Undercity
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 1
Undead
Rogue
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Can't get past the loading screen! It's the true Classic experience!

DoomC
-Dylan
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Was working well. This is how it always goes. They launch and allow you to get in. Then they give you a few hours to level a character so youre roped. THEN they begin testing their systems, this is a stress test afterall. By allowing you to have a taste they can guarantee that you will continue to spam login and participate in the test. If they opened with the test everyone would just walk away. Your reward is that you usually get the 2nd day to play the game without much interruption. Blizz is smart. Too smart.

this is all just based on my own assumptions. this is how I would run a stress test.

Zacheous
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
donator Posts: 151
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I got in for a couple of hours and it was great what little I got to do. Very crowded but chat was all positive. Got kicked out by windows update and now can't get back in. It will be great when it is released. Noticed one bug and reported it. The imp quest in elwynn for WL was bugged. The tome never was present in the tent. I did report it.

Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

That's my experience of the stress test.

I will say that the graphics look great and I'm now 150% more excited to start playing at the end of the month.
Server seems reasonably stable but it's difficult to tag anything.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

At least I get there :c

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I played a little at 5am (local Sydney time) before work. Everything seemed smooth and dynamic respawns were present in starter zone. I only hit level 5 before I had to log-off so didn't get to explore Mulgore further. Servers appear to be down currently, I might try to get back on at lunch @ work in about 3 hours to test addons, and check out more of Mulgore.

We're almost home fellas.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Hunter Beast Mastery
donator Posts: 18
Troll
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Getting a party together for the quest to kill Garrick Padfoot, only to realise you have to loot his head so you still have to kill him five times while standing in line with others..
Good times!

powerfool
donator Posts: 9
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

TeamRemix wrote:
4 years ago
Dynamic respawns seem to only be located in the starter zones (levels 1-5), after that, it's 5 minute respawns as usual.
This is not true, I had multiple sub 1min respawn rates in the same area in teldrassil 6+ area.

SaveMartha
donator Posts:
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've been trying to download for hours. It says 0 B/sec and sits there for about 10 minutes then I get disconnected from Battlenet. Is anyone else having issues like this? I didn't get in on the beta and since this is only up for a day I'd really like to play.

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Mambo wrote:
4 years ago
Getting a party together for the quest to kill Garrick Padfoot, only to realise you have to loot his head so you still have to kill him five times while standing in line with others..
Good times!

THE HORDE IS MORE CIVILIZED! THEY LEARN FROM MISTAKES!

BEFORE.

AFTER.

I the messiah show them how to hold a line.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'll be skipping this one due to other commitments, but have fun everyone! Stress test the crap out of the servers!

Stupeed
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Ashenvale
donator Posts: 270
Alliance
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Concerning the Dynamic Respawn of creatures:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... /245750/71

Blizzard Entertainment
After Stress Test 2, we were as concerned as many of you were about the inability to find enough spawns in the starting zones, so we double-checked our spawn logic, and it turns out there was a bug.

In the original 1.12 data, different spawn regions have different thresholds at which automatic respawning is triggered, but the bug was causing it to ignore these population thresholds. This affects the starting zones more than other zones because they have very aggressive thresholds for triggering respawns, to make sure that you can always progress through your first introduction to the game.

As you level up throughout the later zones, the respawn thresholds aren’t as aggressive, and you start having to compete more in higher level zones. We have verified that we’ve correctly reproduced the 1.12 spawn rates and thresholds throughout the game now, and while the respawn rates you see in Northshire aren’t the same as they are in Un’Goro, they will both be accurate to patch 1.12.

Thanks so much for your feedback, and for helping us find and fix this bug!

Concerning node respawns:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... /245750/74
 Blizzard Entertainment
The same spawn logic applies to mineral nodes, creatures, herbs, etc. Spawn regions can overlap one another, so that creatures and nodes of different types behave differently in the same physical space, and individual spawns, can all have custom overrides. We’re using all the original data to control this behavior.

Pippina Faendor
Druid Restoration
EU Mograine
donator Posts: 7
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Anyone know when the stress test will end? Only had a change to play log in screen for 45 mins and an hour of actual game.

Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 18
Night Elf
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

EL_KUKKO wrote:
4 years ago
Anyone know when the stress test will end? Only had a change to play log in screen for 45 mins and an hour of actual game.
It says it is scheduled to end on Friday, August 9, but no exact time. It might have a 24-hour limit.

EL_KUKKO
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

When the stress test ends?

Mulgore
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 196
Tauren
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Played a bit, was very smooth for me :-)

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)

Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 326
Undead
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ye I also played a bit, but I found one thing I did not like - If you dive, you do not jump anymore when you go back up, you just swim up - Annoying :(

s1atan
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I got in quite soon and it was packed at first. Looked like the layers are not on. But after 30 minutes or so, there was much less players so maybe they activated layers. Except for first five minutes it was very smooth. Today I plan to set up addons. :smile:

Desolace
donator Posts: 29
Horde
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

s1atan wrote:
4 years ago
I got in quite soon and it was packed at first. Looked like the layers are not on. But after 30 minutes or so, there was much less players so maybe they activated layers. Except for first five minutes it was very smooth. Today I plan to set up addons. :smile:
I can recommend Tukui, smooth and nice(if you like that look) and blazing fast reloads.

teebling
Winterspring
donator Posts: 274
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

5bx wrote:
4 years ago
s1atan wrote:
4 years ago
I can recommend Tukui, smooth and nice(if you like that look) and blazing fast reloads.
I must say it looks sharp! Thanks for recommendation :wink:

5bx
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Mambo wrote:
4 years ago
Good times!

Whoa the lighting, beautiful.

daisyKutter teebling
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Westfall
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 47
Alliance
Hunter
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It was a successful stress test!

I went in as soon as the server was online. After a short queue I got in and was able to make a character and then entered the world.

I also managed to edit the MapFader addon so that worldmap isn't taking up the whole screen anymore and the ugly black borders around it are gone as well.

Picture:

I have achieved UI perfection!

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 28
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nice to see the Dynamic Respawns in action. I was seriously getting worried about the large influx of players.
It is also nice to see that the RP-PvP realm got it's realm name already with the stress test.

Playing the stress test was a wonderful experience and allowed me to get a feel for the difference between private servers and the official servers. I noticed quite a few things:

• Item drops are very plentiful.
  • Aggro range is much shorter.
  • Looting is very slow.

Overall this just made me even more excited... I don't know if I can wait a whole extra two weeks.

Faelior of <Royal Authorities> on Grobbulus
Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sudnep wrote:
4 years ago
  • Item drops are very plentiful.
  • Aggro range is much shorter.
  • Looting is very slow.
I noticed this too, I don't know much about aggro, it looks fine for me. But the item drops is real, maybe cause I'm used to private servers, where you get a cloak only from quest, this time I was getting a cloak every 2 mobs. And the auto loot is slow af.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 28
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
4 years ago
I noticed this too, I don't know much about aggro, it looks fine for me. But the item drops is real, maybe cause I'm used to private servers, where you get a cloak only from quest, this time I was getting a cloak every 2 mobs. And the auto loot is slow af.
I usually judge aggro range by nameplate distance to some degree. The nameplate distance might just be longer in Classic or shorter on private servers than what I'm used to. Even when in between mobs in the bramble patch in Elwynn I never got more than one mob on me even when it wasn't super populated.

Faelior of <Royal Authorities> on Grobbulus