View results
Poll  •  Healer must threat between Mage and Warlock
donator Posts: 10
Human
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi, If you are a healer in Classic, what is your must threat between Mage and Warlock ? And Why ?
In random BG and Premade ?

They have both counter spell (mage slightly better)
They have both spammable magic control, sheep and fear

Mage have slow, damage cannot be "dispellable" and maybe more burst ? I don't know for the burst part, enlighten me :)
Mage can't really control the healer outside of slow/sheep, maybe engineer and random fire proc ?

Warlock have felhunter "purge"
Warlock have curse of tongues (only druide and mage can dispell this)
Warlock can Death Coil and maybe DPS while you'r feared
Warlock DoT damage can be dispellable

I have to forget some tools because I do not have a big knowledge of the game in Vanilla but if you have an advice versus this class, which control/kill first ? maybe some healer is better than any other ?

Thanks

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just to clarify are you asking which class a healer will have more trouble fighting against (enemy), or are you asking which class a healer would rather have as an ally(friend)?

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
donator Posts: 10
Human
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 years ago
Just to clarify are you asking which class a healer will have more trouble fighting against (enemy), or are you asking which class a healer would rather have as an ally(friend)?
@Stfuppercutif, sorry if I am poorly expressed.

"Just to clarify are you asking which class a healer will have more trouble fighting against (enemy)"

This, between Mage and Warlock, because are the only ones caster who can spam control, like sheep/fear.

I will play Warlock in Classic, Alliance side, PvP Server, with a friend, she play Paladin heal, so class choice is already done.
I have almost no experience in Vanilla PvP, except a poor shaman long ago, before windfury was nerfed, have PvP experience in BC/Wotlk but it's useless in Vanilla.
I mostly try to get information "who control or burst first for my lady !" even if it's much more complicated I guess :lol: and because advices are welcome.

Thanks.

Arathi Basin
EU Ten Storms
donator Posts: 253
Alliance
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In scenarios where you are playing healer+dps, I think mages have more 2v1 potential vs healer+dps since they have more burst I think and could CC one while trying to burst down the other one. I can't really remember how fast a Warlock can burn someone down while having the other one CCed. They do have fear+succubus so maybe might be a better option. Also depends who you go up against I suppose.

I could be too clouded from retail, this probably won't hold up in Classic

Altaholic playing the following:
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50