donator Posts: 19
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

guldskrald wrote:
4 years ago
I kind of get where you're going, but I think we approach this from two different angles: you seem to wan't to make a steady 5-man group for the entire content, where I was more thinking of having a community where you could just type "DPS LFG SM:GY Farm", and make random groups whenever you were on. I think there are too many downsides and risks in staying with one group, with only a few replacements along the way. By all means go for it, I'm not saying it's impossible! You'll no doubt get better times running with the same group over and over if you're able to be online all of you at the same times. But in my opinion that's just a really big if...
Which is what we are building. A community. Strong groups that are doing this from 1-60, need a guild to support them and a healthy stable of users to back them up if anyone flakes out. This method is still strong enough for casual users to dungeon spam. Which is why we are recruiting both and matching players who will work together well on the top end, while build a strong community for the casuals on the bottom end. I wont link all my players, but here are some of our earlier spreadsheets for an example (we have since learned and made a few updates):

The goal here is to offer the top end players a group that is consistent and will keep up, while building a strong base of casual players that can also benefit from the strategy. The guild will need both ends to be healthy. Which is also why I'm not interested in over-complicating things and offering recruiting for horde or EU. Its best to stay in my lane and build a strong community for one guild on one server. Set one goal and have everyone work towards that goal. In this way we avoid spreading ourselves too thin.

We are projecting approximately 100 members that will be rolling together in one guild on launch. We will then begin recruiting ingame and aim to keep a steady stream of players entering the guild to help battle attrition and build the lower end of our community. The initial launch day offers a great surge of players. We also anticipate that recruiting will get easier once we have realm names, as many people are holding out until we have more details.

So to respond to your point, I am not concerned with building a 5 man team, I am attempting to build a 100 man army. Some are part of consistent teams, some are casual, some are traditionally leveling but all of them have interest in putting together dungeon runs as often as possible.

Not trying to reroute the thread here, I do think that this is related to the topic as this method requires a strong foundation to function. I think that this will be the major oversight that causes many teams to fail. It is also not being discussed by many people who plan to try this strategy.

There is always strength in numbers. The more individuals or organizations that you can rally to your cause, the better. - Mark shields (ironically, none of our players will be using shields)

<Dungeon Grind / Tempo> Fairbanks NA PvP Alliance...... https://discord.gg/GMph6a Come find your duo partner or dungeon cleave team for Classic. And join us for raiding quickly after Classic launches.
Durotar
US Whitemane
Undead
Mage
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

i know its not vanilla wow but i solo farmed rfc from 10-20 on some classes before the level scaling and it was really efficient. did anyone else do this at some point?

donator Posts: 6
Dwarf
Paladin
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Dungeonboss wrote:
4 years ago
guldskrald wrote:
4 years ago
I kind of get where you're going, but I think we approach this from two different angles: you seem to wan't to make a steady 5-man group for the entire content, where I was more thinking of having a community where you could just type "DPS LFG SM:GY Farm", and make random groups whenever you were on. I think there are too many downsides and risks in staying with one group, with only a few replacements along the way. By all means go for it, I'm not saying it's impossible! You'll no doubt get better times running with the same group over and over if you're able to be online all of you at the same times. But in my opinion that's just a really big if...
Which is what we are building. A community. Strong groups that are doing this from 1-60, need a guild to support them and a healthy stable of users to back them up if anyone flakes out. This method is still strong enough for casual users to dungeon spam. Which is why we are recruiting both and matching players who will work together well on the top end, while build a strong community for the casuals on the bottom end. I wont link all my players, but here are some of our earlier spreadsheets for an example (we have since learned and made a few updates):

The goal here is to offer the top end players a group that is consistent and will keep up, while building a strong base of casual players that can also benefit from the strategy. The guild will need both ends to be healthy. Which is also why I'm not interested in over-complicating things and offering recruiting for horde or EU. Its best to stay in my lane and build a strong community for one guild on one server. Set one goal and have everyone work towards that goal. In this way we avoid spreading ourselves too thin.

We are projecting approximately 100 members that will be rolling together in one guild on launch. We will then begin recruiting ingame and aim to keep a steady stream of players entering the guild to help battle attrition and build the lower end of our community. The initial launch day offers a great surge of players. We also anticipate that recruiting will get easier once we have realm names, as many people are holding out until we have more details.

So to respond to your point, I am not concerned with building a 5 man team, I am attempting to build a 100 man army. Some are part of consistent teams, some are casual, some are traditionally leveling but all of them have interest in putting together dungeon runs as often as possible.

Not trying to reroute the thread here, I do think that this is related to the topic as this method requires a strong foundation to function. I think that this will be the major oversight that causes many teams to fail. It is also not being discussed by many people who plan to try this strategy.

There is always strength in numbers. The more individuals or organizations that you can rally to your cause, the better. - Mark shields (ironically, none of our players will be using shields)
I completely agree with everything you said. I guess I misunderstood the layout on the discord, and thought of it as steady groups, and not a community. I fully understand that you want to focus on NA Alliance. Again, I just wish some one would make it on EU ;)

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1169
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Dungeonboss wrote:
4 years ago
Haha. Been chatting with the group and a friend of mine has already joined up with these guys. We're considering taking our guys alliance to jump onboard. Pretty great opportunity for people to start on a realm with a strong community and have a bunch of support during leveling. Most leveling guilds dont really serve a purpose other than socialization. It seems like these guys have found a way to min/max the leveling aspect of the grind and provide a guild with a ton of utility. I do tend to disagree with not having an EU/horde option though. I think the community would be stronger as a whole if it was offered to everyone.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
donator Posts: 3
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Dungeonboss wrote:
4 years ago
guldskrald wrote:
4 years ago
If only there was anything like this for EU :(
Make it! I'm 3 days in and have no support/idea how to work discord. There is a HUGE demand for this, the people who join will help you out so much! Feel free to join ours and take whatever resources you need and use them for yourself. The more awareness this method has, and the more people dungeon grind, the better for all of us.
I made a discord server for all, please invite anyone you know looking for players to dungeon grind with

see https://discord.gg/BDU9MFD

shadowpartner
donator Posts:
shadowpartner
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm wondering if anyone has put together an optimised talent route for Warriors in dungeon leveling yet?

Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

shadowpartner wrote:
4 years ago
I'm wondering if anyone has put together an optimised talent route for Warriors in dungeon leveling yet?
It depends on the comp youre running. Arms for sweeping strikes and fury for imp cleave as your two main priorities. Each of your warriors will run a slightly different spec. Your weakest warrior, the warrior you give upgrades to last, will run imp battleshout, he will be less concerned with parry because he wont pull threat. He will be less concerned with any and all talents that benifit getting hit, because he likely wont be getting hit often.

Your aggressive warriors will be running aggressive talent specs and will save valuable points that they would waste in things like imp battleshout. They will prioritize some talents that benifit from a warrior getting hit. They will likely opt to put an extra point or two into deflection to help them reach sweeping strikes as the extra parry will likely provide more value than the extra dmg from two hand wep spec. Depending on your setup you can run a variety of good specs... I dont want to get into it too much here, but all of this info can be found in our discord from many of the informed warriors there.

Many players are already beginning to theorycraft this. The truth is you have quite a bit of room for creativity when it comes to your build, so long as it synergizes well with your comp.

<Dungeon Grind / Tempo> Fairbanks NA PvP Alliance...... https://discord.gg/GMph6a Come find your duo partner or dungeon cleave team for Classic. And join us for raiding quickly after Classic launches.
Warrior Protection
donator Posts: 30
Troll
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've got a 5 man group on NA PVP Horde and we're looking to expand into 10 people. Could potentially turn into a guild if we get enough. If any of you want to join (or merge your existing group with ours to create a mega group), check my signature for my discord.

Dungeonboss
How ya doin' mon?
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Morph wrote:
4 years ago
I've got a 5 man group on NA PVP Horde and we're looking to expand into 10 people. Could potentially turn into a guild if we get enough. If any of you want to join (or merge your existing group with ours to create a mega group), check my signature for my discord.
Lets get some horde up in this bitch and build a horde discord as well!

Our community is growing exponentially on ally side. Tons of teams looking for their final players. Up to about 100 members (65ish in the discord) and about 4 completed teams. Our true connection is a bit bigger than that because we also have a sister guild that will be rolling with us on launch =). Tons of opportunities guys, whether youre horde or alliance get in on this while its fresh and find your teams.

Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

shadowpartner wrote:
4 years ago
Arms for sure because of Sweeping Strikes. Maybe something like this:
https://bobo-talents.aerobaticapp.com/? ... qzs-tatbtc

Hopefully someone that has more practice with cleave groups can chime in.

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
4 years ago
shadowpartner wrote:
4 years ago
Arms for sure because of Sweeping Strikes. Maybe something like this:
https://bobo-talents.aerobaticapp.com/? ... qzs-tatbtc

Hopefully someone that has more practice with cleave groups can chime in.
I have seen similar builds. I have also seen people drop mortal strike and axe spec, and opt to take up imp execute and flurry. It sort of depends on your role. Not all warriors on a 3 man cleave team will have the same role. You will likely want a battleshout warr, with piercing etc and then you will need warriors that are more focused on DPS. All warriors will be placing heavy value on imp cleave though from my understanding.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Warrior Arms
Horde
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There was an interesting video regarding instance farming produced by Ebbnflow:

Likewise the Mage cleave group he was discussing was part of a Kargoz Live Steam VOD available here:

I think that instance farming seems to be viable on Classic, what you need however is a committed group who wont stray and solo level their toons on the side. You also need to align your schedules to min/max the number of instance runs completed together.

An alternative to that however is simple solo level on one character and have another dedicated to instance levelling with our pre arranged group or Guild. Something that I'll be looking at doing. The Warlock alt being Solo and the Warrior Tank being 5 mans.

Lendryn
"Dem <LUSTRUMGG> Raiders Be Chill Mon"
donator Posts: 4
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This guy is uploading vids of a melee cleave group leveling on a pserver.

@25k/hr in mid 20's
@45k/hr in mid 30's
@55k/hr in mid 40's

Not shabby, especially for warriors when compared to solo questing. Classic instances are supposed to be even better xp/hr than pservers.

Stfuppercut
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

RobGFour wrote:
4 years ago

@25k/hr in mid 20's
@45k/hr in mid 30's
@55k/hr in mid 40's

Not shabby, especially for warriors when compared to solo questing. Classic instances are supposed to be even better xp/hr than pservers.
Yea, these numbers are absurdly high for warriors. An important consideration is how accessible these times really are. If we take the average player from private who dings 60 at 10-11 days played, and then we consider that the average warrior is higher than that... Bringing the average warrior from 11 days played down to 5-6 days played takes a TON of optimization and effort to their route. Meanwhile, that same warrior could jump on a cleave team and have instant improvement. They can instantly cut their leveling time in half. Its crazy.

Selexin
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Some gold estimates for dungeon grinding on horde are about: "We're expected to have run 192+ dungeons and have earned roughly 200g each by the time we're 42............." according to the 5-man instance leveling discord. They have some google docs showing how they obtained their numbers but it wont let me link it here =(

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

200g each? Holy shit.....

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 years ago
200g each? Holy shit.....
Yea. Their spreadsheet doesnt show a single epic drop either and it looks like they prioritized vendoring instead of DEing. They listed all of their items based on all of their runs and then normalized their numbers and used the median values to predict their consistent gold gain at each dungeon. They took that and multiplied it by the quantity of dungeons they ran.

edit: even if this number is off (which im certain it will be because private servers) this is still going to be an insane quantity of gold for players at 42. I know some early concerns with this method were regarding obtaining mounts etc, but that doesnt seem to be an issue either.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Desolace
donator Posts: 29
Horde
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

RobGFour wrote:
4 years ago

@25k/hr in mid 20's
@45k/hr in mid 30's
@55k/hr in mid 40's

WOW looks amazing, very nice selection of videos!

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I seen a good contribution to this topic linked on Dungeonbosses discord from reddit for those interested - https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... ling_as_a/

Goes over the value of certain abilities and different level brackets and considers the value of cleave in general. Interesting stuff. By the way, props to the discord group Dungeonboss, its growing like crazy. I have one or two more friends to convince and we may be rolling with these guys. :lol:

Dungeonboss
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
donator Posts: 4
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Can you link the Dungeonboss Discord?

Thx

Dungeonboss
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

RobGFour wrote:
4 years ago
Can you link the Dungeonboss Discord?
Dungeonboss wrote:
4 years ago
<Dungeon Grind> https://discord.gg/6vpqyuZ
Has grown to over 100 members in a week lol.

Dungeonboss
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Alliance
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thank you for all the support - we are climbing in members quickly! The interest with dungeon grinding is insane. Launch day presents a lot of questionable variables. Leveling inside of a dungeon creates a place where a team can earn consistent XP. Currently working on a list of valuable items for our cleavers!

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=7717/ravager
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9477/t ... s-enforcer
(as seen in the above video)

Questions still exist about some of these proc rates, but items like these are sure to add some value to your cleave team. Remember warriors, staffs are a good thing XD

Stfuppercut Biomasse
Warrior Arms
Horde
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This seems to be the hottest topic of the week.

Guaranteed the fastest way to level a Warrior if you can find the friends to make it work.

But since the discovery of this from analysing streamer VODs from the Beta, people have also analysed the rotations/skills that the groups were using.

These groups were not all Warrior Veterans, they were a bunch of guys trying to show off how good the XP is.

The Irony of calling it a Melee Cleave is that the Cleave skill itself is pretty much the last skill you want to use.

A friend sent me this analysis: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... slide=id.p

TLDR - Don't replace your auto attacks with cleave.

Instead pull 4 mobs at a time, Rend everything till lvl30. Thunderclap. Sunders. Whirldwind.

Your auto attacks on a Sundered Target return more Rage.

In addition for those that don't want to play Melee classes, the spell cleave comp focuses on farming instance trash and not the bosses.

Whereas the Melee Comp group is reliant on the upgrades from bosses.

"Dem <LUSTRUMGG> Raiders Be Chill Mon"
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

KURTIZZLE wrote:
4 years ago
The Irony of calling it a Melee Cleave is that the Cleave skill itself is pretty much the last skill you want to use.
I don't think that this is why they were calling them cleave teams. "Cleave is a term used to describe an arena composition where a majority of the players or damage dealers are melee classes. The term became popular in season three of the arena PvP system, when multiple 3v3 "double melee" compositions began to climb arena ladders." This is why caster teams are referred to as spell cleave teams, regardless of the fact that none use cleave. In World Of Warcraft now, cleave is more of a playstyle and is a word used to describe attacking multiple targets at the same time.

Also, while this spreadsheet is super informative, it simply reinforces the adaptations that we're being pushed by pserver players who are optimizing this.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 years ago
Hunter Survival
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Tauren
Warrior
4 years ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@KURTIZZLE @Stfuppercut I need to see that data properly tested. The writer makes a lot of big assumptions — that mobs have enough armor for sunder to make a difference, that they will be full health when sundered, that rend always ticks to completion, and on and on. What about extra windfury procs from cleave hitting two targets? (author is only writing about pre-30)