Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 62
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is there a viable daggers build that can be used both in PvP and PvE without respeccing? Or maybe I could just go to dungeons with my pvp build and respec once a week into a pve build for raiding?

Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 124
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'd advise you to join the rogue classic discord cause their channel will have a whole load of info and resources for rogues to browse over and consider. You should be able to find good stuff about builds there, but really i'd say that it wouldn't make too much difference if you're not a human with sword spec, you could be able to find a hybrid build that would still be okay to do in raiding, depends on how strict your guild is about your role in the raid i suppose. But you def do not want to be respeccing once a week because that would end up costing an almighty shitload of gold

Aubz

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kuro wrote:
4 years ago
Or maybe I could just go to dungeons with my pvp build and respec once a week into a pve build for raiding?
I don't have an answer for your question, but do you have any idea how much it costs to respec in classic? It gets more expensive every time until capping off at 50G. Which means after a handful of weeks respecing twice (From PVP > to PVE > back to PVP again) you're looking at spending 100G per week, every week, just on respec fees. For perspective, that's the cost of a level 40 mount every single week :lol:

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 83
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just raid in PvP spec; people can't inspect your talent trees anyway and then you won't make the Ret Paladins and Oomkins look bad ;-)

s1atan
Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 62
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thank you guys for replies!

Pluuf wrote:
4 years ago
people can't inspect your talent trees anyway
This is cool, good for RPing a shady rogue :D

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Kuro I just remembered, ShadowPanther did quite an extensive research on the qualities of a NE Rogue, you should definitely check out his results to push you over the edge of rolling a NE if you're still in doubt: https://shadowpanther.net/stealthtest.htm :grin:

Mythric
Badlands
donator Posts: 6
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Swords are better for rogues....but play what you like..hard to always stay behind enemies where a dagger shines..swords dont matter

Hunter Marksman
EU Zandalar Tribe
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Rubmytotem wrote:
4 years ago
Swords are better for rogues....but play what you like..hard to always stay behind enemies where a dagger shines..swords dont matter
Not true since you want to be behind the boss to avoid dodge & parry with swords too.

Winterspring
donator Posts: 117
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

For PVE and PVP, maybe something like this. PVP builds generally work 100% for dungeons, certain people will be very strict when it comes to raiding but I'm sure you'll easily find raid groups with leaders who don't really care too much what your build is like, especially as a 100% DPS player.

Human Warrior - Shazzrah Firemaw PVP