Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
donator Posts: 229
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There's pretty widespread knowledge about what add-ons are going to be out there etc but I'm curious what most people actually plan on using. Any big add-ons you feel most won't use but they should be?

I'm going to be fairly basic with what I plan on getting:

Recount
Casting Bar add-on
Gatherer
DBM
Atlas Loot
Auctioneer-type add-on
Vendor pricing

annnnd....

Yeah, I'm a Dad with a full time job so I will probably end up using a Quest Helper add-on as well to help compensate for my limited play time :P

Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

LazyPig
KTM Threatmeter

Are must haves

Selexin
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is it confirmed we will be able to use an old addons or we should look for updated ones?

Priest Holy
EU Wyrmthalak
donator Posts: 102
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Im not sure yet, but i will play around with addons on the stress test

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 825
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I can't play without titanpanel. The bar going across the top of the screen showing bag space, current amount of gold, system performance, location, etc. The screen looks weird without it at this point.

Also probably going to use iceHUD and a swing timer.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
4 years ago
Is it confirmed we will be able to use an old addons or we should look for updated ones?
I'd look for updated ones since 1.12 is still using the current client for classicwow

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Leveling.

• Dominos (Bar management)
  • WeakAuras (For Shadow Trance procs)
  • LunaUnitFrames (Includes Casting Bar)
  • Immersion (Probably to read quests)
  • ClassicSpellActivations (Again for Shadow Trance)
  • TinyTip (To set the tooltip smaller and mouseover)
  • !Questie (only for the minimap resize, for quests I'll be using browser "Vanilla Questing")
  • MoveAnything (obvious reasons)
Endgame.
  • KTM (For threat management)
  • Atlas Loot (Gotta get that BiS fast)

pan0phobik Biomasse
<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Burning Steppes
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 56
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

1.12 addons will not work for Classic*

* unless their authors have specifically rewritten them for the Classic client as is the case for some popular addons (Luna, YaHT etc)

pan0phobik DoomC
[:flag_eu: :dragon: :flag_gb: :large_blue_diamond: | EU-PvE | English Speaking | Alliance | GMT+1 | Family & Work friendly | Mid-Core]
Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
4 years ago
Leveling.
  • Dominos (Bar management)
  • WeakAuras (For Shadow Trance procs)
  • LunaUnitFrames (Includes Casting Bar)
  • Immersion (Probably to read quests)
  • ClassicSpellActivations (Again for Shadow Trance)
  • TinyTip (To set the tooltip smaller and mouseover)
  • !Questie (only for the minimap resize, for quests I'll be using browser "Vanilla Questing")
  • MoveAnything (obvious reasons)
Endgame.
  • KTM (For threat management)
  • Atlas Loot (Gotta get that BiS fast)
I didn't think of the shadow trance notifications. I'll be adding in things for that too now that you mention it.

Deadwind Pass
US Grobbulus
donator Posts: 223
Orc
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

pan0phobik wrote:
4 years ago
I didn't think of the shadow trance notifications. I'll be adding in things for that too now that you mention it.
I got distracted too much and most of the times I miss the proc and ended up being talents point wasted, the alert is awesome for the proc.

pan0phobik
<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 49
Horde
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Swing Timer for everyone, Totem and Autoshot timer for Shaman and Hunter respectively.

Probably a better unit frame addon that has the numbers/percentages up all the time too, and ideally some compact Grid raids.

Auctioneer, maybe Harvester, and definitely a map addon that shows coordinates (I had one on a private server that just fog-of-war'd over unexplored parts of maps rather than hiding them entirely, which was helpful).

And that might be it. I've gotten used to the default bars (I think they'll have cooldowns as numbers on the bars in the Classic client, right? Not sure on this one).

Thanks, this was a helpful thread for getting my thoughts together on what I need to figure out on Friday :)

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Has anyone here who has been playing Classic Beta utilize any 1.13 add-ons? If so, which? I'm curious what's already been developed or updated for the new client.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
Has anyone here who has been playing Classic Beta utilize any 1.13 add-ons? If so, which? I'm curious what's already been developed or updated for the new client.
I don't know how legit or how good this site is, it was just at the top of a duckduckgo search...

https://legacy-wow.com/classic-addons/

But it seems to have separate lists for 1.12 private servers vs 1.13 official Blizzard Classic WoW. I'm gonna poke around there and see if I can get any of them to work during the stress test.

Hillsbrad Foothills
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 344
Alliance
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 years ago
rijndael wrote:
4 years ago
I don't know how legit or how good this site is, it was just at the top of a duckduckgo search...

https://legacy-wow.com/classic-addons/

But it seems to have separate lists for 1.12 private servers vs 1.13 official Blizzard Classic WoW. I'm gonna poke around there and see if I can get any of them to work during the stress test.
Nice, thanks! Looks like a decent number of 1.13 add-ons on there.

Burning Steppes
EU Pyrewood Village
donator Posts: 56
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You're better served by sticking to

and
willitclassic for a curated work in progress list.

[:flag_eu: :dragon: :flag_gb: :large_blue_diamond: | EU-PvE | English Speaking | Alliance | GMT+1 | Family & Work friendly | Mid-Core]
Swamp of Sorrows
EU Lucifron
donator Posts: 19
Dwarf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There's a few wouldn't want to live without

- Bag management (ArkInventory)
- Button management (Dominos)
- Displaying debuffs/procs (WeakAuras)
- Unit frames (Grid)

Other than that I guess a threat meter, some gathering addon, MoveAnything, TomTom, AutoProfit (selling grey items with a click), chat log (Elephant) will be useful.

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Roadblock wrote:
4 years ago
You're better served by sticking to and
There we go - yeah I'd trust those sites more. I couldn't remember Curse's name.

Also today I learned that curse was bought by Twitch. And that Twitch is owned by Amazon.

That sounds bizarre for a website dedicated to offering up WoW addons. Things have changed a lot over there since I was last looking for them...

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Roadblock wrote:
4 years ago
You're better served by sticking to and
Curseforge will have whatever you are looking for and typically a good working version of it after just a couple days. I've been going there for whatever addons I use for as long as I can remember.

Our time will come.
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

• Atlas Loot (so nostalgic)
  • Threat meter (because I'm a tank)
  • Enemy cast bar (because I'ma tank)
  • Probably a warrior-centric addon (no clue... pointers are welcome)
  • Vendor price addon (because I want to know which gray items to sell to NPC when my bags are full)
  • Possibly "What's Training?", because seeing what ability is available at what level, and how much it costs sounds very logical.
  • MAYBE an auction addon, but I want to keep things casual so I may skip this one.
Also, I will NOT be using Questie or Tomtom or any other quest / coordinate helper addons. Reading quests is just really fun for me.
Very offtopic, but I would love it if there was a server with NO map / minimap. That would be so immersive.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde