Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I was watching a bunch of youtube's videos about rare location in Vanilla Wow and an idea arised in my mind: wouldn't be cool RPing a sort of Hunter's League with some events directed towards hunting down/killing the various rares? Anyone that would be up for this (on RP realm of course :D)? I would find it interesting for my hunter alt

Mambo Pluuf
Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Hunter Beast Mastery
donator Posts: 18
Troll
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

As someone who's going to be maining a Hunter in Classic WoW, I really appreciate this idea! Unfortunately, I will be based on the PvE Mirage Raceway realm and will therefore not really be able to RP much or attend any of these events. However, maybe someone on our server will take this idea and run with it in a PvE environment.

fendor
Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'll be maining a hunter on grobbulus, and I like this idea. Although personally I'd rather focus it on hunting players like bounty hunters.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yeah, you could improvise a Hunter's Lodge. Could pick a house or meeting spot in Orgrimmar.

fendor
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah, you could improvise a Hunter's Lodge. Could pick a house or meeting spot in Orgrimmar.
Cool idea, didn't think a bout a base. Will surely expand upon this. Since my hunter will be on alliance the hunter lodges in Loch Modan could suffice :-)

• Fendor - Tauren Shaman
Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 83
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I would pick a base in a city if I were you, there are plenty in Old Town, Stormwind for example. If you stay in the city you are more likely to recruit new members :)

Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

fendor wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Cool idea, didn't think a bout a base. Will surely expand upon this. Since my hunter will be on alliance the hunter lodges in Loch Modan could suffice :-)
Ah, if it's alliance, then yeah. Though I think using an empty house in Ironforge is probably better just for it being a central location. It's a short flight to Loch Modan, but still extra time. Go find the house in IF with a bear rug and you're set!

Pluuf fendor
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

While I don't plan on playing an rp server, that's a really good idea. If I did end up making an rp character I'd be interested for sure.

Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Do Rogues use Ravenholdt very much on RP servers?

Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Hope they use it, is one of the most underused location in the whole Azeroth

• Fendor - Tauren Shaman
Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

fendor wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Hope they use it, is one of the most underused location in the whole Azeroth
The OG class hall.

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's funny that a lot of people think it is interesting but are not willing to roll on an RP server. Why do you guys think that is? In this thread alone we already got @Mambo & @centurion mentioning it.

Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pluuf wrote:
4 years ago
It's funny that a lot of people think it is interesting but are not willing to roll on an RP server. Why do you guys think that is? In this thread alone we already got @Mambo & @centurion mentioning it.
I'm still willing to go on an RP server. I'm on Pagle right now, but kinda worrying about queue time and maybe too many kids/toxic people. Thought I was escaping that by not rolling in PvP server, but maybe not.

I also have no clue what my time commitment can be for the game down the road, so maybe an RP server would be more casual and work better for me.

Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pluuf wrote:
4 years ago
In my opinion there's a bit of misconception on the ffact that you DON'T have to always RP. A lot of people are convinced that RP servers == always IC. This means that population are usually lower and for this fact alone many players avoid this kind of servers. Other than that I don't know :-)

• Fendor - Tauren Shaman
Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
I'm still willing to go on an RP server. I'm on Pagle right now, but kinda worrying about queue time and maybe too many kids/toxic people. Thought I was escaping that by not rolling in PvP server, but maybe not.

I also have no clue what my time commitment can be for the game down the road, so maybe an RP server would be more casual and work better for me.
I made my decision to roll RPPVP in EU based on those factors. And now that I'm reading up on all these kinds of awesome ideas I regret nothing.
fendor wrote:
4 years ago
In my opinion there's a bit of misconception on the ffact that you DON'T have to always RP. A lot of people are convinced that RP servers == always IC. This means that population are usually lower and for this fact alone many players avoid this kind of servers. Other than that I don't know :-)
Yes, I think that's a common misconception. It's actually really interesting, RP just adds an additional layer of gameplay to your server, which is especially interesting considering we are playing a 14 year old game and if all is well we are not receiving any updates on content: A dynamic layer of gameplay should add enough diversity to keep people playing for more reasons than just the gear treadmill.

Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Totally agree with you @Pluuf , tried once and never went back. In my spare time I RPed as a merchant and it was so funny to have extra things to do that I could just made up by myself. Really awesome. Moreover it enhance the soaicl aspect even more!

• Fendor - Tauren Shaman
Winterspring
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 146
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If I roll a character on a RP server difenetely I'll roll one around a conpcet like this

daisyKutter - Troll Protection Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Horde
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This sounds amazing, reminds me of the Hunter's League from Final Fantasy XII. (You can buy it on Steam, best game ever btw).

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

fendor wrote:
4 years ago
Totally agree with you @Pluuf , tried once and never went back. In my spare time I RPed as a merchant and it was so funny to have extra things to do that I could just made up by myself. Really awesome. Moreover it enhance the soaicl aspect even more!
@Pluuf

Am I missing out tremendously by playing RP instead of RPPvP? I just don't have the time to get ganked. But are the world PvP events worth?

Rogue Subtlety
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 289
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
fendor wrote:
4 years ago
@Pluuf

Am I missing out tremendously by playing RP instead of RPPvP? I just don't have the time to get ganked. But are the world PvP events worth?
It really just comes down to whether you care about the ability to wpvp or not. For me, wpvp while questing or doing whatever is the most important aspect of the game. I tried playing turning off pvp for about 10 minutes in bfa (I've never rolled on a pve server), and it absolutely ruined the experience for me not to be able to fight the other faction.

But that's me. I care about wpvp, I don't mind getting ganked, and the game is not fun without wpvp. If you don't care about being able to fight random people you see, and you do really hate being ganked, roll plain RP instead of RPPVP for sure.

As for me, I'll be on Grobbulus.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US