Warrior Protection
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1325
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

X community is rumored to be going to this realm. Y community say they are backing out because strimmer is announcing he will play there. Brazilian Hue Hue League supposedly invading X according to latest Discord intelligence......

Dudes, don’t worry about it. We and other online communities are the vocal minority and whatever you predict will happen in terms of realm pops, faction balances, streamer menaces etc will be worthless on launch day.

In the first week of launch it will be the anonymous hordes of players who we don’t know about that will be shaping the server landscape. It will probably, in my opinion, be stupid things like if a realm’s name sounds cool or whether it is first on the list or whatever that will start building momentum in one direction or another.

Don’t sweat on this, really.

Pluuf Kaiju Default Mythric Unlitcrow Roadblock vanillalad Casp MeatLumps daisyKutter couchatron mundi Nerfworthy
Alterac Valley
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 175
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kall
Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 204
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Uncle Ganus McAnus wrote:
4 years ago
Is that a stream sniper?

Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Alterac Valley
EU Wyrmthalak
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
4 years ago
Is that a stream sniper?

mundi
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
4 years ago
Uncle Ganus McAnus wrote:
4 years ago
Is that a stream sniper?
It's Mankrik's wife

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Alterac Valley
EU Wyrmthalak
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread
Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 204
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Guess my joke on streamer server worries and streamer blacklists didn’t work :(

Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

BRs taking over Thalnos is the most credible piece of intel we have. All the BRs that can't speak English will have a strong incentive to pick the same server and even a 10% BR population will have a pervasive effect. I'd guess people underestimating their impact haven't played team based games in recent history: Dota/LoL, CS:GO, Overwatch... imagine a culture that heavily stigmatizes focus and tryharding and you get many worthless trolls and still more who in fact know how to play but end up shitting the bed because they think it makes them look cool. That's not to say there aren't good players among them but it's no one's job to go picking through the garbage for a few scraps here and there especially when there are other servers to choose from.

Stfuppercut
Silithus
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I mean, with the name I want to get (Time) I really want to be aware of what realm i'm jumping into. I don't wanna waste my 2 other reservations on reserving this name on multiple realms as I have other names I wanna reserve too. I'm actually tempted to drop 15 bucks just for 3 more reservations...

Time is on your side
Pyxis
donator Posts:
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
BRs taking over Thalnos is the most credible piece of intel we have. All the BRs that can't speak English will have a strong incentive to pick the same server and even a 10% BR population will have a pervasive effect. I'd guess people underestimating their impact haven't played team based games in recent history: Dota/LoL, CS:GO, Overwatch... imagine a culture that heavily stigmatizes focus and tryharding and you get many worthless trolls and still more who in fact know how to play but end up shitting the bed because they think it makes them look cool. That's not to say there aren't good players among them but it's no one's job to go picking through the garbage for a few scraps here and there especially when there are other servers to choose from.
This is so true.

I never understood why Brazilians were perceived so poorly in the gaming community.
I usually play on OCE servers, so I never had any experience with them until I played Tera, which had no OCE servers.
The Brazilian community in that game is abysmal. They all congregated in one guild, all of them were unbelievably bad at the game and the few of them that spoke any Englis were all massive assholes, who seemed to get off on the fact that they were ruining dungeon runs by being so terrible.

I have a friend who has played a lot more MMOs than I have who says that that is pretty much the way it goes for any game with a significant Brazilian population.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 54
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Guess what, it doesn't matter what server anyone is on when the rule is red is dead. This game isn't World of Warcraft. This is a reincarnation, World of Warcraft: Classic.

Anything reborn is a little bit older, a little bit wiser, and all around changed. Enjoy YOUR time in classic; its the rhetoric that made me play WoW in the first place.

Lets kill some fuckin dragons.

Silithus
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pyxis wrote:
4 years ago
Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
This is so true.

I never understood why Brazilians were perceived so poorly in the gaming community.
I usually play on OCE servers, so I never had any experience with them until I played Tera, which had no OCE servers.
The Brazilian community in that game is abysmal. They all congregated in one guild, all of them were unbelievably bad at the game and the few of them that spoke any Englis were all massive assholes, who seemed to get off on the fact that they were ruining dungeon runs by being so terrible.

I have a friend who has played a lot more MMOs than I have who says that that is pretty much the way it goes for any game with a significant Brazilian population.
I really dislike the Brazilian hate, but it exists in Retail aswell. Ragnaros, Quel'thalas, Gallywix, Quel'danas, many people myself included have had so many bad experiences with those realms that we prefer taking people who aren't on them. Some people flat out never take people on those realms. I only do after asking if they know English, and even then i've still had a surprising amount of bad experiences with them. I don't like general hate, but at the same time I do want to avoid them...

I'm just concerned that Thalnos will become THAT realm, and I just do not want to risk it

Time is on your side
donator Posts: 2
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Time wrote:
4 years ago
I really dislike the Brazilian hate, but it exists in Retail aswell. Ragnaros, Quel'thalas, Gallywix, Quel'danas, many people myself included have had so many bad experiences with those realms that we prefer taking people who aren't on them. Some people flat out never take people on those realms. I only do after asking if they know English, and even then i've still had a surprising amount of bad experiences with them. I don't like general hate, but at the same time I do want to avoid them...

I'm just concerned that Thalnos will become THAT realm, and I just do not want to risk it
Hello there, Brazillian here o/
Just to correct some info...
Retail Brazilians realms are:
- Azralon
- Nemesis
- Tol Barad
- Gallywix
- Goldrin

...and we speak Portuguese.
---------------------
Ragnaros, Quel"danas and Drakkari are Latin servers (for mexicans/peruvians/colombians/etc...) They speak Spanish.

I can confirm to you guys that we are planning to play on the Thalnos server. But actually some of us are going to makrik and faerlina (funny enough the majority of brazilians are trying to avoid "streamers servers" aswell...)
So... if you guys want to avoid brazilians all together my recomendadion is to play on any pacific servers, because of our location we get a way better ping on easterns servers (that is valid for all online games)

- Regards from Brazil o/

Lendryn Pippina
Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

XHunter wrote:
4 years ago
I can confirm to you guys that we are planning to play on the Thalnos server. But actually some of us are going to makrik and faerlina (funny enough the majority of brazilians are trying to avoid "streamers servers" aswell...)
The largest streamer group said they wouldn't join Thalnos so you guys should be safe from streamers there.

Stfuppercut
Tirisfal Glades
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's like half these posters didn't read OP.

donator Posts: 2
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ahh forgot to mention, players from Ragnaros, Quel'danas, Drakkari are plannig to play on Fairbanks and Faerlina.
:)

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Default wrote:
4 years ago
I did, and I respectfully disagree. Servers will have different populations and where you reserve your name will matter.

Stfuppercut
Tirisfal Glades
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
Default wrote:
4 years ago
I did, and I respectfully disagree. Servers will have different populations and where you reserve your name will matter.
It's speculation and only a cluster of groups will determine the mass. The OP is about sit back and relax and its been continued speculation.

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Default BRs taking Thalnos isn't speculation, it's been publicly discussed on the Portuguese forums.

Stfuppercut
Tirisfal Glades
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
@Default BRs taking Thalnos isn't speculation, it's been publicly discussed on the Portuguese forums.
XHunter wrote:
4 years ago
Ahh forgot to mention, players from Ragnaros, Quel'danas, Drakkari are plannig to play on Fairbanks and Faerlina.
:)
Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
XHunter wrote:
4 years ago
The largest streamer group said they wouldn't join Thalnos so you guys should be safe from streamers there.

This is literally speculation of small group of participants on forums/Discord and such. Majority is much larger than you think and or can even witness. There will be a mass of people trying and shifting the server populations, like OP stated.

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Default wrote:
4 years ago
This is literally speculation of small group of participants on forums/Discord and such. Majority is much larger than you think and or can even witness. There will be a mass of people trying and shifting the server populations, like OP stated.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/pt/wow/t ... ssico/6432

It literally isn't.

As I've already argued Brazilians have a strong incentive to remain in one server. I don't care if every single BR player doesn't end up here, the relevant information is that most will.

I suppose since you and others are relaxing people that are blowing their 3 weeks of sub time just to reserve some names shouldn't put any thought into this?

Stfuppercut Falcon
Tirisfal Glades
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
Default wrote:
4 years ago

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/pt/wow/t ... ssico/6432

It literally isn't.

As I've already argued Brazilians have a strong incentive to remain in one server. I don't care if every single BR player doesn't end up here, the relevant information is that most will.

I suppose since you and others are relaxing people that are blowing their 3 weeks of sub time just to reserve some names shouldn't put any thought into this?
My dude, quite literally I'm reserving a name with my 3 friends on an Eastern PvP server. The majority isn't even debating what is where and who's playing what.

Like I said in my first post, red is dead is the only rule and stipulation for my world of warcraft experience. English, French, Hispanic, Canadian, German... if you're Alliance you're dead. A group of people talking about what's "official" on the internet is a meme in itself.

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Default wrote:
4 years ago
Like I said in my first post, red is dead is the only rule and stipulation for my world of warcraft experience. English, French, Hispanic, Canadian, German... if you're Alliance you're dead. A group of people talking about what's "official" on the internet is a meme in itself.
What a worthless platitude. Obviously Classic won't be all pvp; we will still have to fill PUG dungeons, we will still have to conduct trade. The social experience with your own faction is what people are really concerned about, and if your faction is full of memers, trolls, or people who can't even communicate with you it will not be as fun.

Stfuppercut Falcon
Tirisfal Glades
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
Default wrote:
4 years ago
What a worthless platitude. Obviously Classic won't be all pvp; we will still have to fill PUG dungeons, we will still have to conduct trade. The social experience with your own faction is what people are really concerned about, and if your faction is full of memers, trolls, or people who can't even communicate with you it will not be as fun.
I'm joining my friends, the community at large is a guarantee to me. The mass doesn't dictate my perspective of fun within the game. I don't mind nor influence what community lives where. I've played on servers where its a mix of communities. Its much better than one being a shut-in or the 'default' choice.

Alterac Valley
EU Wyrmthalak
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
The social experience with your own faction is what people are really concerned about, and if your faction is full of memers, trolls, or people who can't even communicate with you it will not be as fun.
By the https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=5648/stunning-blast of https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=1777/dakk-blunderblast, I say ! This https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=1933/sheep is not what it seems !! It's polymorphed !!!

Lendryn