Teldrassil
EU Nethergarde Keep
donator Posts: 29
Night Elf
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

A sit-down with Ryan Birmingham and Omar Gonzalez discussing the beta and what's next:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... -to-launch

Not a massive deep dive but still interesting imo

Relik
Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 80
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

i'm a little annoyed they still don't know/haven't talked about the time gap between each phase ...

EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Original WoW had a lot of problems with gold farming [the umbrella term used to refer to the black market practice of people - not Blizzard - selling World of Warcraft gold]. Now, of course, you can legitimately buy gold in World of Warcraft using the Token system. To clarify: is this available in Classic?

Brian Birmingham: We do not have it available, although players have pointed out that since it's a shared subscription, if you wanted to farm a bunch of gold in modern WoW and use that to re-up your subscription, that does get you another month of Classic WoW access as well.
Somehow this answer doesn't sit well with me. It's almost as if they're saying it's not available yet.

Alnir
Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
Original WoW had a lot of problems with gold farming [the umbrella term used to refer to the black market practice of people - not Blizzard - selling World of Warcraft gold]. Now, of course, you can legitimately buy gold in World of Warcraft using the Token system. To clarify: is this available in Classic?

Brian Birmingham: We do not have it available, although players have pointed out that since it's a shared subscription, if you wanted to farm a bunch of gold in modern WoW and use that to re-up your subscription, that does get you another month of Classic WoW access as well.
Somehow this answer doesn't sit well with me. It's almost as if they're saying it's not available yet.
i think he means that they don't have to implement tokens in classic because you can just make gold easily in modern wow and buy a token there.

Erik
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 231
Horde
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

zutch wrote:
4 years ago
Relik wrote:
4 years ago

i think he means that they don't have to implement tokens in classic because you can just make gold easily in modern wow and buy a token there.
Paying for your sub with a retail token is fine, I have no problem with that.

I just want them to say with 100% certainty that you will never be able to buy gold in Classic or we'll have stacks of https://www.wowhead.com/item=2447/peacebloom for 1,000g.

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago
I don't think they will implement it in classic, however I'm cool with them farming gold in retail and buying sub so they
can play classic. It doesn't affect classic in any way really more then some players have to spend less Classic time
to farm gold

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
Winterspring
EU Zandalar Tribe
Dwarf
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 years ago

Paying for your sub with a retail token is fine, I have no problem with that.

I just want them to say with 100% certainty that you will never be able to buy gold in Classic or we'll have stacks of https://www.wowhead.com/item=2447/peacebloom for 1,000g.
i totally agree, it'd go against their goal of authentic classic experience.

EL_KUKKO