donator Posts: 3
Orc
Shaman
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey y'all

Im seeking advise from people who have experience playing endgame content in both PVE and PVP.

Basically, I would need to know whether i have prioritized my keybinds correctly and whether something important is missing (should work for both PVP and PVE). Any input is welcome.

Color coding:

• Green: Movement keys
  • Yellow: Modifier keys. I know that TAB and Capslock cant normally be used as modifiers hence i messed with the registry to make it work. it just feels way more comfortable for me than using Shift and Ctrl. That's a game changer for me which made me want to use modifiers for the first time in my wow life.
  • Red: Easy to reach and can be used with modifier keys
  • Light red: OK to reach and can be used with modifier keys
  • Blue: Ok to reach but cant be used with modifier keys

Blasted Lands
donator Posts: 31
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Why rebind map to n, the default button for talents?
Why would you use tab and caps lock as modifier, when ctrl and shift is much better modifiers. Using tab costs you one extra finger. Unless you are reaching for tab with your pinky which leaves your hand in a very bad position, probably why your Z never binded.
Why place drink on tab X modifier, while auto run is on non modifier? Certainly drinking will be used more than auto run.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I have never used tab or caps modifiers. I regularly use shift and ctrl modifiers. Placement of abilities is subjective. I opt to place important cooldowns and abilities like an interrupt on easily accessible keys with no modifier. Abilities like pummel, trinket etc.

As for my binds I use the keys : 1 2 3 4 5 6 r f c t g v z x - then I shift modify all of these. then I ctrl modify most of these. I use ` for my mount and b for an ability. I use a scroll wheel bind. I have a mouse with 12 buttons on the side which I generally use for macros. It really wont matter how many binds you have, you will always be short and always need more.

I have unbound S (backpedal) in the past and used it for an extra ability but I actually prefer to keep it bound in Classic.

I am not familiar with playing a shaman and dont see anything too strange about your setup other than the lack of abilities and macros. Perhaps this is par for the course while playing a resto shaman though.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My keybinds are, regardless of the class:

Q for gap closer (Alt+Q and/or Shift+Q for alternatives)
E for bread and butter skill (Alt+ and/or Shift+ for alternatives)
` (left of 1) for interrupts
Z for execute-like skill
F for mounting
Mid mouse button for a vital skill (e.g.: taunt for tanking)
1-2-3-4-5 for damage (or main tank) abilities
Shift + 1-2-3-4-5 for other damage abilities
Ctrl + 1-2-3-4-5 for situational abilities
Alt + 1-2-3-4-5 for cooldowns (going from shortest cooldown to longest cooldown)
Mouse button 4 (left side of mouse) for autorunning

I still need to find good placement for Warrior stance dancing, and also buttloads of Warrior Macros, and put them somewhere... Most likely to Ctrl + 12345.

I'm using a Japanese keyboard so F1/F2/F3/F4 are whacky and unreliable, so those are a no-go for me.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde