Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

So, I have most of my addons loaded & ready to go on launch day, hopefully the missing ones will be fixed soon. There are a few that will definately upset the #NoChanges crowd, take a look...

AllyRoute: This one gives you the exact route that Dwarf Hunter Varrak's did on his speed run. It literally tells you where to go & what to do.

Questie adds quest tracking on the map & shows you objectives, locations & where to turn in & pick up new quests. No more wandering around or reading.

Leatrix Plus mostly has some appearance & minor QOL changes, but it does have a feature that auto turns in quests, auto accepts & skips all of the text.

Atlas & Handy Notes bott add a LOT of information to the maps & dungeon mas that show: NPC's & quest info.

Are these heating? Probably so. Am I using them, you bet I am. My list

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

> skips all of the text

Everybody knows there is already a UI option to turn off the stock slow display of quest text, right? The stock UI already has an 'instant quest text option'.

Burning Steppes
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 56
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

All of those were possible and done by different addons in actual vanilla.

Not only that but before 1.3(?) you could have an addon not only plan your routes across the world but to actually autorun and take zeppelins and boats (before they locked down the movement functions and took them off limit to addons)

In general them going with the secure / protected Lua API and modern macro system is a huge nerf to addon power. (something that I'm all for btw.)
It is a change that is preserving Classic gameplay instead of diluting it.

Source: Addon developer for 14 years.

[:flag_eu: :dragon: :flag_gb: :large_blue_diamond: | EU-PvE | English Speaking | Alliance | GMT+1 | Family & Work friendly | Mid-Core]
Silithus
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'll toss a controversial addon into the mix that i'm really loving: Battle for Azeroth UI. It's an AddOn that replaces the Classic Action Bar with the one from BFA. I've really grown to love the new UI in 8.0, and that is an opinion that is NOT shared by everyone, people don't take kindly when I bring up that I actually like the new UI. Note, this does not change anything but the bottom Action Bars and the placement of your menus. Basically the only changes are the things you see in this screenshot below
Picture taken by me, AddOn not made by me

Time is on your side
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 41
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I just need questie, unfortunately I can't play without this. Don't have too much time to play per day.

ReverendChris wrote:
4 years ago
So, I have most of my addons loaded & ready to go on launch day, hopefully the missing ones will be fixed soon. There are a few that will definately upset the #NoChanges crowd, take a look...

Questie adds quest tracking on the map & shows you objectives, locations & where to turn in & pick up new quests. No more wandering around or reading.

Lost in the multiverse.
Author of AbyssUI and AbyssUI Classic
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Addons LUL, the new meta is #Macros.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 80
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

i don't think they're cheating, because you can have a leveling route guide on your second monitor and just go step by step, this is just more convenient.

offtopic: i can't seem to find a cartographer addon for classic, its driving me nuts

Mage Frost
US Thalnos
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There will hopefully be more ready before launch, I'm hoping for Atlas to release soon.

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
donator Posts: 74
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The only addon I can think of right now that I don't want allowed in classic is Decursive.

Mage Frost
US Thalnos
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Swans wrote:
4 years ago
The only addon I can think of right now that I don't want allowed in classic is Decursive.
Decursive shows an unknown status. WHy is it a problem?

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
Burning Steppes
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 56
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Swans wrote:
4 years ago
QuickHeal will also be impossible.

Any addon that lets you make targeting and cast decisions spamming a single button will not be possible.

Decursive will be possible but the modern decursive where you have to play whack-a-mole, not the 1.12 decursive where you bind a single button and spam it to cure everyone.

[:flag_eu: :dragon: :flag_gb: :large_blue_diamond: | EU-PvE | English Speaking | Alliance | GMT+1 | Family & Work friendly | Mid-Core]
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It would be cool to play the game without any addons. I think it would help preserve a lot of the inherent difficulty. While boss mods were avail and heal assists, I would actually be very interested in playing the game without addons. That being said, my addon folder is filled for Classic. I will use EVERY edge I can get in a competitive environment. Ordered some new metal foot pedals for under my desk, have a 12 button and a 6 button mouse, and have a mechanical keyboard with a side gamepad... Just like my peripherals, I will optimize ingame to squeeze every advantage I can out of the game.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 64
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I mean, I don't think there's really any controversial addons except maybe the group finder one. Play Classic how you want to experience it. All of the addons you listed existed either ingame or over the internet -- like a leveling guide for example.

Fairbanks - Alliance
US Ret Pally - Fairbanks - <Team Naked>
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
It would be cool to play the game without any addons. I think it would help preserve a lot of the inherent difficulty. While boss mods were avail and heal assists, I would actually be very interested in playing the game without addons. That being said, my addon folder is filled for Classic. I will use EVERY edge I can get in a competitive environment. Ordered some new metal foot pedals for under my desk, have a 12 button and a 6 button mouse, and have a mechanical keyboard with a side gamepad... Just like my peripherals, I will optimize ingame to squeeze every advantage I can out of the game.
Sounds great, but you forgot a helmet. Well, that with buttons on it as well, i heard it might be super effetive.

Kall
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
Sounds great, but you forgot a helmet. Well, that with buttons on it as well, i heard it might be super effetive.
I have a headset! So its sort of a helmet... but not really. Adding a helmet with a few headbutt buttons would probably be another optimization route I hadnt considered...

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
donator Posts: 74
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ReverendChris wrote:Decursive shows an unknown status. WHy is it a problem?
It changes the cleansing mechanic from seeing the debuff, having to select the player with the debuff, and then using the appropriate spell to remove the debuff to just pressing one button that does all of the above automatically.

Roadblock
Mage Frost
US Thalnos
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

That is a bit too much automation I think.

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
I have a headset! So its sort of a helmet... but not really. Adding a helmet with a few headbutt buttons would probably be another optimization route I hadnt considered...
Bind the headbutt button to a soulstone for hands-free resurrection

Kchlangendin
Warlock Affliction
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 88
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Stfuppercut
Mate you need this for a true immersive experience, but only from 40 onward otherwise you're cheating.

Kchlangendin Pippina
And they say Blizzard games don't have bugs. - Anub'arak
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 28
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Time wrote:
4 years ago
I'll toss a controversial addon into the mix that i'm really loving: Battle for Azeroth UI. It's an AddOn that replaces the Classic Action Bar with the one from BFA. I've really grown to love the new UI in 8.0, and that is an opinion that is NOT shared by everyone, people don't take kindly when I bring up that I actually like the new UI. Note, this does not change anything but the bottom Action Bars and the placement of your menus. Basically the only changes are the things you see in this screenshot below
Picture taken by me, AddOn not made by me
This is actually the first time I've heard of this being called controversial. It's simply a UI change and has no gameplay effects in the slightest. I guess it's just the slightest mention of BFA gets people riled up, huh? Overall I do like the new UI BFA introduced but I don't mind either or so I'll just be sticking with the original.

Faelior of <Royal Authorities> on Grobbulus
Silithus
donator Posts: 40
Troll
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sudnep wrote:
4 years ago
This is actually the first time I've heard of this being called controversial. It's simply a UI change and has no gameplay effects in the slightest. I guess it's just the slightest mention of BFA gets people riled up, huh? Overall I do like the new UI BFA introduced but I don't mind either or so I'll just be sticking with the original.
Exactly, it's the BFA mention, triggers people for whatever reason

Time is on your side