lowest pop on launch. Of course there's a good chance they could all be full real quick which means I may lay off a few days before jumping into the game.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I didn't bother taking any time off work for the launch. I was really considering doing that, but decided to kind of play it by feel. When I saw how few servers blizz opened at first, the writing was kind of on the wall that queues are going to be guaranteed for a while. Fairbanks is a high pop server now, we're going to have queues. I'm going to try to get in on launch day, but I'll still be going to work that morning. It's gonna be rough trying to actually get in for a while.

Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
I didn't bother taking any time off work for the launch. I was really considering doing that, but decided to kind of play it by feel. When I saw how few servers blizz opened at first, the writing was kind of on the wall that queues are going to be guaranteed for a while. Fairbanks is a high pop server now, we're going to have queues. I'm going to try to get in on launch day, but I'll still be going to work that morning. It's gonna be rough trying to actually get in for a while.
I only took Thursday and Friday off because Monday is a holiday for us so I get a nice long weekend without taking too much PTO off at work!
I might try to log in on tuesday and wednesday at night to seyup my ui and get ready to level thursday but Im not gonna go crazy with the release day it will be brutal!!

Friend and I decide to switch to Skeram from Stalagg in hopes of not a huge queue come play time.
But I have a feeling all the servers will be Full come tuesday lol

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Tanaris
donator Posts: 20
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm assuming that all listed servers at this time will all be full with lengthy queues. I'm surprised how conservative blizzard is being with the number of servers. I think they are underestimating the tsunami of people who will be storming into these servers come launch day.
I'm currently planning on playing Herod still with my fingers crossed that i'll be able to play on launch day.

Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 75
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I did it. I switched to Skeram. I can't be bothered with a maxed-out server. Tha's just me though, lol.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

sonar wrote:
4 years ago
I'm currently planning on playing Herod still with my fingers crossed that i'll be able to play on launch day.
Yeah good luck

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... -21/262141
 Blizzard Entertainment
During this process, we have seen a regular trend where characters keep being made on Full realms. Each of the Full realms has a LOT of characters to the extent that it may be more than can fit into the queue system. As a result, you may not be able to get into the queue when you want to play and even if you do, it will likely be a very long wait
Unless blizzard creates a queue to get into the queue, there may be too many players to even fit into the queue on launch day over at Herod :lol:

Hope you didn't take time off work.

Tanaris
donator Posts: 20
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

For Herod, it's either wait a day or two to play or switch server. I might just have to switch.

donator Posts: 26
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

my friends and I have decided to move off of Pagle for Westfall on Monday when it opens.

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

huntarorc wrote:
4 years ago
my friends and I have decided to move off of Pagle for Westfall on Monday when it opens.
Oof. I really wanted to stay on Pagle but I might have to migrate.

Either to Westfall or the RP server Bloodsail Buccaneers.

I think a fiasco that is flying below the radar is that people keep talking about overcrowding on Herod, but the RPPvP servers are super, super full. Overflowing even. And after Blizzard not even wanting to provide an RPPvP server at all, now they might be forced to open a second one.

I also have many gripes with the server names. Like yeah, Old Blanchy and Bigglesworth is funny for a few minutes, but I'd never play there. Also...they made a server called Westfall for the Eastern timezone? Galaxy brain.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 75
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
a server called Westfall for the Eastern timezone? Galaxy brain
I LOL'd irl XD

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
a server called Westfall for the Eastern timezone? Galaxy brain
I LOL'd irl XD
Someone on Reddit said they just needed to pick a name that was Alliance-esque to pull Alliance players off of Pagle, but I feel like there are better options. I mean a better server name that would shit on both Westfall and the two aforementioned meme name servers would be the Night's Watch. Maybe they're holding that for another RPPvP server, but it'd be great for the GoT memes.

But even something like the server called Bolvar would be really cool to attract alliance players. The server name Fordragon exists but is a Russian server. I think you could get away with Bolvar as a server name, though Blizz seems highly hesitant to have names w/ the same name.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So how does the free transferring works atm? Is it possible to choose which low pop server I wanna transfer to or is it still fixed so there is a tunnel to just one designated one?

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf