Druid Feral
US Incendius
donator Posts: 163
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey guys,

Pretty new to the Barrens Chat! Really enjoying the discussions so far.

I'm going to be rolling a druid (confirmed) and I know I'm going to be tanking and healing for sure as they are my preferred roles in dungeons and raiding.

With that said, Smoking Heart of the Mountain is BiS for feral druids.

I know my final profs will be Herb/Alch, but before then I need enchanting to get Smoking Heart of the Mountain.

My question is: Should I level with enchanting and herbalism and drop enchanting after I have made SHofM or should I just take Skinning/Herb and drop skinning once I reach 60 and just power level enchanting then, and then drop enchanting for alchemy once I have SHotM?

Any tips you guys could give me would be great.

Thanks!

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

i plan to take herb/skin and drop skin for alch at max.

But, since you are set on enchant, you can take tailoring/enchant on the way up. DE greens for mats to level, sell the excess, sell wands and bags on the way up should be good money. Enchanting takes a lot of mats to level, so it will take more time than skin/herb as far as gp/h goes, but shouldnt be too much of na issue.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Would it be worth it to take tailoring and enchanting if I'm just going to drop both of those? The free bags are pretty enticing though...

I don't really care about making gold with my profs as I level, it's mainly just because I find leveling profs (while leveling) fun.

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If you just want to have fun and dont care about gold, why drop any profs at 60? Just go with those you enjoy from the beginning.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Elwynn Forest
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 102
Alliance
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I assume herb alch is so you can fund your own pots? as Ench and tailor at 60, you can make some decent gp. do what @faendor said and not drop at 60, and just buy your pots or buy/farm mats that you can and have a guild alch make them for you?

Ashenvale
donator Posts: 59
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gonna roll I druid too and be tank/healer during leveling. At the moment I think I'll go with enchanting and tailoring to get more caster gear for healing while leveling and to get Smoking Heart of the Mountain for tanking in the end. Not sure yet if I'll eventually drop them or do I keep them.

Druid Feral
US Incendius
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Aegust wrote:
4 years ago
Gonna roll I druid too and be tank/healer during leveling. At the moment I think I'll go with enchanting and tailoring to get more caster gear for healing while leveling and to get Smoking Heart of the Mountain for tanking in the end. Not sure yet if I'll eventually drop them or do I keep them.
I guess the whole reason why I'm planning on dropping enchanting is because I don't really enjoy the profession really. I've always loved herb/alch, its always been my favourite profession combo.

The whole reason to get enchanting is to have that sweet sweet smoking heart because I know I'm going to be tanking.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
4 years ago
If you just want to have fun and dont care about gold, why drop any profs at 60? Just go with those you enjoy from the beginning.
Probably because his version of fun, is playing the game well. Which is why he mentioned BiS lists and is asking a question framed around efficiency and optimization. In short, he has fun in a different way than you do. Its always best to take a minute and look at OP's question and then frame your answer around their needs/wants. He wants to have fun, but he also wants to be competitive at max level.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warsong Gulch
donator Posts: 20
Horde
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've thought about this too. I think it depends how quickly you want to be 60.

If you're planning on making your way to 60 quite quickly then do Enchanting/Skinning as you can easily do those without much hassle during the level ling process and can power them at 60 later. If you're willing to (literally) stop and smell the flowers then go with Ench/Herbalism and spend a bit of time keeping herb up. If you're somewhere in the middle then I would combine them, Take Ench/Skinning until 30 for Travel Form (or 40 for mount) then drop Skinning for Herb and do a few more efficient loops with the speed boost and more information about which areas are busy etc.

Faendor
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 444
Alliance
Priest
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I missed the line about intention of making the enchanting bop. Was kinda braindead replying at work lol.
With that in mind I would probably level with skinning and enchanting so I would disenchant all greens on the way to 60 making levelling ench easier. Skinning would provide me with the neccessary funding for my mount and levelling enchanting. Once I had created the bop I would have dropped profs for herb/alch.

Stfuppercut
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
donator Posts: 22
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

one path to consider-- skin+ench, bank the skins while leveling, at 60 drop skin for LW. Turn the banked skins into greens and D/E. Bank your cloth while leveling and you have the option to do the same with tailoring afterwards if you need a lot more enchanting mats and they're expensive on the AH. If they're cheap just vendor or AH the skins and don't bother with LW.

Then go back and level herb+alch, should be pretty quick at 60.

Felwood
donator Posts: 185
Gnome
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I don't know how much time you have available to play,
my advice is to play and level another character with Herbalism also so you can ditch it on your main and still make potions.
:p

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|