Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

People planning weeks ahead and picking with their guilds like us are the minority, a lot of people base their server choice entirely on the name. I heard Area 52 was a hotbed for weirdos back in the day.

Literal Man-children
donator Posts:
Literal Man-children
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I can't believe the amount of crying over the server names.

That's the most first-world of all first-world problems I have ever seen.

Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like the names. They are vanilla-esque and kinda nice.

Thunder Bluff
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 37
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Casp wrote:
4 years ago
I know, it's not really an issue. I can call it the Zandalar Realm all I want, but it's still called the Zandalar Tribe realm and I just don't like the name :sad:.
Man blizzard could name the NA west coast realm Hello Kitty Island Happy Adventure Fun Time Server 4 and I'm still playing. You're going to see the name one time and then never see it again.

If you're stressing about how many words are in the name of your server then you might want to step outside and get some fresh air for a bit :lol:

> Where you playing?

Zandalar

> Cool
^ This.

Also @Casp if you think Zandalar Tribe is too long, let me introduce you to the retail EU rp-pvp realm Defias Brotherhood :lol:

Zandalar Tribe EU
Tinytusk - Troll Shaman
Zinnia - Undead Mage
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kall wrote:
4 years ago
So my options are Golemagg or Shazzrah for PvP, I guess Golemagg is the less lame of the two, Shazz was such a pathetic boss.
Lol, tell me about it. The first realm I ever played on was Ragnaros EU.
I guess Golemagg will be my choice this time.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 32
Troll
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Casp wrote:
4 years ago
I know, it's not really an issue. I can call it the Zandalar Realm all I want, but it's still called the Zandalar Tribe realm and I just don't like the name :sad:.
Man blizzard could name the NA west coast realm Hello Kitty Island Happy Adventure Fun Time Server 4 and I'm still playing. You're going to see the name one time and then never see it again.

If you're stressing about how many words are in the name of your server then you might want to step outside and get some fresh air for a bit :lol:

> Where you playing?

Zandalar

> Cool
I'll see the name every time I'm at the login screen. And just saying Zandalar can create confusion with BfA since its the main Horde continent and not the actual name of the Realm.

I'm not 'stressed', I just don't like the name. Am I not allowed to say I would prefer the name Zandalar without being accused of a basement dwelling neckbeard?

| Casp - Troll Priest | <Zandalar Tribe> |
Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 32
Troll
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tinyhoof wrote:
4 years ago

^ This.

Also @Casp if you think Zandalar Tribe is too long, let me introduce you to the retail EU rp-pvp realm Defias Brotherhood :lol:
Maybe saying 'too long' was not really my issue with it, because I actually like the name Defias Brotherhood and have been playing on Argent Dawn for years. It's not a big deal I was just airing my feelings that I think it would be cooler as just Zandalar :biggrin:

| Casp - Troll Priest | <Zandalar Tribe> |
donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zandalar Tribe all the way baby, really cool name imo

Casp
/flex
Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 391
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Linguine wrote:
4 years ago
Apparently because they wanted RP realms to be named after reputations, with the strange exception of Grobbulus being piled in with the NA PvP naming convention. An unfortunate exception really, I can't think of any reputation that would sound worse.
How do I get Exalted with Grobbulus?

Pagwani
Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 years ago
Linguine wrote:
4 years ago
Apparently because they wanted RP realms to be named after reputations, with the strange exception of Grobbulus being piled in with the NA PvP naming convention. An unfortunate exception really, I can't think of any reputation that would sound worse.
How do I get Exalted with Grobbulus?

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@daisykutter Spaniards going Shazzrah?

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Winterspring
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 146
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
@daisykutter Spaniards going Shazzrah?
Nope, Pyrewood Village will be. I made a post here.

daisyKutter - Troll Protection Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Horde
Warlock Affliction
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 88
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pyrewood Village for PvE, but PvP Spaniards will be going to Shazzrah

(https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/es/wow/t ... zrah/10760)
(https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/es/wow/t ... lage/10661)

In their defence they did say they would make an effort to behave and create their own Catalan chat channel.

And they say Blizzard games don't have bugs. - Anub'arak
The Barrens
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 61
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thanks for the post!

The nordic/scandinavian project have chosen Shazzrah as their server, EU-PvP.
The project includes Sweden,Norway,Denmark,Finland.

http://nordicclassic.jinnis.se/

Also, Sweden & Norway´s official Classic-facebook-groups have picked Shazzrah.

Gehennas EU PvP - Horde
<FIKA>
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
4 years ago
s1atan wrote:
4 years ago
20 guilds? That's no impact at all @Erik, don't worry :smile:
It's not only the guilds, all the other "free" spaniards will go there as well. Trust me, there will be alot. Especially if EU only have 2x PvP servers.

I'm actually legit worried

I played Agamaggan in Vanilla until lvl 30ish, had to switch server because you did not get a group or guild unless you were spanish. There were no english what so ever in the trade/general chat because it was silenced by all the spanish. It really destroyed the game for non spanish speakers.
I'm confused as to why France and Germany have their own language servers but Spain does not. It seems that most of them are going to Shazzrah so I should be ok with my original choice of Golemagg.
Are there streamers or other groups going to Golemagg?

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Warlock Affliction
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 88
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Spanish on the forums said they were avoiding Golemagg under the reasoning that streamers would go there, but I am honestly completely unaware of any massive EU streamers out there. Some Method members stream and gather numbers around 2k to 5k viewers (outside of world first runs and competitions), but their scene is the pro scene so I doubt Classic will be much on their radar apart from casual fun.

And they say Blizzard games don't have bugs. - Anub'arak
Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kall wrote:
4 years ago
Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Spanish on the forums said they were avoiding Golemagg under the reasoning that streamers would go there, but I am honestly completely unaware of any massive EU streamers out there. Some Method members stream and gather numbers around 2k to 5k viewers (outside of world first runs and competitions), but their scene is the pro scene so I doubt Classic will be much on their radar apart from casual fun.
EU don't really have any big impact streamer, I guess Forsen would be the biggest but he wont stick around for long.
Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Erik wrote:
4 years ago
s1atan wrote:
4 years ago
20 guilds? That's no impact at all @Erik, don't worry :smile:
It's not only the guilds, all the other "free" spaniards will go there as well. Trust me, there will be alot. Especially if EU only have 2x PvP servers.

I'm actually legit worried

I played Agamaggan in Vanilla until lvl 30ish, had to switch server because you did not get a group or guild unless you were spanish. There were no english what so ever in the trade/general chat because it was silenced by all the spanish. It really destroyed the game for non spanish speakers.
I'm confused as to why France and Germany have their own language servers but Spain does not. It seems that most of them are going to Shazzrah so I should be ok with my original choice of Golemagg.
I have no clue why blizz wont give Spaniards servers, they had in Vanilla.

However I'm positive that the spaniards this time around will speak english. According to their Coalition they will enforce guild members to speak english in general and trade and have a seperate chat for spanish

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50