Mage Frost
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 16
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This was just confirmed by Kaivax. How do you guys feel about this?

Thunder Bluff
donator Posts: 68
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

That's strange. I didn't expect for that to be something that will be pushed back.
It'll be a lot harder for those trying to race to 60 and complete everything as quick as possible.

I wish they could at least give a timeframe for when it might be out so it's not left to our imaginations.

Nala - Feral Druid - Grobbulus
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee"
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

> won't be there at launch
> is coming in the first patch

Not like it's coming in phase 6, or not coming at all. I didn't know it wasn't going to be in the game right away, but whatever. It's coming soon.

Stfuppercut
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Couldn't care less. Very minimal issue for most people. Can live with or without it. Its a bit of a creature comfort but I can survive without it just fine.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What does this mean?
the Keyring has always been a part of WoW.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

No, it was added to the original game in patch 1.11. Adding the keyring in was not part of their content release plan though, so I guess it's just broken right now. Looks like they're adding it in a patch when they have time to fix it.

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Damn, I guess I'll have to carry that centaur key around for a looong time ZULUL

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Whelp as a key collector this is gonna be tough. Hopefully they do mean patch and not phase, so it will be introduced sooner than 3 months or so.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Most meaningful keys dont sit on your keyring anyhow. This is a very minor issue guys. Relax. Guess what im going to do with the SM key after im out of the level range for SM? Delete it. Move on. When the keyring gets implemented later, I can get the earlier useless keys quickly anyhow.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

:: laughs in soul shardish ::

Nyxt Midera
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@pan0phobik Never been a warlock that had to deal with soul shards in their bag so *gulp* in for a treat!
Yeah keyring is minor, you can store it in the bank and get it when needed!

Its a big help but hey now when they patch it, we all will be like, OMGz ITS GloRiOUS! Save so much space, thanXXXX BliZZZ!

But if they say you cant create a rogue character until next patch... :wink:

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Silithus
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Well snap, I kept telling everybody that the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=5020/kolkar-booty-key and the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=4882/benedicts-key didn't go into the Keyring. This made me look into it more, it turns out I appear to be wrong!

Time is on your side
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm a panda baby. What's a keyring?

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Kazukii I took your signature idea if you dont mind!

I liked it and made it a little different!

Kazukii
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 375
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's...bizarre? Is the keyring that cumbersome of a system to add into the game?

I think the only issue is that now keys will take up bag slots, which is a huge pain in the ass. I mean yeah, it'll get patched in later, but like, 90% of the keys you need in the game are all in Phase 1 content.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
I'm a panda baby. What's a keyring?
Lots of doors/gates/stuff in the vanilla world require keys to access. For example, when you roll up to Scarlet Monastery for the first time, you can freely access the Graveyard and the Library, but the instance portals to Armory and Cathedral are behind doors you can't right-click to open. You need the key that drops from a chest at the very end of the Library.

There are lots of keys, mostly for 5-10 man dungeons in Phase 1 content. If you were to lug around all these keys, they'd take up a fair number of bag slots. The key ring is basically an extra "bag" that exists next to your bag slots on the hotbar, and its where all your keys are stored. Like the mount tab in the Pandaria UI, or something like it. Maybe pets (I've not played since WoD). But yeah. Just a way to store items without using actual inventory space.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
It's...bizarre? Is the keyring that cumbersome of a system to add into the game?
Well, it's there but it's broken apparently. I'd imagine Blizzard has a whole list of things they know is broken but have to prioritize what they fix first. Right now their priority is on opening the gates to everybody to start playing in 11 short days. It's almost go time. Whatever they can't fix before go time will come in a patch afterwards.

Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Well, it's there but it's broken apparently. I'd imagine Blizzard has a whole list of things they know is broken but have to prioritize what they fix first. Right now their priority is on opening the gates to everybody to start playing in 11 short days. It's almost go time. Whatever they can't fix before go time will come in a patch afterwards.
Oh certainly. I'm sure they have their priorities and keyrings are not on the top of that list. I'm just surprised keyrings would be so problematic. That being said I work at a tech startup and its usually that way. The small stuff that seems really simple is what's most broken.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
4 years ago
Oh certainly. I'm sure they have their priorities and keyrings are not on the top of that list. I'm just surprised keyrings would be so problematic. That being said I work at a tech startup and its usually that way. The small stuff that seems really simple is what's most broken.
Yeah, then you also gotta factor in that every time you fix something that fix usually breaks 3-4 other things down the line that you weren't expecting :lol:

They're probably locked in with a golden image right now, only huge game breaking things would probably be under consideration this late in the game prior to launch.

We're almost home lads.