US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

XHunter wrote:
4 years ago
Ragnaros, Quel"danas and Drakkari are Latin servers (for mexicans/peruvians/colombians/etc...) They speak Spanish.
Argentina here, I played retail for the entire of Legion expansion, I made the mistake of choosing "Ragnaros" server, god, it was really hard to play with any guild, there's only 1 horde guild who plays serious in the raiding scene, only 1, the rest is a bunch of toxic people making pugs around and never get past Normal mode, maybe a few Heroics.

Being from Ragnaros ruined my game experience when trying to get into mythic raiding, even mythic dungeons, people keeps kicking me from the group when some of the other 4's make a mistake, only for being a Ragnaros player. When I decided to play on Tichondrius (which is known for being toxic) people stop caring anymore, I managed to get into mythic raiding and run +15m carries with my blood dk with ease and w/o any problems at all.
The downside was having 325ms.
So, yeah, that's the story so far.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Default wrote:
4 years ago
I'm joining my friends, the community at large is a guarantee to me. The mass doesn't dictate my perspective of fun within the game. I don't mind nor influence what community lives where. I've played on servers where its a mix of communities. Its much better than one being a shut-in or the 'default' choice.
Cool! However, many communities migrate together. We can see that the Brazillian community has about 3000 strong that will be headed to a single server. This is not to say that ALL Brazillians will go to the same server, simply that 3000 will. If a server is eventually going to be squished as small as 12k for one cohesive layer, and if we presume that communities like this will eventually start to attract other Brazillian players etc, this will massively shape the vibe of your server. No one is worried about you and your friends. Youre a drop in the bucket. People are worried about massive communities of thousands of players. Just as the private server community is in talks on where they want to play, so are pockets like streamer communities and Brazillians. These huge communities will have a massive impact on their realm. Avoiding this is actually really really important if you want to avoid certain aspects of certain communities.

This should all be weighed against what your goals are. Are you just a solo player who wants to level or maybe raid? Yeah, who cares where you go? Just roll the dice and play the game. You'll have a blast. When you start considering top end raiding, pushing rank etc etc etc, this gets far more important, especially if your choice represents a large group of people.

Lendryn Default Falcon
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Alterac Valley
US Herod
donator Posts: 20
Horde
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. I think people have a right to sweat these things and figure out what the servers will be like so they can prepare in order to have the most optimal, fun Classic experience for themselves. Sure, they may be "minor" communities, but factors such as streamers, nonenglish speakers, etc. can have major impacts on gameplay.

Stfuppercut Falcon
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Brevanik wrote:
4 years ago
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. I think people have a right to sweat these things and figure out what the servers will be like so they can prepare...
Victory loves preparation.

We are also back to a perspective based argument too... For many of the casuals, this should not matter. The majority of people arent even locking into a guild before launch. Choosing a server based on some of these variables is more of a neckbeard/hardcore player thing to do. This wont apply to the majority. Most casuals probably wont even recognize playing on a streamer server and will be happy regardless. I think its important for everyone to consider their own wants and needs and then see if this sort of preparation even applies to their play experience; for most it wont. But it is disingenuous to say "don't worry about realms right now" as a blanket statement, because this is not true for many of the hardcore players. If you are seeking greatness in Classic and have lofty goals, you should be linking up with guilds and communities early so that you can build some meaningful relationships that will make some of those lofty goals more realistic. You should be looking into realms and finding where you will mesh well, as you are planning to spend a GREAT deal of time there.

As usual on this forum there is a group of min/maxer-optimizers and a group of casual players who are always going to struggle to find common ground. Also as usual, the casual perspective is cast out as the blanket statement that we should all consider when this consideration is only relative to the individual player. The server matters to me. I will choose the best server based on the details I have. I plan on playing an awful lot and have some goals that will be easier to achieve on certain servers.

Tomorrow we discuss having fun - Make sure to have fun in Classic because fun is important and fun is so fun! Or wait... I think we already did that one a few days ago?

Default Brevanik Falcon
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Silithus
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

XHunter wrote:
4 years ago
Hello there, Brazillian here o/
Just to correct some info...
Retail Brazilians realms are:
- Azralon
- Nemesis
- Tol Barad
- Gallywix
- Goldrin

...and we speak Portuguese.
---------------------
Ragnaros, Quel"danas and Drakkari are Latin servers (for mexicans/peruvians/colombians/etc...) They speak Spanish.

I can confirm to you guys that we are planning to play on the Thalnos server. But actually some of us are going to makrik and faerlina (funny enough the majority of brazilians are trying to avoid "streamers servers" aswell...)
So... if you guys want to avoid brazilians all together my recomendadion is to play on any pacific servers, because of our location we get a way better ping on easterns servers (that is valid for all online games)

- Regards from Brazil o/
Oh i'm sorry, I got things a little mixed up. I only know English, so I should of mentioned that I want to avoid any language barriers. I always forget that Spanish and Portuguese is different, I was never taught anything about Brazil when I was growing up, so i'm still learning! Sorry again!

Time is on your side
Ashenvale
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
donator Posts: 75
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There are only 3 choices for east coasters who want PvP:

Herod - The Streamers
Faerlina - The Spanish Americans
Thalnos - The Brazilians

We must choose... but choose wisely.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Rogue Combat
US Westfall
donator Posts: 211
Orc
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yeah, let's be honest. There's not going to be a lot of efficient leveling the first couple days anyways. It's going to be a shitshow.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
Herod - The Streamers
Thalnos - The Brazilians
I thought Faerlina was still pretty open. I thought Brazil and Spanish Americans were going to Thalnos... Well this is depressing now.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
4 years ago
Falcon wrote:
4 years ago
Herod - The Streamers
Thalnos - The Brazilians
I thought Faerlina was still pretty open. I thought Brazil and Spanish Americans were going to Thalnos... Well this is depressing now.
They are. See this thread for details. I'm hoping the Faerlina rumor ends soon and the word gets spread around about what's actually happening.
rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Looks like they just made it official:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/es/wow/t ... realm/4266

LATAM will be joining the Brazilians in Thalnos.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yes, the LATAM community is confirmed for Thalnos, not Faerlina. It is true that one LATAM guild has expressed their desire to go to Faerlina according to a post on the Faerlina subreddit, but the majority (13+ based on their Facebook/Forum announcement) are heading to Thalnos.

Let's hope the Streamers pick Herod.

Linguine
Ironforge
donator Posts: 9
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Looks like many streamers are going Faerlina. https://i.redd.it/x3tql7yuf2g31.jpg

Falcon
Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 146
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I agree. Except for that one server where 20+ streamers are rolling.

RIP Faerlina.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yea, this makes me a little sad as I was expecting the streamers to go to Herod so I pretty much decided on Faerlina. Oh well. Herod it is then.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula