donator Posts: 6
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Today is the addon-testing day for many of us. While everyone will obviously be very busy with various stuff during the stress test, I'd appreciate if you could check if Lorehelper works flawlessly for you.

Some screenshots to give you an idea
And a couple more for Dungeon Player

What Lorehelper does:

• Guides you through the lore of your race via a "lore test". Standard questions are: age of your character, home Kingdom/Clan/whatever, and then a few questions about the character's participation in the important events. It's all highly race-specific, and won't contain nonsense like "did your troll fight in War of the Three Hammers". First War etc for humans, War of the Ancients etc for night elves, conflict with Theramore for tauren - nothing you wouldn't guess.
  • Guides you through the lore of world areas via Zonepedia (TM). Just pick a zone and read briefly about it; usually perspectives of different races are available. Additionally, info about the zones that are important for your race will pop up as soon as you enter the zone.
  • Dungeon Player! Drawing on tremendous work of Loremaster Minorou, I included a way for Lorehelper users to entertain their dungeon party with the lore of the dungeon. It is work in progress but already usable. Right now, Dungeon Player only tells the story of the dungeon but is silent about the bosses. I am not sure how to incorporate the bosses lore without making the Player too difficult to use, any ideas are welcome.

Download the addon here (soon (TM) on Curseforge)

I hope those interested in lore will find the Lorehelper addon fun to use. Any ideas/suggestions/complaints welcome.

Gallow Kchlangendin Faendor teebling rexarlet Minorou DoomC
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like the idea of this addon, have you developed it? and for what expansion its desined to be used on?

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The more I see @Uncle Ganus McAnus post, the more I want to play some alts on a RP server :lol: This seems like it would be a bit help since I don't know fuck all about the lore of the game I've played 15 years beyond the most basic and obvious stuff.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Oh hey I remember seeing this one (on reddit I think). Good stuff, will be downloading it for live for sure!
(Sadly I won't be playing the stress test this time around, but looking forward to playing with it on launch)
Here's to hoping you can improve the text & textbox looks a little bit. I for one love the vanilla quest UI; it's easy to read, has nice borders, and the text just flows.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
donator Posts: 6
Night Elf
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
I like the idea of this addon, have you developed it? and for what expansion its desined to be used on?
Thanks, yes it was me :) Addon for WoW Classic obviously!
Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
it would be a bit help since I don't know fuck all about the lore of the game
I'd hope so! Of course, it's not super-detailed, but should be able to help to kickstart the immersion.

Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is there any classic wow addons site so we could track them all?
Btw think about to add some cool lore-specific frames for the addon.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
Is there any classic wow addons site so we could track them all?
https://willitclassic.com/

Kchlangendin
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde