Silverpine Forest
donator Posts: 18
Night Elf
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The test is now extended up until Monday.

Arathi Basin
donator Posts: 28
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ezekeel wrote:
4 years ago
Oh boy. I know what I'm doing for the rest of this weekend on my free time!

Faelior of <Royal Authorities> on Grobbulus
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ezekeel wrote:
4 years ago

My computer rebuild/upgrade is nearly complete. Looks like I'll get to jump into the stress test afterall then.

teebling
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hopped on and spent 5 straight hours leveling a druid. Since I've been spending the past few weeks getting my feet wet again on a TBC private server, I noticed a few things with the stress test -

- Holy shit the graphics are good on the 1.13 client. Yeah we're using the old models and textures, but the higher view distances, modern water and weather effects, and antialiasing effects make the game a lot nicer to look at then it used to. Even the characters themselves are looking better when viewed through the modern anti-aliased game engine.

- No more broken pathing / mobs falling through the ground / mobs falling from the sky / lacking all kinds of scripting. No more mobs running past me and ending up behind me.

- Proper distribution and number of mobs. I remember noticing on the private server I've been playing around on that there seems to be 2x-3x too many mobs in a lot of areas.

Yeah none of these are new discoveries, and I knew about all of these before I jumped in. But it's just so much smoother than what we've been getting on private servers so far. It was a pretty stark contrast for me.

I can't wait. I've been putting off the hype pretty good so far. But it's starting to build up.

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Addons Set & Ready for Launch Day!

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
4 years ago

What addon u are using to make that UI? Could you share your addons list? Seems like not a big one.

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
Stupeed wrote:
4 years ago

What addon u are using to make that UI? Could you share your addons list? Seems like not a big one.
You need Bartender4, on blizzard bar art, select "one action bar only" then centered. The rest is normal configuration like any other bar addon.
For tooltip I use TinyTooltip.
Inmersion for quest text and that's pretty much it.

I use a macro to hide the chat and the UI error frame.
Hide error frame macro:
SpoilerShow
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
Hide chat macro, press twice to show back again:
SpoilerShow
/run _CHATHIDE=not _CHATHIDE for i=1,NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do for _,v in pairs{"","Tab"}do local f=_G["ChatFrame"..i..v]if _CHATHIDE then f.v=f:IsVisible()end f.ORShow=f.ORShow or f.Show f.Show=_CHATHIDE and f.Hide or f.ORShow if f.v then f:Show()end end end

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
4 years ago
You need Bartender4, on blizzard bar art, select "one action bar only" then centered. The rest is normal configuration like any other bar addon.
For tooltip I use TinyTooltip.
Inmersion for quest text and that's pretty much it.

I use a macro to hide the chat and the UI error frame.
Hide error frame macro:
SpoilerShow
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
Hide chat macro, press twice to show back again:
SpoilerShow
/run _CHATHIDE=not _CHATHIDE for i=1,NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do for _,v in pairs{"","Tab"}do local f=_G["ChatFrame"..i..v]if _CHATHIDE then f.v=f:IsVisible()end f.ORShow=f.ORShow or f.Show f.Show=_CHATHIDE and f.Hide or f.ORShow if f.v then f:Show()end end end
I've heard of bartender but never seen it in action. I like that small centered action bar. I'm going to try that out today while the stress test is still up.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Bear form animation is incorrect and no animation when exiting a form. I hope this was reported during beta and is being fixed, it feels very odd. It looks like I'm shooting blue laser bullets when I shapeshift!

Gallow
Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Bear form animation is incorrect and no animation when exiting a form. I hope this was reported during beta and is being fixed, it feels very odd. It looks like I'm shooting blue laser bullets when I shapeshift!
Yeah I noticed that. I just instantly stop being a bear and go back to night elf form.