4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Moleman wrote:
4 years ago
Faendor wrote:
4 years ago
Realm info today, hype
How do you know this? :)
In a blue post on the official forums, Blizz let us know that they would be releasing realm names before the weekend to allow friends and players to coordinate with one another!

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Biomasse wrote:
4 years ago
the best strategy is probably to enter the name as fast as possible and customize the look later.
can you customize later? I don't think there was a barber shop in vanilla, was there? You might have to pay for a change.

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ReverendChris wrote:
4 years ago
Biomasse wrote:
4 years ago
the best strategy is probably to enter the name as fast as possible and customize the look later.
can you customize later? I don't think there was a barber shop in vanilla, was there? You might have to pay for a change.
Nah he means you reserve a name creating a character as soon as you can and then on release you specify for yourself what look you might want for it, delete your char with reserved name and create a new one.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Or just log in today, figure what you want your character to be and look like, and write it down. Then you're ready for character name day and can grab your name within a minute

Mage Frost
US Thalnos
donator Posts: 132
Alliance
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
Or just log in today, figure what you want your character to be and look like, and write it down. Then you're ready for character name day and can grab your name within a minute
I already have done that on my main, my alt is still in flux as I can't quite make up my mind on Warlock, Priest or Paladin.

I didn't think about just making a random to get the name & then delete later & make a new too with the name. That could be faster. I swear if I have to use special characters I'm going to scream!

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
There is one problem. There is a good chance to get bored with look of your char before name reservation is up :biggrin:

Warlock Affliction
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 88
Undead
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
delete your char with reserved name and create a new one.
This. If I remember correctly even after deleting a character the name is locked out for a few days before anyone else can claim it.

And they say Blizzard games don't have bugs. - Anub'arak
Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tonight is the night.

Where are we meant to go to reserve our names? am i right to believe we log in as if we were logging into the stress test?

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think you log onto the server in-game and create your character on the realm.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

nimeral wrote:
4 years ago
Were they all 50/50 in Vanilla? Doubt they will be 50/50 in Classic.
I've noticed that on pvp realms, slightly favors horde, on pve slightly favors alliance. I have no real stats to point to, but this seems to have been my observation.

Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

beached wrote:
4 years ago
nimeral wrote:
4 years ago
Were they all 50/50 in Vanilla? Doubt they will be 50/50 in Classic.
I've noticed that on pvp realms, slightly favors horde, on pve slightly favors alliance. I have no real stats to point to, but this seems to have been my observation.
In my experience, the majority of Alliance want to quest and raid, Horde on the other hand do that and world PVP.
Sadly a lot of the time world PVP = killing an enemy while they are already in combat or are 5 levels lower than you,
and that's why players join PVE realms.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 years ago
Sadly a lot of the time world PVP = killing an enemy while they are already in combat or are 5 levels lower than you,
and that's why players join PVE realms.
This is THE reason I'm rolling PVE. I find corpse camping by somone 10 lvls+ so detestable. If there was a PVP server where you couldn't engage in combat with someone > 3-5 levels lover than you, I'd roll that. No matter how many people you coordinate, no about of lvl 20's are gonna take down that 60 rogue 1 shotting people questing in RR. But if the rogue was only 5 levels up, you could easily get a 3v1 going to take care of the issue.

I know dishonerable kills became a thing, but that doesnt solve the issue :D

@blizzard make a wuss pvp realm with a pvp level difference cap.