US Kirtonos
donator Posts: 363
Horde
Warlock
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

couchatron wrote:
4 years ago
Blizzard really screwed the pooch by not giving TF the Warlock keyword. I mean, hellllooooo.... firestones?! #MELELOCK2019
My warlock won't want to wield this but my Blueberry would use it! :surprised:

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Demonology Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 50 | - | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 20 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 | - | Reignmaker - Frost Mage | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Duskwood
donator Posts: 2
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Caperfin wrote:
4 years ago
My guild was perhaps a special case, but no, dps pulling too much threat/aggro was never an issue.
This would be the case in a guild full of memes that are performing suboptimally. For most guilds TPS will be the biggest variable in bottleknecking your raids DPS. The tanks TPS is the most important factor when considering gearing your team for progression.
Made an account just to QFE.

Paladin Protection
EU Gehennas
donator Posts: 114
Human
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thunderfury has a high procrate. The proc cause additional threat on top of the damage, and as icing on the cake the damage is further boosted by the threat modifier from Defensive Stance and Defiance.

The difference in threat between having a Thunderfury and not having one is massive. Not sure why people think differently? Even if threat wasnt an issue to begin with due to low DPS on the raid, it just means the tank can exlusively use mitigation gear and never worry about dying rather than wearing DPS gear for threat.

Stfuppercut Linguine
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Holyfrog wrote:
4 years ago
The difference in threat between having a Thunderfury and not having one is massive. Not sure why people think differently? Even if threat wasnt an issue to begin with due to low DPS on the raid, it just means the tank can exlusively use mitigation gear and never worry about dying rather than wearing DPS gear for threat.
People think differently because they lack experience. Instead of seeking experience through actually playing the game at a high level, they just make presumptions and share them with others as fact. New players can’t interpret the difference and become mislead by those they perceive as experienced and the cycle continues... The blind leading the blind.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

couchatron wrote:
4 years ago
Blizzard really screwed the pooch by not giving TF the Warlock keyword. I mean, hellllooooo.... firestones?! #MELELOCK2019
You joke, but Caperfin's guild would probably run this spec. And it would be the tank.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink: