Warrior Fury
EU Razorgore
donator Posts: 13
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello!
I know, you probably expect me to give guide on PvP healing , but my idea actually was to make topic and skilled members of the forum in that area to add things up.
Tips and tricks for every class will be appreciated.
I will 99% roll druid, which is not like the best PvP healer IMO , but its value comes with his mobility and variations.
Paladins are one of the most wanted PvP healers or warrior pocket healers IMO and have great utility in blessings and tools for survival.
Priests , in other hand, are the ultimate healers ,having absorb shields, mana drain, offensive and defensive dispel and more.
Shamans are great with the boosts they provide by totems and also can be pretty aggressive.

A good healer in a PvP battle, being on BG`s or wPvP scenarios can change the outcome in the battle. They are important part and I feel like there is not enough information out there how to become good.
There is a lot of decision making and there should be priority.

It should be nice to create a topic ( or just post in this thread) about "How to save my healer`s butt" guide , which also is a good thing to know for non-healers out there.

It`s your turn :)

ClassicRaids
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Druid: Roots, HoTs, DoTs and Mobility.

Roots in outdoor BGs/WPvP is a great way to immobilize warriors/hunters/rogues/shamans etc. and will allow your partner to control who they are fighting. (Also hibernate for other druids in form/hunters pets)

HoTs on yourself and your compatriots are a good way of healing while moving/hiding/fighting/being CC'ed. Get them up, keep them up, survive.

DoTs are a nice way to provide constant minor damage on an opponent, putting extra pressure on them. Moonfire/Insect Swarm/Cat Bleeds/Thorns are a great way at wearing down targets while requiring minimal effort. If you can open with Pounce/rake/rip, jump out and moonfire/insect swarm they will be feeling some pain.

Mobility is well known and well publicised for Druid, I don't need to explain the importance of Natural Shapeshifter here, dancing between forms to break immobilisations, perform your own CC and cast HoTs/DoTs is crucial to success. Keep moving, keep DoTs/HoTs up and you will be a great asset to any partner. Use your full kit - depending on your spec, you may also have Feral Charge to provide interrupts on caster opponents also.

Edit: barkskin plus channeled spells is also a great option when you know you're unlikely to be CC'd. This is particularly useful in group PvP and dungeons as any druid spec. As Tauren in dungeons when things get hairy: war stomp, barkskin, tranquility, then if I am there as DPS, go to bear form and taunt one mob and bash another to give the healer time to recover the fight. This can also apply to group PvP. After tranquillity, bear form, charge interrupt, bash. A druid played using all their abilities in the right situations is a powerful hybrid friend to have.

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warlock Affliction
US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
Blah Blah Blah Druid stuff Blah Blah Blah Druid stuff
Also I would add, not really a trick, Druids can start the fight as a stealth kitty!
Decide when to jump out to do a big heal, CC/Interrupt, or focus damage on someone.
Basically a Druid has the ability to surprise their enemies to kinda tilt them in their favor!
Not only are they powerful with their utility but not accounting for them in a fight because they are stealth can really give their enemies problems!

Rawr Power!

Selexin
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Shaman Elemental
donator Posts: 69
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Druids offer incredible utility as PvP healers! Roots, DoTs, and Hots have been covered, but in addition to these there's pounce, feral charge, and bash which allow you to immobilize your opponents and prevent them from casting spells during their duration. Since you can continue to heal your team while on the move/ doing other things via hots, this opens up the ability for you to harass the enemy healers. Once they or someone on their team is low and the healer begins to heal, shift into bear form and feral charge them, preventing the heal from going off, immobilizing them, and preventing that type of spell from being cast for a couple seconds. Then when they start to cast again, bash them. rinse, repeat. Druids are fun PvP healers but I think their skill cap is a bit higher than the others and there's a descent learning curve involved.

-ClassicRaids

Hey there, ClassicRaids here! Join our weekly Free WoW Game Time Giveaway!

ClassicRaids is a website centered around endgame content for World of Warcraft Classic. We help our users with a WoW Classic Guild Recruitment List, Character Search & Lookup, and Gold Making Profession Guides. Check us out and let us know if there's anything we can do to better support the Classic WoW community!
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
4 years ago
Also I would add, not really a trick, Druids can start the fight as a stealth kitty!
Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
If you can open with Pounce/rake/rip
Indeed :wink:

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ClassicRaids wrote:
4 years ago
Druids offer incredible utility as PvP healers! Roots, DoTs, and Hots have been covered, but in addition to these there's pounce, feral charge, and bash which allow you to immobilize your opponents and prevent them from casting spells during their duration. Since you can continue to heal your team while on the move/ doing other things via hots, this opens up the ability for you to harass the enemy healers. Once they or someone on their team is low and the healer begins to heal, shift into bear form and feral charge them, preventing the heal from going off, immobilizing them, and preventing that type of spell from being cast for a couple seconds. Then when they start to cast again, bash them. rinse, repeat. Druids are fun PvP healers but I think their skill cap is a bit higher than the others and there's a descent learning curve involved.

-ClassicRaids
I did go into the benefits of feral charge interrupt and bash in my original post, but it is probably worth noting that while we can move/harass we are quite susceptible to CC (like chain fear), once you have used your PvP trinket, you are now relying on stunning/charging them to interrupt their CC - which isn't overly reliable. You will definitely have situations where you are CC'ed out of the fight while they kill your partner. This is obviously an issue for everyone, but a lot of other race/class combos have more ability to break CC. Our main benefit is breaking immobilize with shifting, just mind your mana ;)

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Paladin Retribution
donator Posts: 64
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Bubble Hearth when you're about to lose. Horde scum will never take you alive. /spit

Fairbanks - Alliance
US Ret Pally - Fairbanks - <Team Naked>
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 165
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nenski wrote:
4 years ago
Bubble Hearth when you're about to lose. Horde scum will never take you alive. /spit
Added Nenski to my tea-bag list....

Selexin Tinyhoof rijndael