Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Was curious after reading this post so i did a little research. This post sums it up:

Again, no files are altered and Reshade/sweetFX are post-processing graphical filters that display client side only. The application works by simply injecting a graphical filter between the graphical information provided by WoW to your graphics card for rendering. This is why SweetFX/reshade is standalone and can be used for ANY game, you can then adjust the sweetfx.ini or the in-game sweetfx/reshade menu to adjust the filter to your liking. Ignore the mis-information that this changes files. I emphatically can assure you it does not, it is a client-side graphical injector that acts post-process and extant of WoW as an application, merely interacting with the rendering of WoW on your display through your GPU.

Undercity
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 17
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Looks really great!

I also played around with ReShade during the stress test, but unfortunately I couldn't get it working with ISBoxer. If anyone knows of a way to make it work I would love to know.

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If ReShade could ignore the UI it would be much more practical.

Druid Feral
donator Posts: 49
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Artmos wrote:
4 years ago
Looks really great!

I also played around with ReShade during the stress test, but unfortunately I couldn't get it working with ISBoxer. If anyone knows of a way to make it work I would love to know.
http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5291

likely wont happen with modern windows.

Artmos
Winterspring
donator Posts: 117
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Eh, just up your saturation with nVidia control panel or whatever AMD has that is equivalent. 100% not bannable!
If that happened to be the case with ReShade.

Human Warrior - Shazzrah Firemaw PVP
donator Posts: 12
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ariba wrote:
4 years ago
Eh, just up your saturation with nVidia control panel or whatever AMD has that is equivalent. 100% not bannable!
If that happened to be the case with ReShade.
Omg. How haven't I thought of this before? This is going to make Azeroth even so much more beautiful!

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

hailmary wrote:
4 years ago
Omg. How haven't I thought of this before? This is going to make Azeroth even so much more beautiful!
Have you seen what the game looks like now with the 1.13 client? The 'classic' graphics preset is 3/10. You can crank the graphics all the way up to ultra on everything and get modern sunshafts, water effects, view distances, etc. Even with using the original models and textures, the modern engine already makes the game look amazing. Throw some stuff like this on top and you're going to have fun.

donator Posts: 12
Night Elf
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
hailmary wrote:
4 years ago
Have you seen what the game looks like now with the 1.13 client? The 'classic' graphics preset is 3/10. You can crank the graphics all the way up to ultra on everything and get modern sunshafts, water effects, view distances, etc. Even with using the original models and textures, the modern engine already makes the game look amazing. Throw some stuff like this on top and you're going to have fun.
Right?? All we need now is updated models, animations and spell effects......kidding. Or am I? Hmm.

But yesss, it's going to be much prettier now compared to the real vanilla!

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I can get the same effect by squinting.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.