Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Let's try to keep politics off this board guys.

Gensei rijndael Lendryn Skye
Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
Wrong. The deliberate creation of a housing bubble by the government was what led to the 2007 financial crisis, and everyone with a decent understanding of economics knew it would lead to a crash because the exact same thing happens every time the government creates a bubble.
Which was done under the pretense that a mass mortage default was not possible since they were consulting data from boom years when mortages were very stable.

Undercity
donator Posts: 126
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Let's try to keep politics off this board guys.
seconded

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
Which was done under the pretense that a mass mortage default was not possible since they were consulting data
> implying that politicians ever consult data

ROFL

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
EU Gandling
donator Posts: 88
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shazzrah (EU) has received a similar message today, however the new pvp server, Gehennas, is already High.

I don’t see any way of avoiding the queues really. This release might end up being a train wreck.

Which, i think we can all agree, is the authentic Vanilla experience.

Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Vlostek wrote:
4 years ago
I don’t see any way of avoiding the queues really. This release might end up being a train wreck.

Let's hope so! :lol:

My reputation is clean.
donator Posts: 17
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
I am having a hard time deciding if i should change to the less crowded server (Gehennas) My friends would probably join me, but we would have to find a new guild. I dont think the queues will be to bad come launch with all the layers, but when we get to phase 2 and they remove layers the queues wont be fast and could last hours. I dont have as much time as i did back in vanilla so i dont want to spend what ever time i have sitting in a queue.
I've moved to Gehennas due to the sole fact I want to play on release day and not be stuck in a que with mass crashing. Added bonus I actually got my name I wanted as well.

Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 204
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Vlostek wrote:
4 years ago
Shazzrah (EU) has received a similar message today, however the new pvp server, Gehennas, is already High.

I think it's fair to say they should open up more :lol:

Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Orgrimmar
donator Posts: 48
Horde
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Rolopolo wrote:
4 years ago
Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
I am having a hard time deciding if i should change to the less crowded server (Gehennas) My friends would probably join me, but we would have to find a new guild. I dont think the queues will be to bad come launch with all the layers, but when we get to phase 2 and they remove layers the queues wont be fast and could last hours. I dont have as much time as i did back in vanilla so i dont want to spend what ever time i have sitting in a queue.
I've moved to Gehennas due to the sole fact I want to play on release day and not be stuck in a que with mass crashing. Added bonus I actually got my name I wanted as well.
Make no mistake come launch Gehennas will be just a crowded as so many players are waiting for the 26/27th to resub again.

Gandling EU
Mulgore
donator Posts: 12
Troll
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm going to just relax and wait for the release. Probably it will be a mess no matter how many servers they add. But i know for sure -- it is going to be unforgettable experience :)

cactusjuice
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Right now, there's a LOT of chatter in Modern realms trade chat about Classic, and numerous people are saying things like "I know five people who plan on playing classic and only one of them has reserved their names" or "I know ten people who plan on playing classic and NONE of them have reserved their names". The existing name reservations alone have almost completely filled up the existing servers.

These people in trade chat might be totally full of crap, but Blizzard needs to consider the possibility that they have underestimated demand for this by a whole order of magnitude and launch day will be a shitshow the likes of which they've never seen. I'd expect at least a doubling in the number of available realms within the first week.

My reputation is clean.
Deleted User 2577
donator Posts:
Deleted User 2577
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Im on a private server and will be leaving along with the most people on there to classic.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 1
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
It's not blizzard's fault that people are being idiots and all piling onto Herod despite there being 3 other perfectly good East coast PvP realms. They should just randomly reassign half of all Herod characters to Stalagg.
Sure it is. The onus of population balance is not on the players shoulders. The servers should have soft caps on them so that this doesnt happen in the first place. Why can you continue to make characters on a full realm endlessly? Its dumb.
I guess this isn't the original Stfuppercut

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
It's not blizzard's fault that people are being idiots and all piling onto Herod despite there being 3 other perfectly good East coast PvP realms. They should just randomly reassign half of all Herod characters to Stalagg.
Sure it is. The onus of population balance is not on the players shoulders. The servers should have soft caps on them so that this doesnt happen in the first place. Why can you continue to make characters on a full realm endlessly? Its dumb.
It's a complex issue. You can't just put a hard cap in place.

What happens if they put a lock on Fairbanks today, no new players. Your buddy you used to play with back in the day wants to hop on and run with you. Too late, server's locked, he's shit out of luck?

I don't like that idea. Instead, Blizzard is putting up red flashing lights all over the place going 'get off the full realms you retards', but if people keep ignoring the 'this server is full you should REALLY consider a different one' warning then they'll get to sit their ass in line and wait. If enough people don't like the wait, they'll get the point and move. If enough guilds trying to race to the top get enough of their core members stuck in 10 hour queues, they'll figure it out and move.

Maybe blizzard should change the UI so in order to join full realms it'll make you type the words verbatim "I understand that this realm is full, I understand that I'm being retarded, and I also understand that I am probably also going to sit my ass in a 12 hour queue every single day. If I complain about this later on the forums then I acknowledge being a retard in advance." And they can only proceed to make a character on that realm after typing that into a box, perfectly typed word for word. If people still jump onto those realms after typing all that because they 'want to be where the fun is' because they think a medium pop server is going to be empty then it's on them :lol:

Yeah the situation sucks, but that's where we are at now. Blizzard obviously has population targets on each server based on how they think server decay will play out. I just hope their planning ends up working out in the long run.

Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Blizzard is putting up red flashing lights all over the place going 'get off the full realms you retards'
It's nice to know that SOMEONE has noticed my signature :)
Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe blizzard should change the UI so in order to join full realms it'll make you type the words verbatim "I understand that this realm is full, I understand that I'm being retarded, and I also understand that I am probably also going to sit my ass in a 12 hour queue every single day. If I complain about this later on the forums then I acknowledge being a retard in advance." And they can only proceed to make a character on that realm after typing that into a box, perfectly typed word for word.
I agree with this idea 100%. In fact, I think Blizzard should hire you for this idea alone.

Pippina

My reputation is clean.
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
It's a complex issue. You can't just put a hard cap in place.

What happens if they put a lock on Fairbanks today, no new players. Your buddy you used to play with back in the day wants to hop on and run with you. Too late, server's locked, he's shit out of luck?
Then you will be incentivized to change realms so that you can play with him. The alternative is that players will endlessly stack on a full realm and cause massive launch issues. Players being forced to change realms to accommodate their friends is actually EXCELLENT for server balance - we WANT THIS!

The 200 person guild that jumps on the "full realm" makes the situation worse. When that same guild gets cut off at 100 members, they will be forced to go to a lower pop realm and contribute to server balance. This is what we want.

I like the idea of a soft cap. Perhaps there could be lenience within this cap to accommodate additional players on the underpopulated faction etc or perhaps these soft caps could be relinquished as we get closer to launch or shortly after launch. The issue with allowing people to lock into a full realm is that they will be committed. The likelihood of a guild moving AFTER they have locked into a realm and see the wait queue of 5 hours, is unrealistic. If they opt to move, the guild will likely unravel and fall apart; its simply too late. Coordinating 100-200 people to reserve on a realm is challenging enough, trying to get them to reroll on launch day due to queue times, simply will not happen. The issue needs to be addressed before launch with server caps or it simply will not happen.
Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah the situation sucks, but that's where we are at now. Blizzard obviously has population targets on each server based on how they think server decay will play out. I just hope their planning ends up working out in the long run.
And I am SOOOO damn curious what those numbers are... What is a server? What are their anticipated retention rates??? Ughhh - so curious.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What, exactly, is a "soft cap" in this context? Something akin to Pippina's "write this text verbatim" idea?

My reputation is clean.
Druid Feral
donator Posts: 49
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stalagg has reached High population status.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kaiju wrote:
4 years ago
I know a lot of players in Herod who have created a character in Stalagg (myself included). My guess is that in such cases Blizzard is counting the player against the population of both servers. Many players will wait until launch day to make a decision based on the size of the queues.

Druid Feral
donator Posts: 49
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Kaiju wrote:
4 years ago
I know a lot of players in Herod who have created a character in Stalagg (myself included). My guess is that in such cases Blizzard is counting the player against the population of both servers. Many players will wait until launch day to make a decision based on the size of the queues.
Yep, that'll be the most telling of how populated a server is. I'm fully aware that the realm pop is based on number of created characters.

Deleted User 2577
donator Posts:
Deleted User 2577
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
Agreed. I've been reading a book on predictions and this is what's known as an out-of-sample fallacy; making a projection based on historical data that doesn't include all possible outcomes. I.E.: you get smashed at the bar and decide you'll drive home because you've been driving home from work for years and always made it without an accident.

The same reasoning led to the 2007 financial crisis.
Wrong. The deliberate creation of a housing bubble by the government was what led to the 2007 financial crisis, and everyone with a decent understanding of economics knew it would lead to a crash because the exact same thing happens every time the government creates a bubble.
I like you.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Blizzard Entertainment
Da derzeit beide deutschsprachigen Realms voll sind und es somit bei der Veröffentlichung von WoW Classic zu langen Warteschlangen kommen kann, werden wir am Dienstag, dem 20. August um 20:00 Uhr MESZ zwei neue deutschsprachige Realms für Namensreservierungen bereitstellen:

Name Typ Sprache
Razorfen Normal Deutsch
Venoxis PvP Deutsch

Wir empfehlen Spielern von Everlook und Lucifron, über einen Wechsel auf einen dieser Realms nachzudenken. Dies trägt dazu bei, die Spielerpopulation vor der Veröffentlichung so gleichmäßig wie möglich zu verteilen und das beste Spielerlebnis für alle zu bieten.
Source

Germany is getting two new realms today - Razorfen and Venoxis.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What do you guys think about this idea? I found it on the classic subreddit:

A little bit of out of the box thinking, but seems like it solves the problem of people bitching about already having their names set up.

Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Blizzard Entertainment
The existing PvP realms all now have either a Full or High population tag. With the potential for extended queues on the Full realms, and 10,000+ queues on Shazzrah, we are opening another English PvP realm on Tuesday, August 20 at 8:00 p.m. CEST:

Firemaw – PvP – English
We urge players on PvP realms to consider moving to this realm. Doing so will help spread the player population as evenly as possible before launch and provide the best play experience for everyone.
Source
 Blizzard Entertainment
The existing PvP realms all now have either a Full or High population tag. With the potential for extended queues on the Full realms, and 10,000+ queues on Herod, we are opening two new PvP realms on Monday, August 19 at 6:00 p.m. PDT:

Blaumeux – PvP – Pacific Time Zone
Skeram – PvP – Eastern Time Zone
We urge players on PvP realms to consider moving to one of these realms. Doing so will help spread the player population as evenly as possible before launch and provide the best play experience for everyone.
Source

Lendryn mwaf
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Keep the posts about new realms in this thread please.

Erik