Here it is, the smoking gun:

Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Maybe that guy should just roll on a PvE server, it sounds like PvP servers isnt his thing (what a douche bag). I hope he gets stream sniped all day long.

blue vanillalad Merode Cram Kaiju
The Barrens
donator Posts: 5
Orc
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe that guy should just roll on a PvE server, it sounds like PvP servers isnt his thing (what a douche bag). I hope he gets stream sniped all day long.
I know right?! I freakin’ hate that man child. Anyone watching him should feel embarrassed.

Grindhouse
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I mean... It makes sense right. All of this was in response to people saying they would make a list of streamers and hunt them. While being stream sniped is part of his job, streaming is part of his job... If I was in his shoes I would likely consider my options too. At this point we have a safe server. We have Fairbanks. If you dont want to play with streamers or south americans and you are in NA, you play on Fairbanks.

I dont watch streamers but I have seen this clip taken out of context many many times... A guild was posting on reddit that they would blacklist streamers and their fans. The were going as far as to create an addon to blacklist these players. Those who didnt have the addon would have their chat messages blocked etc from those who did have the addon. Players who grouped with or aided the streamers became blacklisted as well. While I dont think this addon would have impacted the entire server, It had A LOT of traction. This would have fragmented the server community and ruined the play experience for sure.

While I am actively avoiding streamers, this was a reasonable response given the circumstances. Context is important. I get that you dont like streamers. I dont either. But they were strategic enough to tell us where they DONT plan on rolling... So take advantage of it and avoid them and their fans, roll on Fairbanks.

Cletus Rinkusan
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I can't wait to see what kind of griefing videos are going to start coming out of streamer servers. I'm rolling Fairbanks too, so I'm not going to be on one of the streamer servers. But at this point it seems like half the fun is going to come from people organizing entire PvP guilds just to harass these guys :lol:

Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
But they were strategic enough to tell us where they DONT plan on rolling... So take advantage of it and avoid them and their fans, roll on Fairbanks.
Asmongold has said he's rolling wherever he feels like it, and either coast will suit his latency just fine. If you're reserving names or rolling in the first hour - be careful because he's said he may not announce until launch...and at that point it's more like getting found out.

Kaiju
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Are there any British streamers to worry about?

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Linguine wrote:
4 years ago
Asmongold has said he's rolling wherever he feels like it, and either coast will suit his latency just fine. If you're reserving names or rolling in the first hour - be careful because he's said he may not announce until launch...and at that point it's more like getting found out.
Asmon is also planning on rolling with Esfand in the same guild. Esfand, tips, staysafe and a few others are all part of the same group of friends. Each one of them has expressed that they intend on rolling together. While Asmon may not announce where he is rolling, we will have a good idea as soon as one of the others locks in on Aug. 12th.

Now if it were me... I'd do as they have and explicitly list 2 servers we are NOT rolling on. That allows them to dodge all of the people who dont want to play with them (they arent playing on Thalnos or Fairbanks). Then on name reserves (Aug 12/13), I would do a bait and switch and tell all my fans 1 of the other two servers (Faelina / Herod) and would then roll on the opposite on launch day. Their fans will follow regardless, but having a 1 hour jump on them will be massive in terms of getting ahead and getting into a dungeon to level. I think most streamers will be doing dungeon leveling if they are playing on a PvP realm for obvious reasons.

Asmon can say hes rolling wherever he feels like, but he wants content. Being the oddman out of the streamer server is bad for business when the other group is organizing events and networking. The reality here is that every server will have streamers, but the big names will likely magnetize towards eachother, as they have done in retail, as they did on the beta and as they have illicitly said they want to do in Classic.

Being a streamer on a PvP server is rough... Being the ONLY major streamer on a PvP server is suicide. They will migrate together.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
But at this point it seems like half the fun is going to come from people organizing entire PvP guilds just to harass these guys :lol:
This will be 100% the case. You will have 1/2 of the streamer fanbase that seeks acknowledgement by following the streamer and defending/helping him or just trading him large lump sums of gold or valuable items. You will have the other 1/2 that seek to kill the streamer for their 5 seconds of stream fame. You will have the greater body of players who are influenced by the streamer and whether that influence leads to trying to kill the streamer and their followers or by simply attempting to nullify the streamers impact by socially isolating him and his followers the result is the same...

The streamer is on a pedestal and the streamer is the point of focus for the entire community. Those who seek to serve him and those who seek to destroy him are the same. They elevate him to the top of the pile and spend their time seeking his attention... Whether they want to make him happy or mad is irrelevant. They all want to be acknowledged. Its some cult level shit.

Herrington Falcon
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The guy has no idea what he's talking about. Every good guild will think, what do I care what soda says, honestly.
And in the end all the good guilds snipe him or other streamers at least I hope it will be so, that would be good.

Cram
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I agree with Stfuppercut that any form of participation in this, whether it is helping or hunting streamers is just making the streamer problem worse. Just avoid and ignore them.

Play your own game you were waiting for.

Alnir
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
4 years ago
I agree with Stfuppercut that any form of participation in this, whether it is helping or hunting streamers is just making the streamer problem worse. Just avoid and ignore them.
Yea, I couldn't agree more. I think its hilarious that many of the anti-streamers spend so much time justifying their realm choice by saying that they will hunt the streamers lol... Its the exact same fixation and the exact same attention as someone who admires the streamer. Its all content for the streamer. Get ganked for 24 hours straight? Makes a great youtube clip! Get given 1000g by a player on week 3? Makes a great youtube clip!

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Paladin Protection
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 114
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
I mean... It makes sense right. All of this was in response to people saying they would make a list of streamers and hunt them.
The issue I take with it is streamers will automatically assume they are getting streamsniped every time they get killed. Soda is simply going on a powertrip where he gets to abuse his followers to make like difficult for players that may have just been playing the game normally.

What should everyone else do? Should streamers be immune to ganking when they choose to play on a PvP server? Should people intentionally avoid them in case it seems like streamsniping? Ofcourse not, this is absurd.

I really dont see the problem.. Streamers choose of their own free will to put themselves out there. They can easily turn on the delay function if they really wanted to, but that would interfere with their income.

What pisses me off is how streamers have such a big ego they think everything is about them. If you get ganked, its probably because you ran around on a PvP server. Assuming everyone is streamsniping and sending an army of twitch-followers to fuck things up for that person is beyond wrong.

Too bad I am not NA, or I would have rolled on that realm to gank Soda over and over. They have the option to avoid streamsniping, but if they would rather play unfair and have people added to a blacklist just because they have the power to do so, then I hope their experience gets totally ruined.

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Holyfrog wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
I mean... It makes sense right. All of this was in response to people saying they would make a list of streamers and hunt them.
The issue I take with it is streamers will automatically assume they are getting streamsniped every time they get killed. Soda is simply going on a powertrip where he gets to abuse his followers to make like difficult for players that may have just been playing the game normally.
I don't think that's actually true. Soda can be a bit petulant child at times, but overall he will take a few ganks without tempers flaring. Afterall, he does enjoy pvp. While RCR is a real fear, I don't believe Soda will abuse this.

I actually did a lot of wow streamer research this summer (teacher, summers off! woo!) for this very reason. I watched a lot of these guys every day while I had no beta access to see how they behaved, influenced, and changed the state of the game. While I didn't get a good grasp on every wow streamer, I got a pretty good grasp on most of them.

I would actually say a larger portion of the popular streamers are pretty chill and love pvp engagement. However, they are drastically overshadowed by the diaper streamers who QQ at nothing. Based on the streamers I spent a reasonable amount of time watching, this is what I came up with.

Streamers Who Probably Won't Abuse RCR
Esfand
Soda
Sonii
Healingstat
Bean
Cdew
Madseason
Staysafe
Venruki
Swifty
Ziqoftw
Sequisha

Streamers Who Will Almost Guaranteed Abuse RCR.
Tipsout
Asmongold
Snutz
Payo

Now, with that being said, I will gladly eat my words if Soda proves me wrong. But overall, I don't think he will abuse it.

Pagwani
Paladin Protection
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 114
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I have seen nothing of Soda that suggests he isnt just a whiny child with entitlement issues. This goes all the way back to when he got Warglaives after losing the roll by autistically screeching on voice until they gave it to him.

Most of those streamers you listed are pretty chill people. But Soda is really not one of them imo.

Linguine blue
Mulgore
donator Posts: 45
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@couchatron What is RCR?

Swamp of Sorrows
EU Lucifron
donator Posts: 19
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Cram wrote:
4 years ago
@couchatron What is RCR?
Right Click Report. If enough people do it your account will be auto-suspended or something along those lines.

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Faendor wrote:
4 years ago
Yea, I couldn't agree more. I think its hilarious that many of the anti-streamers spend so much time justifying their realm choice by saying that they will hunt the streamers lol... Its the exact same fixation and the exact same attention as someone who admires the streamer. Its all content for the streamer. Get ganked for 24 hours straight? Makes a great youtube clip! Get given 1000g by a player on week 3? Makes a great youtube clip!
Yea, it increases the overall awareness of the streamers and the gravity of their influence.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
4 years ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Faendor wrote:
4 years ago
Yea, it increases the overall awareness of the streamers and the gravity of their influence.
Ban Streamers!

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Rogue Combat
donator Posts: 147
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Are there any British streamers to worry about?
are there any big enough to make a difference? don't know about any except preach.

Druid Feral
donator Posts: 49
Tauren
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
4 years ago
I've already instructed my guildies from the stress test who joined the discord that i'll be setting up toons on Faerlina and Herod. It's not set in stone, but I'll likely will not be following any 'stream sniper' blacklist from either server.

As for Ninja looters? we'll see.